Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Best ways to wake you up in the morning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 23, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    So, everyone here probably has different ways to wake themselves up. I read how eating an Apple in the morning can wake up compared to a cup of Coffee. I also read that Tea is a great way to wake up especially if its a lot of caffeine in it. Specifically black tea, but all tea is good in my opinion.

So, what are some of your best methods of waking up? Do you just drink coffee? Do you take a shower right when you get up to help you awake? Or, what do you do? Discuss your ways of waking up here.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    On school mornings, I always, always have a cup of tea. It's really good to wake you up, and especially for my voice. :p
  3. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Best way to wake me up...Lemme get up on my own lols. People have a tendency to try to wake me up by jumping on me or stuff like that.

Yeah...pull it with me and you'll be in a headlock while I start choking you in my half awake rage, pleading for me to let go and that you'll let me sleep longer.
  4. cpvr

Reputations:
    I hate when people call my phone early in the morning and wake me up. It's so hard to roll back over and sleep again. When someone wakes me up earlier, I go off like a tick-tock bomb because I love getting some rest.
  5. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I swear people seriously text me at 1 am just to wake me up =/. Normally, I'm in bed by 10 or 11 and then EVERYONE starts to text me at 1 am. I've yelled at a few people before cause they woke me up lols.
  6. cpvr

Reputations:
    Ya, my messages alert isn't so loud so it doesn't wake me up. My only ringer that's loud is for calls. Alerts don't wake me up because its a low-pitched sound. If I'm awake though, I hear the alerts. I have facebook/twitter alerts going to my phone, so I sometimes receive those at the middle of night. If I'm in a light-sleep, I'll hear it, but other than that, nope.
  7. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner Banned

Reputations:
    I can't wake up very well, if I set an alarm it just makes me sleep even longer so if I just leave it I wake up during the 10am hour.
  8. cpvr

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried to eat an apple once they wake up to see if it helps to wake you up? I read something the other day that eating an apple can wake you up just like coffee does.
  9. Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Reputations:
    The best way is exposure to sunlight. However, if there is a loud noise that'll wake me up pretty well. Noises out of place I also pick up on (is a very light sleeper). Even the presense or movement of something will wake me up (my can can stare at me and I'll wake up, true storry). I also recentally found out that nothing wakes you up faster than two kittens who think your bed is a jungle-gym in the middle of the night.
  10. cpvr

Reputations:
    My room is dark as heck so it blocks out the sun. It's so helpful on the weekends when my girlfriend and I are trying to sleep in. Which usually doesn't happen because I always get up early. -_-

Yup, I'm in the same boat as you. Sometimes I wake up when my girl gets up for work and I hear her get up - also the alarm, and the light on. But, if I do get up, I tend to fall back asleep for a couple more hours. I hate when I hear the alarm though because I'm usually in a deep sleep when that happens.

As anyone ever had cold water dumped on them by their parents, cousins or any other family members to wake up?:confused: