Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.
  2. Have you read and commented on any of our Interviews or Reviews yet?
    Yes, it's true Teripets will not come back online
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets
    Virtual Pet Directory
    join mycena cave!

Cold Water speeds up your Metabolism and other tips

Discussion in 'Health' started by cpvr, Jul 24, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

This is great news for those that drink water on a daily basis, and I thought I'd pass it on for those that aren't aware.

Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/58056-speed-up-metabolism-cold-water/
    Source: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-artic...ps-to-quickly-increase-your-metabolism.html#b

What does everyone think about these tips? Do you drink a lot of cold water?
    @Neon @Avalanche @Michi @Gabby @TheTeen @Ajax
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Banned Pet Game Owner Banned

I was told that drinking cold water was bad for you and that you should drink water (and other liquids) at room temp.

Confused now....
  3. cpvr

Where did you hear that from? Any reputable sites online or anything? Link us and copy the context here, while linking to them.
  4. SpunkiSpirou

It was a sports tutor in college that told me, I can't remember the reason why its bad but I know since being told all my drinks are room temp.

Like right now I have two bottles of Fanta; Zero and Fruit Twist, sat on the floor in my living room, I never have them in the fridge.

And when I have milk, I take that out the fridge and leave it in the container for approx 30min before drinking - and then it'll be outside the fridge for about 2 hours because I'm drinking it until it goes back in again.

Edit: Boom! 800 posts :)
    cpvr likes this.
  5. cpvr

Same here, but I like my drinks cold. I'm one of the only adults in the house that use up all the ice. I love having a cold drink, it tastes better than drinking a warm drink.
  6. Myztacia

Myztacia Web Dev Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I know I've heard the same thing previously in the past as @SpunkiSpirou. I just googled it real quick and it looks like it doesn't really matter either way, though.

Personally, I drink most everything at room temperature. :)
  7. SpunkiSpirou

Maybe when its a boiling hot Summer day (like up to around 25 degrees) and I've been outside and I'm hot, then I'd have a cold drink. Or I used to, these days I just eat ice cream if I'm hot.
    cpvr likes this.
  8. Haseshi

Haseshi Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

News?
    This is not news, this is old.

Old but gold.
  9. cpvr

It's still useful because its from two different health sources. It hasn't been posted before, so I posted about it. Do you drink cold water or warm?
  10. Haseshi

Haseshi Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Cold water all the way, hot water is meh
  11. Organic

Organic VPL Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

cpvr likes this.
  12. cpvr

That was expected, I read about the lemon water earlier but I forgot the link. When eating, you could drink something warm so it helps with the digestion. And plus, drinking water before a meal can make you feel more full. It's the same as eating extra fiber as well.
  13. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

I drink water rarely. you know about my coke passion. But I way about 9 stone? and I'm not big either. my metabolic rate is very fast. :p
  14. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? Moderator Approved Artist

I love cold water as well, normally I drink half or our whole 4 liter jug a day lol
  15. soulmirror

soulmirror Member VPL Member

It takes exactly one Nutrition Calorie to heat 1l(1kg) of water by 1 degree Celsius. Your body is 37.5 degrees and cold water is about 10. So to heat the 2 litres of water per day from 10 to 37.5 we get
    37.5-10=27.5 (number of degrees to raise the temperature of 1litre) * 2(2litres) = 55 calories

If you hear that it takes 55,000 then that's technically correct too, because Nutrition calories are actually 1000 times what is sometimes called a calorie by scientists. (The amount of energy that heats 1g of water 1 degree)

The hot water vs cold thing is from some Asian cultures. Chinese medicine says to drink hot water instead of cold http://www.phdpedia.com/?p=223
    If you go to restaurants in China it's pretty weird to have super spicy food served with hot water to drink, but sometimes they don't even have cold. People do drink cold water too, but they usually buy it outside on hot days.

This is what I go by:
    Drink whatever temperature of water you like and it will all even out, just make sure to get enough water. You don't even need 8 glasses a day if you eat a lot of water in food, but you should not get your water from coffee, tea, pop, or alcohol because those are diuretics, which makes your body release water. You should also drink more water if you eat a lot of sodium.
  16. Micky

Micky midterm madness Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

I drink water at room temperature mostly all the time, but whenever I eat something oily / greasy I drink warmer water... apparently it helps with your digestion. :) It never gets too warm where I live, so I don't have to keep drinking cold water. ~

I only drink hot water if I'm sick, but even then I don't like it.
  17. Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

I am so picky with what I eat/drink that I'll refuse to drink water that isn't ice-cold (slightly cold is sometimes passable). I'm so weird. XP (at school I'll get these water bottles but if it isn't cold enough I won't drink it) Also, one of my all-time favorite snacks are ice cubes, so yeah, I like stuff to be cold.

This one time I bought these ice blocks and set one of them in one of those large class bowls. I poured hot water into it to start the melting. It took me a whole day but I was able to drink one of the large blocks. :3 (I think it was 5 lbs, so it was pretty big)
  18. cpvr

I hate when there's no ice in the house. -_-
  19. Gvantsa

Gvantsa New Member VPL Member

I usually don't like cold drinks. I prefer room-temp/cool. I can't enjoy water when it's really cold. Interesting tid-bit of news though. :)
  20. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

Yeah, I do drink a lot of cold water. It helps me a lot. :)

The weight training bullet scares me.. x_X I have a fear of weights.. I never used to have that but now I do. I constantly think they are going to crush me </3