I'm curious ask to what you think about sites dying out. In your opinion, what are the tell tale signs a site is going on a downward spiral and probably can't be saved?
I think a site begins to die in this order:
1) The art marketplace has no where else to go, therefore degrading in quality and diversity.
2) The owner releases a way to buy premium features separately from the complete package itself, therefore giving money away.
3) The owner seems less focused and less interested with concerns from players, producing great neglect and denial to any evidence stating the obvious.
4) A lot of the original players quit and don't return (or do, but do not stay for long.)
5) Feedback is censored and restricted.
6) The game's economy and currency tanks, taking a severe turn for the worst (crazy high inflation that money sinks don't aid).
7) Little suggestion is taken, or suggestion is taken but is taken in a useless way.
8) No expansion: the site becomes 'old news'
9) The forums become inactive
10) A staff survey is posted in effort to 'help the game improve' though history shows they won't be taking any suggestion soon.
11) Updates are slow or useless