1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

Can teenagers understand true love?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, May 12, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    I'm over here watching Maury, and this question came up and it caught my attention "Can teenagers understand true love?" What do you guys think about this question?

Is it true? Or do we feel love when it happens - regardless of our ages? Like, also, sometimes we feel that something is true love - especially being a teenager, then to find out it wasn't really...

But, what's your take on this issue?

2. jibbles

jibbles New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Yes they can, but much more often they will simply mistake other feelings (eg a crush, or simply lust) for true love.

Panda! likes this.
  3. Tantra

Tantra New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think when I was a teenager and would have a new boyfriend, I think confused the feeling of feeling happy with being in love. Love takes time to develop and grow, and I don't think it can be found in a short term relationship that a teen may have. Unless they have known each other for years and gone out for years and formed a bond and trust.

4. kami

kami Moderator Moderator VPL Member

Reputations:
    Can adults understand true love?
    Can anyone?

I wouldn't limit this to just teenagers.

Panda! likes this.
  5. cpvr

Reputations:
    It was a question that Maury brought up - his show was about teenagers today. Girls, who were getting in trouble, and then they were set straight.

6. kami

kami Moderator Moderator VPL Member

Reputations:
    What was on the show is irrelevant. I'm referring to the question asked.

7. Andie

Andie New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't believe in true love, I believe in compatibility and lust. (I'm not telling other people they can't believe in love, I've just seen so called 'true love' or 'romantic love' go so far south that I have no doubts in my mind that it simply doesn't exist)

8. Zoe Kaw

Zoe Kaw New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Well, the "true" part in true love means "not cheating," so I don't see why not.

9. Discordia

Discordia New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think they can.
    Just as much as anyone else.
    Teenagers can confuse true love with a short crush, but adults can do so as well.

10. cpvr

Reputations:
    Well, when I was a teenager, and with someone. I know I got caught up fooling and flirting. Guys will be guys, and I really don't see young guys being in love - especially as a teenager. Why? There's too many ladies out there, school to worry about, and parties sometimes. Girls like to flirt as well - and if they like you, they'll chase you, even if you're with someone.

Good point. But if you're in love, of course there's compatibility. Lust comes before love - so don't you think that's sort of related? Lust = having feelings but not knowing that you're in love yet, at least, that's how I see it.

11. Discordia

Discordia New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    It varies. It also depends on the person.

12. Andie

Andie New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    There is not always compatibility if you are 'in love'. That's why we have divorce. :p A lot of divorce.
    Lust = Sexual desire. It's a meaningless, animal urge, which is why people tend to 'lust' after celebrities. It's superficial.
    People feel the thrill of a new relationship, and they want it to be that fairy tale so they say I'm in love. Then when things get rocky if they aren't compatible they get a divorce, and if they are the work through it.
    Honestly I kind of think people are just kidding themselves with true love and romantic love because the books and movies make it look so amazing. But in my opinion it's just as realistic as Harry Potter flying off on a broom.
    ;) I try not to crush other people's bubble, if they truly believe they are in love I don't tell them they aren't. I just don't believe in it. I have also met people who have told me they have the power to make it rain, just because I don't believe it is no reason to try and force them not to. It makes people happy to believe it.

But think about it, I have seen many relationships where people assume it's 'true love' and they ride off on their stallion, only to find out later they hate each other. Then they both declare the other person has 'changed' obviously, because first of all it's not possible they are the one that changed, and second, it's not possible that they just didn't know the things they didn't like about each other because they were too busy considering themselves 'in love' to pay any attention. They purposely ignore things because they want it so bad.

I do believe in family love. The attachment and feeling that comes with knowing somebody for a very long time, finding out their faults, and even if you don't always like them, still being attached to them, and wanting the best for them. Not because of some magical connection though, because you have been through a lot together and made it through. I believe couples who last a very long time gain this kind of love, but it's not some magical- eyes met, invisible fireworks, angels singing stuff. It's a tried, and true, tested and retested, facing obstacles and overcoming them together by working hard, family love.

13. wheeler13

wheeler13 New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'd say generally no, because we are extremely naive. (I was one of the more level-headed ones). My boyfriend and I have been going out for 2 and a half years (since junior year of high school), and it wasn't till after a year and a half of going out that we said we loved each other. It's definitely a deeper feeling than bliss and lust. Then again, love is very subjective. But I doubt most teenagers really know what the fuck they're talking about.

14. Gabby

Gabby Active Member VPL Member Former VPL Staff

Reputations:
    It depends on the people.

I understood love as I grew older (along with my mother's guidance, which was very helpful), but when I began dating, I honestly didn't have the slightest clue.

I believe love comes after maturity and responsibility. If you aren't either, you can't be committed in a 'love' relationship.

15. Panda!

Panda! Member VPL Member Approved VPL Artist

Reputations:
    Yep, depends on the people.
    You can't say teenagers in general do or do not, because to me, it's about the maturity. If you're mature and are lucky enough to have someone who's also mature, then chances are you two can stick together long enough to discover true love.

Then again, the definition of "true love" varies.

16. Gabby

Gabby Active Member VPL Member Former VPL Staff

Reputations:
    Yea, exactly, I've been in relationships where the people were fighting all the time, but that brought them together...

Do you think when you began dating you understood what love was?

17. cpvr

Reputations:
    I've noticed a lot of teen couples love to break up and then make up a few hours or days later. I see this happen all the time on my facebook timeline. Sometimes, I see some girls complain about their boyfriends on Twitter as well. I don't know what it is, but it really does depend on the person and how mature they're both are. Because, some seem to rush their relationship because they want to show off to their friends. I've also noticed that some teenage relationships don't really last long. That's why you see some single parents around.