Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Cop gets dropped by a man

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, May 24, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

2. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Moderator Programming Moderator Senior Programmer Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

What did he do for them to chase him?
  3. cpvr

I have no idea. Perhaps, he stole something from the mall? If you listen to the video someone clearly says "All for a pair of shoes"
  4. vplspride

vplspride Member VPL Member

5. cpvr

He shouldn't have pepper-sprayed him then. A taser would have been a lot more effective - don't you think? He would have been down and out and wouldn't have gotten away as much as he did.
  6. vplspride

7. que

que Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

I am someone who's very against disrespecting officers.
    It's not the same everywhere, but I've noticed an incredibly shocking increase in police brutalities and officer's willingness to just use unnecessary interventions like pepper spray.

You of course do not hear about all the good officers do, but recently... there are just so many bad, untrained, uneducated officers out there.

Here's a fun fact about America's officers vs. Germany's!

In 2011- German officers shot a TOTAL of 85 shots the ENTIRE year.
    Of the 85 bullets used in 2011, 49 were warnings shots, 36 were aimed at criminal suspects, 15 people were injured, and 6 were killed.

http://hypervocal.com/news/2012/german-police-85-shots-2011/

Last month, Los Angeles Police killed a 19-year-old man after unloading over 90 shots on him following a high-speed chase down an area freeway. The same month, New York police fired at a suspected murderer 84 times. While the man was wounded, “the punk incredibly survived,” the New York Post reports.

Even some OFFICERS themselves are dropping out of their line of work because of their fellow comrades making horrible names for them.

There's a hell of a lot of abuse of authority.

Just google police brutality, and you can find reports posted no more than SEVEN hours ago.
    Then, try googling "officer saved" or "police saved" - nothing. No reports.
  8. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

WOW. that dude kicked that officers behind.
    ;)
  9. UlyssesBlue

UlyssesBlue New Member VPL Member

@vplspride has pretty much made all the points I intended to, but I would just like to add that I feel, @cpvr, that you're letting your prejudice cloud your judgement. I know you've been in jail at least once and therefore have been on the receiving end of law enforcement, but you should not begrudge an officer for doing his duty. Why do you think it's so great that some guy attacked a cop without provocation? The guy appears to be a thief, who went on to assault an officer and resist arrest. The police acted appropriately and without an excess of violence. I see nothing wrong with that, but am concerned that you see things so differently.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  10. cpvr

That's because I really don't have any respect for some law enforcement. I've been harassed numerous times in the past for things that I did not do.
    My feelings on the subject is this simple - he attacked the cop because he doesn't like cops. Would I attack a cop? Nope, I'd rather just have my lawyer fight for me on those grounds. You guys are taking the posts to heart - and really, I never said I hated cops. I never said that. Law enforcement is here for a reason, to protect the people.
  11. UlyssesBlue

UlyssesBlue New Member VPL Member

The tone of your comments in response to this footage is one of excitement. The implication is that you in some way like what happened. Further to your comments above, it would seem that your admitted lack of respect for some law enforcement is perhaps more extensive than you are implying.
  12. Toongears

Toongears New Member VPL Member

Its just some cops are jerks plain and simple. When someone is given power, they really need to be trained better on how to use it. I've seen cops who filrt with women and will treat a pretty girl much differently from a male. I've also seen cops who will openly try and cohort you to confess something by repeating their questions over and over again and making you sit uncomfortably in cuffs, when cuffing them was totally unnecessary... One time a cop was trying to get me to say something a certain way and he wouldn't leave me alone until it was said in that way, he would even "hint" at the way I was suspose to say it. I've even had a cop once WALK up to me in my car and knock on my window just so he can ask me what I am doing. Its really disgusting how some cops behave. I'm in no way applauding this man's actions. He is an idiot. A strong idiot, but an idiot none the less. I just hope some of those cops up there on their high horses saw this video because its a really good reality check. People are a lot stronger then they think.
  13. cpvr

Sure, I posed excitement over it, but that doesn't reflect my views on law enforcement as a whole. Heck, my cousin is in the Army and I support him all the way. The thing is my views are different, as are my opinions because of the experiences I've had with law enforcement in my life. Is it wrong that I said dude got balls for hitting the cop? I don't think so because I've never seen any put force on a cop before, so I would say the guy is an idiot - based around the fact that he hit the cop, and is now going to be facing deeper charges. Do you think he'll regret it? Probably or probably not, we may never know. I apologize if my views hurt any feelings, or if I'm in the wrong. I just love to speak my mind, and I guess that's wrong sometimes.

In other words, here's an example of Law enforcement doing good, taking care of an idiot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy04DdrWPOA&feature=related
  14. vplspride

15. cpvr

Thanks, I'm sorry for having different views than you, and from now on, if I speak on law enforcement, I won't put my personal experience into the discussion. And yes, I understand that there's good cops, and that the guy was wrong for throwing a punch at the cop. There's a difference between disrespect and having an opinion. I never said anything on the lines of "Fuck the police", which would be very disrespectful. But, instead I did say that some cops are good and some are bad. I'm sorry you feel that way though, and I'll tone it down so that it isn't disrespectful towards you or anything.

[​IMG]