Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Wanting to the biggest Virtual Pet forum on then net? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Guest,

When you buy something off VPL be sure to leave a transaction review about you as a buyer or seller about the other person. You can do this here! This will help all future transaction as many people look at past experiences! So if you want to be ahead of the game, leave a review! Its fast, free and can help in many ways!

The VPL Staff

2. join a spooky virtual pet game!An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head If you're a fan of cats and breeding them, then this sim game is designed just for you Kaylune is open on Sept. 4th
    Check out Icepets!

Find New Virtual Pet Sites, Sim Games or Role Playing games to Play.
    Other Websites that we own: VirtualPetsBlog - The Admin Effect

Can't find a programmer here? Try Freelancer.com

Discussion in 'Programming Marketplace' started by cpvr, Apr 21, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder
    Administrator VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    Well, since VPL is still growing - a lot of coders aren't here yet - or those that are good enough for you to hire - so if you post "Looking for a programmer", I'd recommend that you also try Freelancer.com - so that you can find someone willing to work in your budget range, and possibly some new coders - but if you request for a coder from there - and you're not sure if they're good enough - then ask for a code check or something on our programming general.

Remember folks - coders help you out with your pet game, but they do cost money - Freelancer.com is a place that specializes in freelance work - and I've seen it recommended by a few people - so I thought I'd make a thread about it.

Good luck finding coders - and if you've used Freelancer.com, then post your experiences with that site here.

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.
  2. nobackseat

nobackseat Senior Programmer
    Senior Programmer VPL Member

Keep in mind there can be a fee or percentage that goes towards the site itself... they have to make money too.

NBS

3. Myztacia

Myztacia Web Dev
    Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    My personal experiences with freelancer.com and guru.com have been horrible. A lot of bids from scammers, a lot of miscommunication with people who can't speak English (they claim to be in the U.S., but are actually outsourced), and a lot of failed timelines.

Gabby likes this.
  4. aasterbeatrix

aasterbeatrix Banned
    Banned

Freelancing is getting popularity day by day,,as i am also involved in it and enjoying sometimes

5. Gabby

Gabby Supporter
    Retired VPL Staff Intermediate Programmer

Freelancer is awful. Honestly try DeviantART forums if you can't find anything here