Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Would you like to become a member of the largest and most successful virtual pets & sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and we're getting very close to having over 9,000 members .who are fans of pet games and sims just like you are. So if playing a pet site or a sim game interests you, then we'd love to have you become a member of our flourishing online community.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headAn upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head sim game where you can breed your very own cats Kaylune, a virtual pet site Grophland.com : Breed virtual pets, Play, Explore
    VigLink badge
    Novilar

Find New Virtual Pet Sites, Sim Games or Role Playing games to Play.
    Please help us expand by Promoting us - advertise on vpl
    Other Websites that we own: Virtual Pets Blog - The Admin Effect

Commenting on news: do you allow this

Discussion in 'Virtual Pet Information' started by cpvr, Jul 25, 2012.

1. I've noticed that a few pet sites allow users to comment on news that is posted on the site - or a "like" or "dislike" button, so I'm curious - do you allow your users to comment on the news? If not, why don't you allow them to comment?

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. I think we will be allowing it :)

3. I'm 100% for it, it's what makes the community spirit on pet sites.
    You need communication between members and staff, so that you can produce the best site. :)

4. I just have a thumbs up button, people can yap all they want on the forums about it.

5. I was just going to post something about that. Do you have a thumbs down button as well?

6. I don't, because I feel that the thumbs down button would be heavily abused, which is why I think facebook won't allow it. People can gauge the interest on the lack of thumbs up and helpful comments.

7. Ya, it is kinda. Youtube has one if someone/group of people don't like a certain artist, they hit the dislike button.

8. BooPets allows commenting, a thumbs up button and a thumbs down button. so far, touch wood, the thumbs down button hasn't been abused.

Regards, Paul.

9. We allow comments. However, I think owners need to keep in mind that comments aren't the entire picture when it comes to gauging if something is successful or well liked.

For example, we recently posted news for our "turn-in month" on khimeros, where users can turn in unwanted extra items from monthly treasure (cash shop) packs for a chance to get new items. There were a lot of complaints about some of the available items like the coloured filters - you'd have thought, by reading the news comments, that everyone hated the event and it would be a flop.

The reality though, is that we BLASTED through the entire previous *year's* number of turned-in items (5000-ish), with 7500 items being traded in in the first 12 hours after opening the event. Obviously, it's been a HUGE success with many more items turned in since then, and some of the items that users were complaining about in the news have been big hits, with people scrambling to get their hands on them practically offering their right arms and legs in trade.

We always read what people say, but we make decisions more by what people DO. Because people are much more likely to speak up if they don't like something than if they do like it, and there are always a few people who complain no matter what you do. And, the vast majority of people just never speak up at all. So it's much more useful to see what users DO instead of just what they SAY, to see whether they like/are making use of a feature or not.

• Like Like x 1