Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Art Auction! Benefits my Humane Society

Discussion in 'Art Marketplace' started by Pepper-Head, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Pepper-Head

Pepper-Head You've cat to be kitten mew right meow. Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    [Hey all, I wanted to try something out... If this is successful, I'll try to do this more often and offer better things and more amounts of them :3 I was a bit braindead... but surely some site could use this?]

[​IMG]Humane Society Benefit Auction[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Loofa Dog, Squeaky Hydrant, TUFF Bone ((SET))
    Comes with original 150x150 psd file, and if the winning bid is/over $5, free descriptions.

NAME YOUR PRICE. Auction ends tomorrow at 9PM EST.
    All goes to the no-kill shelter I volunteer at.
    Current Highest Bid: Sam - $1
    [Story - Optional Reading]
    So, I wanted to do something more for the shelter that I volunteer at. Adoption fees have had to go up because they're tight on money, and donations coming in have been extremely slow. I collect ink cartridges and turn them in for cash, then spend all of that money on the shelter. So far I have donated $50, bought 18 blankets, and most recently 16 toys (one for each dog, since they had no more toys and the cats still had some), plus other donations like a bed and dish set. And I would like to do so much more. I've had this idea for a little while, and I wanted to do a lot more.. but I've had a bit of an artists block and I'm not sure if others would like this.

100% of the money will be donated to the shelter's paypal. It will benefit cats and dogs. If you want the shelter's website, and a screenshot of the completed transaction, I can provide that :)

Thank you so much <3
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    $0.50 bid on ALL.
    Pepper-Head likes this.
  3. Pepper-Head

Pepper-Head You've cat to be kitten mew right meow. Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Thank you, @Gabby!
    I should probably mention that they are all included in a set :U *fixes first post*
  4. cameo

cameo Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @Pepper-Head you are an awesome person with a good head on your shoulders :) This is a pleasantly good thing to do.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Pepper-Head likes this.
  5. Pepper-Head

Reputations:
    Thank you, @cameo :)
    I want to help those little buggers out anyway I can <3 They sure do bring a smile to my face every time I go there, and it's terrible that they have to be in a shelter in the first place. I want to get them into their forever home!

(The dog in my avatar, Max, came from there c: )
  6. cameo

Reputations:
    That is AWESOME. What I do, and what you might be able to work out, too, is to sell pictures "for" the shelter similarly to what you're doing, only what I do is sell "portraits" of an animal that is in the shelter currently. I do a 300dpi digitial painting and they typically do the marketing (though I put it on my facebook page and my dA) but selling Hero the husky posters made almost $2,000 for that puppy's surgery. The poster portrait thing (I email signed & numbered digital copies to each person who purchases one) works pretty well and leaves the printing challenge in the hands of the purchaser (just make sure you give htem a good format). I probably should have saved this for a PM but heck I hope every artist tires this at least once. You could do cartoony paintings of the dogs and cats OR realistic. Either way, if they are charming, they will sell and your shelter can get more $$. If you are on facebook, join groups for dog and cat lovers as well as local shelters, and show your work off there. That'll get you "in" (I'm just telling you what i did adn I hope it will work for you, too!)
    Pepper-Head and Micky like this.
  7. Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Reputations:
    That's a great idea. Mind if I borrow it in the future for this cat rescue I volunteer at? :3
  8. Pepper-Head

Reputations:
    @cameo
    Thank you!
    I've tried doing that before.. I printed them at Staples for like 30 cents (on glossy paper methinks) and tried to sell it. I had about 5 or 6 pictures to choose from. It didn't do too well, but I should probably try again with a larger audience than my school and now that I've got a years more digital art experience ahah. :'D
    @Dawnshadow
    Sure! ^^
  9. Jammybee

Jammybee Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    This is a lovely thing to be doing!

Hopefully it will make some $$ for them C:
    Pepper-Head likes this.
  10. Sam

Sam Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner Former VPL Staff VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I bid $1 on all!
    Pepper-Head likes this.
  11. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    That's a really nice thing to do! :D Good luck to you! ^^
    Pepper-Head likes this.
  12. Pepper-Head

Reputations:
    Thanks guys, and thanks @Sam! ^^
    That will at least give them a bit more because of paypal fees D;
  13. cameo

Reputations:
    @pepper head - *don't* print them out. That's up front cost for you. Instead, do a 300dpi file (8x10) becuase those can be blown up without loss of quality to a rather large poster size. That's what I did for the Hero fundraiser. I just emailed everyon etheir own (digitally signed) file to print wherever htey wanted ot print it at whatever size they wanted. Then you don't have to pay anything and you only sign the number you sell. I took orders online, advertised the cause online so there was no paper or money used.
  14. Pepper-Head

Reputations:
    @cameo
    That was my mom's idea -_-
    I guess I'll try that now since I'm actually in a virtual community and can sell stuff like that : ) Then it was just me and the 'real world' aha. So that was the only way to sell my product.
  15. cameo

Reputations:
    Aha! well that makes a big difference :) Facebook has *reallly* worked for getting me commission work. So, make yourself a professional artist facebook page and then become members of dog/cat related groups and just show off your art there once in a while. People will come to you. And you can post it on shelter pages, offering to do fundraisers for them, too.
    cpvr and Pepper-Head like this.
  16. Pepper-Head

Reputations:
    Apologies for taking so long to get back to this! Had limited Internet access while on vacation :x
    @Sam
    Thank you for your bid! I will PM you with information.
  17. Ilenora

Ilenora Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey... stuff Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I would love to bid, but unfortunately I have no use for them D: This is a great thing to do though, a really lovely idea! I hope it goes well!