1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

Are you happy with your life?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Gabby, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Pretty deep question, I know. :p Personally, I find myself always asking if I'm doing the right or wrong thing. I like to think despite all the mistakes I've made, I remain decently happy with my life. I know I've been depressed lately but we all go through our own little issues with who we are and what's happening around them. All in all, I can say I'm pretty content with where I am any other time.

How about you? Do you constantly find yourself three steps in reverse whenever you try to better your life?

**Note: This topic can get sensitive so please be respectful and considerate of everyone. I just don't want any hurt feelings. Thanks :)**

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  2. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    I'm in a good space, so yes, I'm very happy with how my life is going.

3. Encode

Encode Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    That is a pretty deep question XD And for me, the answer ends up changing multiple times a week, because I still struggle with depression and such.

Right now, I feel I can say I'm happy though :) I'm contently eating some food I actually enjoy (although this bread is hard as a rock), in a comfy chair and browsing the internet. I'm happy because I'm intentionally ignoring the fact that I am poor and have a million things to do. Once that catches up to me within the next few days, I will probably be less happy XD

4. cpvr

Reputations:
    Are they giving you any medications for the depression or are you doing it solo?
    Just wondering because I'm not on any anti-depressants either, and haven't been for a long. My Trazodone[helps with sleep], tends to help me with the depression.

I'm poor as well, my money comes and goes. XD I'm sometimes a good saver though.:biggrin:

5. Encode

Reputations:
    No, I'm not on any medications either XP I'm really hesitant to become reliant on anything, because my family has a history of addiction to things.

I'm just awful at saving, I won't lie XD I grew up poor, and we always jumped at the little bit of money we could use to treat ourselves with (like eating out at a cheap restaurant, or getting ice cream or something). It was how we sort of got ourselves by, and I do the same thing. I set up little things to look forward to, like a cheap restaurant, and focus on that as my 'treat' for making it through a week or something XD

6. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I feel as if I've seen this thread before..

Well anyway, yeah I guess I do. Good college, good boyfriend, good comrades and family, good grades and good rep.. It's cool.

7. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus VPL Member

Reputations:
    Definitely happy, yes. I'm with the girl of my dreams, we have an affordable place to live, food on the table, and money each month to spend. I feel like my life didn't even start until I met her. Plus I'm on disability so I don't have to work at some stressful job and instead get to chill with my girl all day. Couldn't ask for anything else!

8. cpvr

Reputations:
    What's your grades like? I remember I could only get an A or B in classes that related to history/geography. I sucked at Math, and English.

You're not the only one who grew up poor. It was hard as heck though because I didn't always get things that I wanted, but when my dad got older, and moved up his rank at his job, things got better for us. We still have a lot of family living in the hood, IE, projects and things. It's kind of weird that its only us, and my aunt's family from my mom's side that's doing well.

My dad's side of the family has always struggled and it sucks, but life is what you make out of it.
    Ya, that's an issue right there, I agree. I take 4 medications daily for my Bipolar and I don't see myself coming off of them ever because it keeps my mind clear, and keeps me going.

This is a great image I just found:
    [​IMG]

So, what are some things that make you happy?

On disability for what? What's wrong if you don't me asking? I'm on it as well, and have been for about a year now. It's a lot better being home than working a real job - because when I had "job" and I reported issues to the heads, like I had an anxiety attack on my feet, and my old co-workers were like "Stop being a baby, go work", I couldn't because I couldn't walk, it wasn't my fault that an anxiety attack sprung out.

9. Encode

Reputations:
    @cpvr Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that good saving skills meant you hadn't grown up poor to begin with. That was poor wording on my part. The point I wanted to make was just the method my family used in particular, which results in poor saving skills itself.

Hmm, things that make me happy...I like creating things, like characters and worlds. That's why I'm always working on stuff for my want-to-be-comic :D I like getting lost in the fantasy, and coming up with the little details that hopefully catch other people's interest one day.

And also I think food makes me happy XD Which is odd, because I don't actually eat much, and I'm really picky, but having a meal that I can actually enjoy (instead of ramen or rice over and over again @_@) can brighten up my spirits super fast. That's why the treat I tend to set up for myself is food, but I haven't been able to afford a dinner out for a while now I:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  10. cpvr

Reputations:
    I know exactly what you mean when you say "poor saving skills", I'm kind of the same way though. I haven't managed to save a lot of money, but when I was 17+ before, I got older, I could save money with ease. It just sucks how high the gas prices are these days as well.

Food makes me happy especially if its fish, chicken alfredo.
    I like Ramen noodies as well, have you ever tried those Chunky soups? They're pretty good, and the only contain like 400 calories since its a full meal.
    :thumbup1:

11. Encode

Reputations:
    For me, its pork or sushi >u< Mmh.

I think I've tried their chicken noodle soups, but didn't care for it much. I did find some pre-made beef stew that was pretty cheap that I enjoyed! I also don't mind some frozen dinners, like Hungry Man and stuff, even though everything tastes freezer-burnt XD However, at the moment ramen really is the only thing we can go off of because nobody here has been able to get a job after three months of trying @_@ Tough times!

12. cpvr

Reputations:
    Hungry man is actually pretty good, but its loaded with a lot of calories[almost 600?]. Do you gave any tuna? You could mix that with the ramen, and its pretty good. You could put ranch with it, and then go from there. I used to eat it all the time because it got me full.

13. Encode

Reputations:
    I'm not much concerned with calorie intake myself or anything like that :D I eat such small servings of most of my meals anyways it hardly matters XD

We don't have any tuna right now, but I just received my payment from a few commissions which gave me enough to go grocery shopping. So we have some not-ramen for a little while now (;

Anyways, I feel like I completely derailed this topic, so I apologize to the OP!

14. Drksoulgambler

Drksoulgambler Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    This is pretty deep question for me.

Am I happy with my life? Right now the answer is no because of many things happened in less than a year and it have been a very stressful for me. I was emotionally and mentally abused by my step-father for months while living in my family's home after my break up with my ex. I had to move back because I was too stressful and my ex was suffocating me (not literally) and never give me time and space at all. Anyway, I fed up with step-father's abuse and I lost my mind and exposed him of the abuse I have suffered for years and years to the police, and a week later they had a warrant to make arrest and search everywhere in the house for evidence and such. My mom was devastated over this and at first, she understood and want to support me on my side against him, but few weeks later on the court date, she turn against me and be on his side. I felt utterly betrayed and I cried like I never cried before. It was real upsetting. From that point on, it was real clear that she disowned me as a daughter.

I'm living with my grandparents, and they believed me and they are the only one who does. I'm thankful to have them in my life. I'm also thankful for having a boyfriend who is there for me and help me through the hardest time. I'm taking anti-depressant to help me dealing with both of my anxiety and depression. Not only I'm disowned by my own family, I'm losing my son to my ex because of his education is very important to me. He have to move with him to different state in midwest. At least I have visitation right as a mother to see him on holiday breaks and summer.

Just right now, I'm not happy with my life.

15. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    no
    im happy in that i have a relationship but

emotionally im unstable
    im nowhere near where i wanted to be at this age

im a disappointment even to myself

im not happy

16. que

que Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
  17. vanillaeclair

Reputations:
    Our grading system here is weird, but I get 1.00s, 1.25s and 1.50s.

I guess you can say I get As and Bs in every class.

18. cpvr

Reputations:
    Congratulations! That's amazing!:thumbup1:

19. vanillaeclair

Reputations:
    Tehehe, daww thanks ^///^

20. cpvr

Reputations:
    I understand exactly where you're coming from, I was in the same position about two years ago. My ex and I broke up, we were together for 4 years, and it brought me into major depression, and also caused my manic to come back. It really sucks that your mom decided to side with him though - its ridiculous, some parents are like that though. I'm glad you're living with your grandparents and are "sort" of happy again. My grandparents are the greatest as well.

What anti-depressant do they have you on - if you don't mind telling me?

I'm sure things will get better for you as time goes on - if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you!:thumbup1:

You're welcome - do you have any plans for summer?