Scavenger Hunt July 2011
Scavenger Hunt July 2011
The time is drawing nearer... are you ready to tackle Scav?
Establish your team base here!
What is Scavenger Hunt?
Scavenger Hunt is a game occurring in January and July that involves working together with a team of other users to win massive prizes. A list involving tasks will be posted on midnight of the day the Scavenger Hunt game begins, and includes such things as getting high scores in games, drawing, writing, creating real life crafts, and doing strange tasks for points.
The prize list will be posted when Scavenger Hunt is closer to beginning.
Scavenger Hunt begins Midnight, July 8th.
Scavenger Hunt ends Midnight, July 15th
The list will be 300 questions long.
Because I can't think of 500 questions. That makes it easier for you!
Scavenger Hunt Rules
1. Teams can consist of twenty or less players.
2. Each player, inactive or not, on an account counts toward a slot.
3. Staff will not hash out prize disputes.
4. Team leader has the power to kick any player off their team.
5. Teams are responsible for the action of all team players.
6. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated in any form. Respect your team members, other teams, and the event.
7. Cheating will result in the entire team being disqualified without any prize.
8. Screenshot proofs must be dated with time and date. No exceptions this year.
9. Photo proofs must include a piece of paper in the shot that has the team name. No exceptions, and no photoshopping in text.
10. Art proof only requires the final image and the team's name on it.
11. Writing proof only requires the final draft and a word count. Feel free to link a Google Document in your proof slot if the result is too long.
12. Judges can assign full, partial, or no points based on the task proof submitted. Quality of the submission is not taken into account as long as it follows all the task's requirements. However, recall that the Art Gallery will award prizes to the coolest Scavenger Hunt entries that are submitted to it.
13. Tasks cannot be combined this year. Every task must be done uniquely.
14. Tasks must be followed to the letter. If you have a question about a task, use the brand new Scav Rules Forum, but keep in mind that tasks will NOT be twisted or given exceptions, so don't ask questions like that.
15. Off-site Scavenger Hunt forums are not allowed this year - please use your team's private forum.
16. The list/proof system is automated this year, so you must get your entries in by the deadline, or you'll be locked out.
17. Please keep all non-private Scavenger Hunt related discussion on the Scavenger Hunt Chat board, where you can talk to other teams' members and discuss Scav..
Get prepared for Scavenger Hunt! Establish your team, accept your team members, plan ahead, and enjoy your private team boards and the automated list-submission system!
Various other things - like Trivia, Raffle Crystal, and the Monthly Customs will be posted tomorrow to give this news post time to shiiiiiine.