1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

Atween's First Official Preview

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets News' started by santamynana, Jun 13, 2012.

1. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I decided to finally release this preview, There is going to be a lot of things in this preview. A lot of stuff is plain and simple right now because of well we are getting to grips with it all.
    @Earth and myself have been working very closely together lately to get the site to a point where it will be soon abvaliable for alpha testing.

First of all I would like to kick off by saying a big thank you to @Earth who without I would not be at this stage and I would not have my first domain, @Earth generously bought me my first domain which is Atween.net :).

I think I shall start with our Art then move on to our Features so

Items

I think I have shown you these before but it can't harm to show again. These items were bought from @Hails
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I understand that not all my styles are the same but right now I have been where I can afford and I'm sure I will down the line have it all in one style but for me I do like differant styles

[​IMG]
    This is an example of one of the coloured scrolls @bamboo123 made for me

Next Lizzy of Marapets (one of the artists, can't remember the name on here) Kindly donated these items to me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next @bamboo123 created me a staggering amount of high quality items within the theme lucky + winter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Human Avatar system

I understand that a lot of people are doing this feature but It's a feature I really like and I wanted to implement it.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pets
    Our first official pet is called the Benk
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This pet is still in the works (shhh) so we don't have a name for it and it was made by @Dzhelasi
    [​IMG]

Thats it for the art for now so lets move on to Features. We currently do not have anything original yet (it's all in the works) We are getting all the basics done first which are nearly all done before we start on the other things.

Homepage
    [​IMG]

We have not yet added the buttons to the bar or the description. The description will be added shortley and the buttons are in the process of been made. Where the Benk is the human avatars will be

Profiles
    [​IMG]

On the profiles page we will also be displaying the HA's there.

Mail system
    [​IMG]

Shop system

[​IMG][​IMG]

Forums
    [​IMG]

There is plenty more I can show you such as the inventory, adopt a pet, pound, bank, news, explore. Just ask if you want to see.

We should be coming up to alpha soon and we have most of our alpha testers already lined up but there is a few more I need to ask. The people to be invited to alpha test will be former staff, people I have commissioned from and close friends.

Once again I would like to thank @Earth for all her help with the site and I wish her all the luck with her site. I look forward to working with you more in the future.
    To everyone else I have had working for me or I have commissioned certain things of you, even if you were just there support. THANK YOU :)

Many thanks for reading this
    James

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Chocoshrooms

Chocoshrooms Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Nice work! : ) It's good that you have gotten this much done!

3. Lewis

Lewis Corepets owner Moderator VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
  4. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Thank you so much

@Lewis I do have a plot line in the works to kick the site off but I don't want to tie the site down to anything in particular, I want it to be an open site with very little battling

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  5. Earth

Earth Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Yay Previews :D xx

6. santamynana

Reputations:
    All thanks to you, when we get the basics all finished there is some ideas I need to run past you to see if you can programme them.

7. ThomasMosey

ThomasMosey Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Your Items seem to be all different types of Styles, does this serve as some purpose or is it easier to do? :p

8. santamynana

Reputations:
    They will serve some sort of purpose, unknown as of yet but eventually all things will match one style.

9. Martyn

Martyn Director of Seripets Approved Writer Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @santamynana
    Why does the first pet you've shown remind me of the Squal pet from Lurapets?

10. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Nice to see this. Good job James and @Earth

If you have the image, then show us, and see if they're similar.

11. santamynana

Reputations:
    I wouldn't know, I don't know anything about lurapets. The person I commissioned it of (can't remember name) I asked for a squirrel like pet

@cpvr, Thank you so much

Gabby likes this.
  12. Haseshi

Haseshi Ilah Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @Martyn
    Isn't it expected that pets be somehow similar? Unless you are going for something OHMYGOD so unique like a cat with tentacles and the face of horse. Pet's with fluffy tails like that are everywhere.

Like, if I wanted I could pretty much say that your fox in the signature reminds me Subeta Kumos, same pose, similar color, but that does not mean it was copied neither stolen. We live in a restricted universe, and unless you want to draw a pet with the butt up and with the tongue out doing a grin face, we will pretty much have similar pets and poses.

Corzeir likes this.
  13. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    You're welcome man. Keep chasing your dream, you can do it!
    :style

Gabby likes this.
  14. Kiara

Kiara Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Okay, I hope I can give you some criticism here without coming off as completely rude.

The ideas and site in general look good so far (maybe not really unique, but like it's coming along niceley!).

But then... the art. If I saw that art I would never join the site.

The HA's anatomy isn't very great. The style it's in can't even cover that up.

But the worst thing, I think, is the pet you showed. I would never join a site with that pet art. It's very messy looking, the lines aren't very strong and the shading/highlights are barely visible. The mouth is especially bad. It looks like a little kid's representation of an animal's mouth with the :3 face. The fact that the tail is in front of most of the body is a real turn-off too. An attractive pet image, in my opinion, shows off as much of the body as it can.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I would suggest working on making the quality a little better.

Gabby likes this.
  15. santamynana

Reputations:

Thank you for that criticism I will deffinatly take that on board.. The person who created it was wanting some volunteer work to try and boost the portfolio etc. I didn't think it was that particularly bad but I am planning to get things redrawn into one style :)

Regarding that HA I bought it in a moment because I wanted a HA. Right now it's about what I can afford to get the site up then when I have an actual income I will start getting everything into one style.

Thank you for your criticism again, it helps otherwise I would just have a complete lot of people saying how lovely the site is but not giving any indication how to improve it so thank you :)

16. Martyn

Martyn Director of Seripets Approved Writer Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I wasn't meaning it as in.. an arrogant fashion.
    I'm fine with them being similar, it just kind of was like.. hm, that does look similar. xD

Sorry if it came across in that fashion.

17. myrianna

myrianna Approved Artist Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    nice start :) do you have an opening date in mind?

18. Haseshi

Haseshi Ilah Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @Martyn

It's okay, sorry if my answer was rude or something ^^;

19. DinoPrincess

DinoPrincess Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    wow great work :) I really like the art of food items and pets. And the deer ginger bread is so cute :)

20. Woobaa

Woobaa Supporter VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    very nice. And its smart not to wait and keep pushing forward with any art you can use. That way you can do your mock ups and find out what works and what doesn't. There are plenty of free clip art sites online to keep you busy :)
    Good luck
    Woobaa