Welcome to Virtual Pet List - the fastest growing online games forum on the internet

Would you like to become a member of the largest and most successful virtual pets & sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and since then, we've been providing developers, artists, players and writers with the most relevant, up to date, quality and in depth content covering the entire online games community. So, if you just like virtual pet sites, we have you covered. But, if you prefer sim games, well we're here for you as well. However, if you're a new game developer and you're looking to show off your game to all of our members, then we'd love to hear all about your game in our sneak peeks forum. Just because our name is Virtual pet list doesn't mean pet games is the only thing we talk about. Our community talks about technology, making money, making art, writing and a lot more. So, please don't be afraid to say hello to everyone here because you never know what type of friends you'll make on our community. We strive to be friendly and offer positive discussions. We're very passionate, caring and hard working members of these niche, so if you hear about a new pet game from your friend, then it's highly likely that your friend found that game on our forum. If you want to learn anything about developing your own online game, then just go through our guides forum. You'll notice that whatever you're seeking on other developer's communities has more than likely already been talked about, researched and has already been put into good use by highly skilled developers.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headAn upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head sim game where you can breed your very own cats Kaylune, a virtual pet site Grophland.com : Breed virtual pets, Play, Explore
    VigLink badge
    Novilar

Comment, rate or review Virtual Pet Sites, Sim Games or Role Playing games.
    Help vpl reach 10k users by Promoting us or purchase advertising
    : Development Guides - The Admin Effect - Browser games

Donations are now being accepted again!!!
    What would you like us to improve?

Black Widow Spider Warning.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zei, May 30, 2012.

1. After finding out that most of us are disliking spiders around here, I also figured I should warn most of you of something. I work in the produce department of a local grocery store and we've recently been handed warnings and liability notices about Black Widow spiders. They have been showing up on grapes, in grape boxes, and around grape shipments. So this is a warning and a red flag to not only myself, but to consumers. Be careful when buying any form of grape, be sure to inspect the grapes before purchase and before consumption.

Although the produce workers should be checking the grapes, as well as any other product for signs of bugs or debris sometimes we miss things. (Hey we're human.) So I'm just letting many of you know about the grape warning. It is also very possible to find large spiders hidden within banana bunches, most of those I have found are dead.

tl;dr - Black Widow Spiders in grapes, be careful.

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. *crosses grapes off my list of things to buy*

Lol but seriously, this is good to know. That's crazy. I wonder why it's happening so commonly.

3. Holy...

I assume you mean in with the grapes, and not actually inside of the grapes?
    (Yes, there have been stories of baby spiders inside of apples and other fruits, so I'm making sure).

Anyways, thanks for the warning. That's crazy!​

4. @JoyJoy

Yes, within the grape bunch.

@KiaraKiara

I know of one attack so far to a produce associate, apparently no other attacks have happened / been reported. The associate was not harmed, maybe terrified, but she did live. We've just been told to keep and eye out.

A good thing to keep in mind is if you encounter a Black Widow douse it with vinegar and it will die.

#4 Zei, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  5. Whelp.

Gonna have to warn the mother against going to get grapes.

6. I guess it's good I'm allergic to grapes then. =P

7. If there was a like button, I'd have used it. xD

8. fidnginuierbBJFNERJGNDSuenw

Yeah no thanks to any grapes plz.

Brb, I'm spreading the word now.​

9. @ZeiZei - does that vinegar thing go for all spiders? If so I might just have to get some vinegar.

#9 Kiara, May 30, 2012
  10. @KiaraKiara

Not sure, it was part of our "learn something" packet about Black Widows. x3 Might.

#10 Zei, May 30, 2012
  11. Black widows actually live where I live. They are quite shy and you'd REALLY have to provoke one to be in danger of being bitten (step on it, get it caught in your clothing, etc). They tend to stick to out of the way places so it's pretty rare to encounter one. If you just use a normal amount of caution, you should be fine. We had a few living in out-of-the-way nooks in our house and we just let them alone and they let us alone. It's rare for a bite to be fatal, btw, though the symptoms can be pretty unpleasant.

12. I'm glad you know a lot about them. It's rare to find them around my parts, but nonetheless, I hate spiders so it only scares me more. xD

13. ^^ this made me lol :D On another note, thanks for the info!

14. One problem with this advice...if there's a black widow in your grape bunch, you're getting pretty up-close-and-personal with it...it's probably going to be aggressive if it doesn't feel it has somewhere else to zip off to.

Very informative, though. :)

15. Well yes, that's why I said use a normal amount of caution xD Cause I mean, they actually LIVE where I live, so there is a chance to find them in things like clothes or blankets that have been lying around unused for a long time, etc. Usually though, I just find earwigs instead, ha ha.

16. They live out here as well. I've only seen a few of them in all my years in Texas. I usually step on them and kill them like that. Or, I get a napkin, and kill it, then flush it.

@ZeiZei Thanks for this warning and alerting everyone, we really appreciate it.

#16 cpvr, May 31, 2012
  17. I've seen several in North Carolina x'D
    One of them was on the pool (if you weren't careful and looking, you would have grabbed it's web while trying to get in), I see a few around houses, and just last night, one tried to attack my Uncle x_x

He wasn't doing anything to provoke it, he said he was trying to plug the golf cart in to charge and it came from a hole in the wood about 4 or 5 feet away and tried to get him. x_x He tried to spray it with bug spray (my mom had just handed it to him because she came home from walmart x'D) but it ran away.

No thanks to spiders! I'll keep vinegar handy if I have to go in that shed!

18. ....

NOPENOPENOPENOPE

guess I'll just quench my thirst for grape with those juice boxes instead

19. Im like terrified! No grapes for me! Ill just buy grape juice and call it a day lol. Thanks for the heads up... Love dont do spiders haha.

20. Aragog is building his army!

Er, I hate spiders and I'll spread the word.

=shivers=