Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Wanting to the biggest Virtual Pet forum on then net? Feel free to sign up today.

1. online virtual  pet site with mmorpg elements join a spooky virtual pet game! VigLink badge

Find virtual pet sites, sim games or role playing games to play.
    Other websites that we own: virtual pets blog - Admin Forum
    Please follow our Rules!
    Are you creative? Then come and participate in our $100 posting contest

Animated Banner Contest?

Discussion in 'Art/Writing General' started by Sim, May 3, 2012.

1. Sim

Sim Approved Coder
    Junior Programmer VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    Has anyone ran a banner contest before. I am thinking of running a banner contest for my site's forum and I don't know how much I should offer the winner. Has anyone done anything like this before? If so how much has they given the winner.

support our sponsor and join today
  2. Pepper-Head

Pepper-Head You've cat to be kitten mew right meow.
    Moderator VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Inactive VPL Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    Well, I think it depends on the contest requirements and your site's currency.

If it's a simple animation, like letters shining or wiggling a bit, or maybe there's a pet that's blinking, then I wouldn't offer too much. Does your site have other art contests? I would maybe go along with that reward, maybe a little more, especially if this is a one-time-deal.
    I know trophies and a special item (either for entering a valid entry or winning - you decide) are great incentives ^^ You could do that vs a money prize if you wanted.

Good luck!

3. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder
    Administrator VPL Member

Top Poster Of Month

Showcase Items:
    We got a lot of animated banners created by our users here when we ran our create a banner contest, win up to $25. It went pretty well, I'd recommend that you do it as well.