1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Commissions - Will update often.

Discussion in 'Completed Transactions' started by Toad, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:

I am willing to allot 5 slots in GENERAL. Yes, my service will only accommodate 5 slots for all.

Rules, Prices and the nitty gritty details:
    1.) You are allowed to resell my art, I couldn't care less what you do after you purchase them. It's yours anyway. Though, if you do re-sell, please inform the new owner of the piece of my rules.
    2.) I am allowed show rights for the piece.
    3.) You are free to do any edits you want done from me or from another person. Prices are below.
    4.) If all 5 slots are filled, please wait until I clear them all. I will only do a batch thing, so if it takes me 3 weeks to finish the entire 5, then you have to wait that long for an opening.
    5.) Each slot is ellidgible for the following:
    • 1-5 Items ($2 each for 1-3 pieces ordered, $1.5 each for 4-5 pieces ordered)
    • 1-2 Pets ($10 each)
    • 1 non-human NPC ($10 - $20 each, depending on size needed)
    • Maps ($20 for Scene maps, $25 for World maps)
    6.) Recolors are as follows:
    Note: Different poses are considered line-edits. I will also accept art editing of pieces that are not mine, but only with the consent of the original artist. I will refuse to do it if it is not part of your agreement. This will also fill in one slot and I will allow up to 5 different item edits, 2 different pet edits (line-edit, though not different poses), 1 NPC (no poses) and 1 map (only to change time). Same prices below will apply.
    • Items are allowed Recolors for free, up to any number of colors. Line-edits are $0.50 per piece needed editing (example: you order 1 item from me with 4 edits, 1 item [$2] + 4 different edits [0.5*4] = $4). Element difference are $0.50 per element. Different poses are considered line-edits. Up to 5 edits per item.
    • Pets are allowed Recolors for free for until 6 other colors, anything after that is $0.50 each. No line-edits, no element difference.
    • NPC will have no recolors, line-edits, element difference. Order another slot if you want (different poses or a new character) and you will be eligible of recolors. No exceptions for element difference.
    • Maps will have a $5 recolor to something different than I will originally show you. Night/Day/Time maps will be an added $2.5 each image. You are allowed up to 4 different times per slot.
    • Colored-lines are free for all. There is a difference with line-less and colored lines. If you want line-less art, please send me a PM before you order a slot so I can make an example for you.
    7.) Please take note of the status on the top. If it is listed as OPEN, I am accepting commissions of that kind; otherwise, I am not accepting any offers for those.
    8.) Send me a detailed information about the piece/s you want done.
    9.) You will receive .PNG of the pieces in required size (indicate if transparent or white or different file format and required end size). Pay only AFTER you have received the images of your art. I will send .PSD and .SAI after I receive payment. Money is important, but I want to make sure you get what you pay for.
    10.) PAYPAL ONLY.

Add-ons:
    Ok, so I decided since it wasn't really an out of the way thing for me, I'd add special add-ons to your orders. These will be FREE on conditions as mentioned, but if conditions are not met, they will have a price (though not expensive!).
    • Video - Free for ONE of the items/pets if ordered full slot package (5 items, 2 pets). Price if not full slot package: $2.00
    • Video Tutorial - Free for ONE of the items/pets if ordered full slot package for 2 slots (10 items, 4 pets). Price if not full slot package for 2 slots: $7.50
    • Style Tutorial - Free for ONE of the items/pets if ordered full slot package (5 items, 2 pets). Price if not full slot package: $5.00

Video is simply a video of me drawing the piece, tutorial will have a voice over of me (I have a condenser mic, I speak very fluent English; it will only be available in English). Style tutorial will be an image with text on it describing how the style is made.

The Video Tutorial will take significant editing since there will be fast forwards, slow motions and the voice overs will have to be scripted so it would be informative but concise enough. I can manage, don't worry.

I can do two different styles:
    Note: Please indicate if you want strong highlights or highlights at all. If you want me to apply to your style, please send me a copy of your style. If you are okay with me asking for a /RESIZED/ PSD (re-sized to the final size if you don't feel safe with me) so I can learn the style better, please do send them my way as well. If not, it's okay if you show me at least 3 different items.

Soft Shading (which is my most comfortable style for items)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cell-Shading
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More examples here:
    http://hobbledehoy.deviantart.com/gallery/24936637

All pieces shown are copyright the owners of the pieces. I am only allowed show-rights.

Slots
    1. Earth - In Progress
    2. Earth - On Hold
    3. l-Blair-l - On Hold
    4. OPEN
    5. OPEN

I would like it if you PMed me the orders and only post if there are questions since it's easier for me to keep track, but if you don't want to PM me, just tag me. C:

Thanks for the interest! Have a wonderful rest of the day~

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    good luck! :D Your arts are damn awesome <3

3. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Thank you! I'm glad you like my art. C:

4. Toxic Rainbow Kisses

Toxic Rainbow Kisses Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Good luck getting some work hun :)

@DreaDrea Since I know your looking for artists

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  5. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Thank you very much! C: <3

6. Ruizu

Ruizu Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist

Reputations:
    ​Arrrgh!! I love your soft shading, do you use paint tool sai for these? If so what are your techniques? :D

7. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Thank you!

I generally use Marker, Pen and Water tools for my soft shading. o u o Marker for lines, Pen for cell-shading base and water for the blending/softening. I erase some bits that need to be erased so it gives it better texture, but that's all there is to it~

Here's a video:
    [video=youtube;yC3ka6nbn6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC3ka6nbn6c&context=C49a013fADvjVQa1PpcFNj1iHHUQg14QumoYKe1620 HMizdzvNltE=[/video]

8. Ruizu

Ruizu Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist

Reputations:
    @ToadToad wow very nice love it :D I'm just experimenting with both water and blur tools atm :)

9. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Just keep on playing with them~ XD It's a pretty fun technique. o u o <3

10. Drea

Drea Approved Writer Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
  11. Kiku

Kiku Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Oh, goodness, your items are gorgeous! I'm tempted to order a few myself - I'll definitely be back once I decide what I'd like. Lovely work overall, @ToadToad!

12. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    @DreaDrea and @KikuKiku
    Thanks for the consideration! :D I hope to work with you guys soon. o u o

13. ravinessa27

ravinessa27 Growing Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    @ToadToad ✶ ✶ Enigma ;; This power enables the wolf to cast illusions over their physical surroundings. They may alter the colors, shapes, and entire mood around them; for example changing day to night, spring to winter, cold weather to warm, ect. These illusions come with whatever sounds, smells, details the weaver wishes. These illusions are however, not real; and such surroundings cannot physically effect or inflict harm on a wolf; and are used mostly to frighten, intimidate, or simply amaze.

User Image

✶ ✶ Blood Scourge ;; After obtaining this power the caster's blood becomes thicker and almost syrup like, making it harder for them to bleed. The caster will be able to control the consistency of their blood and use it as an offensive type weapon such as, for example, using it as a lance or whip only when they have an open wound on their body. Once the blood leaves the body it cannot be retracted back to the blood stream. In order to use the power the caster has to have ample blood amounts or they'll die from blood loss. Those with stronger abilities in blood scourge will be able to replenish their blood at a faster rate, making this power easier for them to use.

User Image

✶ ✶ Osculum Lunae ;; A rare, but beautiful magic, far stronger in Lux wolves. This is a guardianship power, allowing the wielder to encase a loved one in a thin, but powerful shield, protecting it from all magic that may aim to harm them. A wolf with this ability may also send this guardian power to its loved one from a great distance, enveloping them in times of need. The magic glows a soft, moon-lit hue. This power cannot be used on oneself, however, and cannot last forever. It is most effective on loved ones and family members, especially that between mother and child.

User Image

✶ ✶ Imprint ;; Like the Layric that wonders the lands of Victus, this ability allows a wolf to leave behind a message from their paw. It leaves a glowing track and for those that wonder past, they can touch it and see a memory, hear the voice, or feel whatever the wolf chose to leave behind. If two wolves both have this power, and are magically strong enough for such a connection, they are able to communicate to one another through the mind, share what they see, hear and smell as well.
    Healing
    The ability to heal their own wounds, or anothers. The power is very draining, and takes a lot of time to develop.

User Image

✶ ✶ Energy ;; The ability manipulate energy, such as electricity, negative or positive feelings, ect.

User Image

✶ ✶ Scry ;; The use of water to see the past, future, or things happening in the present.

User Image

✶ ✶ Venom ;; Wolves have the ability to produce venom like a serpent, and may have a tongue like one.

User Image

✶ ✶ 360 ;; The wolf is able to see 360 degrees around them.

User Image

✶ ✶ Weather Control ;; The ability to manipulate the weather. Create storms, tornadoes, hail, etc.

User Image

✶ ✶ Time Control ;; The ability to slow down or speed up time.

User Image

✶ ✶ Sororis ;; The ability to create exact replicas of oneself, doppelgangers so to speak. These replicas look, smell and sound exactly as the original does, however they are unable to produce magic or inflict harm, and are solely for the purpose of confusion. The amount a wolf is able to produce depends on the strength of the wolf, however anything over 3 at one time is extremely difficult, and rarely seen.

User Image

✶ ✶ Dream Walking ;; Gives a wolf the ability to enter the dreams of any wolf they have met even once. They can alter or change the dream to accommodate themselves, but the dreamer still has some control, making it potentially dangerous to the Walker. This can be done over any distance - the only requirement is that the other wolf must be asleep and dreaming.

User Image

✶ ✶ Biosonar ;; Gives the wolf the ability to 'click' like a dolphin and hear the echo, allowing for vision in the darkest of conditions. Also, the sound waves they produce can be amplified enough to stun those within hearing range.

User Image

✶ ✶ Telepathy ;; The ability to speak to others telepathically. Users can project their voice to another over several miles or just a few feet depending on their magic level. Higher level users can even go so far as to make their chosen subject speak the words in which they project.

User Image

✶ ✶ Mimicry ;; The ability to take on the appearance and abilities of another wolf. The amount of time depends on the level of skill.

User Image

✶ ✶ Seduction ;; An increase in pheromones and hormones to attract a mate. Has a very mild controlling effect.

User Image

✶ ✶ Ether ;; For this ability, the wolf must already have the mutation of glow. This power enables the wolf to manipulate their glow into energy, molding the light into shapes and rope-like strands that may act as an extension of their own bodies. A weaving strand of ether is physically adequate, meaning it touches, senses, feels, caresses and contracts, making it a magic of many uses.

User Image

✶ ✶ Allora Vox ;; Similar to the shrieks of a banshee, the wolf is permitted to emit deafening sound waves that at close quarters can temporarily deafen an opponent. They can also control the direction in which the sounds are aimed for, though only higher levers of magic will be accurate.

User Image

✶ ✶ Ghost ;; Allows the wolf to turn invisible and move without sound.

User Image

✶ ✶ Echosing ;; This enables the wolf to sing mesmerizing beautiful songs that can enchant wolves and animals around them. The singer can nearly control them, for good or for bad.

User Image

✶ ✶ Aura Reading ;; The ability to sense the powers, abilities, emotions, memories, and also see where they have come from.

User Image

✶ ✶ Assimilation ;; The ability to meld oneself into inanimate objects, such as a tree, or large rock, even water. The allowed time depends on the wolf's skill.

User Image

✶ ✶ Seether ;; This power enables the user to bend shadows to their will. They may alter the shape, density, and darkness of shadows, as well as turn to shadows themselves. A wolf in shadow form resembles smoke; billowy, transparent wisp-like. In shadow form, the user is relatively unaffected by physical harm.

User Image

✶ ✶ Glow ;; Makes markings, or the entire body glow in a set color.

User Image

✶ ✶ Sense Casting ;; This ability has greatly increased all of the common senses. Touch, sight, hearing, smelling, and taste. Touch is magnified to be similar to other powers, touching things reveals its histories and movement in far distances. Sight can travel from the body for a great distance, and pick up on other living creatures for a few miles. It also can pick up heat signatures and see recent trails using this sense. Hearing can listen and catch the faintest of sounds for a few good miles. Scent is increased to detect even a new blood drop within a few miles. Taste provides an image, based on the chemicals in the surrounding air absorbed by the tongue. It can detect a wolf by these chemicals for several days. The user has the ability to tone down their senses and keep them at lest extreme levels.

User Image

✶ ✶ Photosynthesis ;; This mutation changes the wolf almost entirely. They can live and produce food off sunlight, making hunting almost obsolete. Wolves with this mutation don’t usually have much size to them, and tend to be weak in darkness and cold weather.

these are the desriptions of what i need items created for.

how much of a bundle could i get for soft cell shading

14. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hello! Thanks for the interest!
    I will only accept a maximum of 2 slots per person. Each slot has a maximum of 5 items which are, since it's a bulk order, discounted by $0.50.

If you want me to do these items on your list, you can order the 2 slots for this current batch and avail of the maximum of 5 items each. I will therefore be able to make you 10 items at a price of $15 in total of both slots. That is without recolors.

If you want to push through with this, please tell me which 10 items you need most and if they need recolors. o u o

Thank you!

15. ravinessa27

Reputations:
    ok my next question how much are recolors i thought it said free but i might havee mixed threads up and i am picking the top 10 now.

16. ravinessa27

Reputations:
    Blood Scourge ;; After obtaining this power the caster's blood becomes thicker and almost syrup like, making it harder for them to bleed. The caster will be able to control the consistency of their blood and use it as an offensive type weapon such as, for example, using it as a lance or whip only when they have an open wound on their body. Once the blood leaves the body it cannot be retracted back to the blood stream. In order to use the power the caster has to have ample blood amounts or they'll die from blood loss. Those with stronger abilities in blood scourge will be able to replenish their blood at a faster rate, making this power easier for them to use.

Dream Walking ;; Gives a wolf the ability to enter the dreams of any wolf they have met even once. They can alter or change the dream to accommodate themselves, but the dreamer still has some control, making it potentially dangerous to the Walker. This can be done over any distance - the only requirement is that the other wolf must be asleep and dreaming.

Photosynthesis ;; This mutation changes the wolf almost entirely. They can live and produce food off sunlight, making hunting almost obsolete. Wolves with this mutation don’t usually have much size to them, and tend to be weak in darkness and cold weather.

Ghost ;; Allows the wolf to turn invisible and move without sound.

Enigma ;; This power enables the wolf to cast illusions over their physical surroundings. They may alter the colors, shapes, and entire mood around them; for example changing day to night, spring to winter, cold weather to warm, ect. These illusions come with whatever sounds, smells, details the weaver wishes. These illusions are however, not real; and such surroundings cannot physically effect or inflict harm on a wolf; and are used mostly to frighten, intimidate, or simply amaze.

these are the first five items i'd like @ToadToad

17. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hello,
    Recolors for items are free unless you want them in different poses which is an additional $0.50. But if you want me to simply change colors, they're free. o u o

18. ravinessa27

Reputations:
    Imprint ;; Like the Layric that wonders the lands of Victus, this ability allows a wolf to leave behind a message from their paw. It leaves a glowing track and for those that wonder past, they can touch it and see a memory, hear the voice, or feel whatever the wolf chose to leave behind. If two wolves both have this power, and are magically strong enough for such a connection, they are able to communicate to one another through the mind, share what they see, hear and smell as well.

Sense Casting ;; This ability has greatly increased all of the common senses. Touch, sight, hearing, smelling, and taste. Touch is magnified to be similar to other powers, touching things reveals its histories and movement in far distances. Sight can travel from the body for a great distance, and pick up on other living creatures for a few miles. It also can pick up heat signatures and see recent trails using this sense. Hearing can listen and catch the faintest of sounds for a few good miles. Scent is increased to detect even a new blood drop within a few miles. Taste provides an image, based on the chemicals in the surrounding air absorbed by the tongue. It can detect a wolf by these chemicals for several days. The user has the ability to tone down their senses and keep them at lest extreme levels.

Seduction ;; An increase in pheromones and hormones to attract a mate. Has a very mild controlling effect.

Osculum Lunae ;; A rare, but beautiful magic, far stronger in Lux wolves. This is a guardianship power, allowing the wielder to encase a loved one in a thin, but powerful shield, protecting it from all magic that may aim to harm them. A wolf with this ability may also send this guardian power to its loved one from a great distance, enveloping them in times of need. The magic glows a soft, moon-lit hue. This power cannot be used on oneself, however, and cannot last forever. It is most effective on loved ones and family members, especially that between mother and child.

360 ;; The wolf is able to see 360 degrees around them.

next 5 please @ToadToad

19. ravinessa27

Reputations:
    yes i would like as many free recolors you would like to do i dont want them edited
    hehe and approximately how long does it take for themm i am new here still and i have no idea on time for all my items to be created. xD

20. Toad

Toad Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Uhm, if they're not done by May 16 (since you're the last 2 slots, I have to prioritize the others first), you only pay the half but you will get all the items you requested. o u o