Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Dad goes off on his 19-yr son for dating/talking to a 15-yr old.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corleone, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

[video=youtube;1bZarQWXy54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZarQWXy54&feature=related[/video]

Just had this video sent to me. I actually find such relationships awkward. 15 and 19 just don't do it, since it's technically a child/teenager with an adult. What do you think?
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Personally, I'd go off as well because there's no reason for someone 4 years older to be dating a 15 year. That's just asking for major trouble from the law enforcement.
    Corleone and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

I don't see the problem. my sister is 18 now, and her boyfriend is 22. and they've been going out since she was 16.
    My sister drives down to the beach and stuff with him... fuck knows how she does it though, he don't shut up.
  4. cpvr

When you're a teenager its different though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape
  5. Lion

Oh. these people were having sexy? :O Thats gross. I cant see the video, it says "Advertisement" D=
  6. cpvr

Does it say its blocked in the UK or something? It should work, if not go to youtube and type Dad goes off on his 19-year old son for dating a 15 year old
  7. Lion

Nah. I think I have a virus or something. XD
    I can't see nay YT video's posted unless its directly on youtube.
  8. Kiara

Kiara Moderator Moderator VPL Member

I can't watch the video right now, but it's a little iffy for me. On one hand, I was in a pretty similar relationship. I was 16 when I started dating my boyfriend, who was 20 then. But he definitely respected me, and he refused to do anythings sexual until I turned 17, which was the age of consent where I lived. It drove me crazy, since all your hormones go crazy when you're a teenager, lmao. But in the end, he did the right thing pretty much and we're still together 4 1/2 years later.

ON the bad hand, I know a lot of similar aged relationships don't go so well. The media makes it seem like all guys should go for is sex, sex, sex, and unfortunately, a lot of young men fall for that trap. They think sex is basically one of the only things that matters.
    cpvr likes this.
  9. Nisa

Nisa Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Yeah, this is such a touchy subject. I'm all for people dating who they want despite age. When both parties are adults. :| As a teenager no matter how mature and developed you think you are, you don't belong with an adult. It's as simple as that. 18 or 19? Go date and sleep with a 50 year old for all I care. Younger than that? Just wait. It's not worth all the legal troubles that could result. :T

Also, while 18 or 19 is still technically an adult, I feel like large age gaps are a bit more accepted once the younger party has reach at least 20. After that, I don't think anyone sees it as a big deal. Though you do run the risk of people thinking you're in it for money if the person is noticeably older than you.
    Corleone likes this.
  10. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Exactly my thought.
  11. Nisa

Nisa Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Many teens think they can handle such a thing but in the lovely words of Ellen Page, "Just because a girl knows how to imitate a woman, does NOT mean she's ready to do what a woman does." You can think you're ready all you want, but your hormones are mess at that age. @Kiara, you seemed to have gotten lucky in that your boyfriend put down his foot on the matter. Not everyone is that kind and not everyone will avoid taking advantage of the situation.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  12. cpvr

That's true because many teens these days aren't practicing good birth control methods either. Once those hormones kick in, they want to experiment different things. I remember when my daughter's mom was 14 and a half, and I was 16. Her parents was trying to get a case on me for that, but in Texas, it's a three year difference. I'm kind of glad that relationship didn't work out, because my mind wasn't never well with her. I also think they pick up from older people - such as, does the mom date a lot and bring the guy to the house? Of course, the teen will possibly pick that trait up and do it as well.
    @Kiara Your boyfriend is wonderful for that. I know I'd also wait if my girlfriend wasn't of age, or for her own morals because its entirely on her when you think about it. Us guys sometimes want a fast-act, or a long term relationship. A lot are different though. Like this kid in this video, he should just talk to her, and wait until she's of age to date her. I don't believe there is any crime in just talking to someone as a friend - especially underage.
  13. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

I wouldn't be outraged but I don't like the idea. 19 year olds tend to take control of younger woman, especially 15 year olds, like freshman.

My advice is always to the younger girl is to be smarter than the 19 year old. Do everything that won't make them a statistic.
  14. cpvr

It's illegal though. Especially if its sexual. If you'd allow that and law enforcement found out, I believe he'd catch a huge charge. But @vplspride could probably help us on that or @bigdude
  15. The Little Tree

The Little Tree Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I don't have much of a problem with ages, relationships don't have to be sexual.
  16. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

is it bad im just sitting here like 'nbd shes legal next year'

i realise its america but since the legal age here is 16 i find it hard to be Disgusted by the idea of 15 year olds having sexual relationships

SHRUG if shes willing to do that kinda thing then i dont see the problem im sorry lol
    Gabby likes this.
  17. cpvr

[​IMG]

She's not so legal at 16 here in the United States though, your laws are different, and I'm quite curious why they follow that law like that.

Well, why don't we put it in this perspective - let's say you had a daughter one day, and she turned at 15 - guys were trying to get into her panties and all that, with her being young, what would you do? This situation hits home for me because its not right, to date someone that isn't of age because you could really break them - in terms of emotionally and everything else. I've also watched a movie a few months ago where these teen girls were doing things to guys because they wanted to "Fit" in with the other crowd - which I would say is kind of wrong because you shouldn't put on a front for people to get with you or anything like that.

Those said girls also went through a lot of shit, and really, what's a 19 year's intention with a 15 year old girl anyways? Waiting four years to do anything with her? Some people may wait for that, but just talking? That's not an issue really, but dating kind of is.

You're right, but not a whole lot of people think like that these days.
  18. Jolly

Jolly Approved Artist Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

The boy can get in serious trouble though dating a girl under the age limit.
    If she told anyone else, he could be registered as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
    cpvr likes this.
  19. The Little Tree

The Little Tree Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@cpvr

Yup. A girl can always say no. Unfortunately it may take a girl a few years to realise that.
    Gabby likes this.
  20. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

i appreciate the fact youre trying to... change my opinion... ? but if im being honest again i cant do this because i find it extremely hard to think about having my own children to begin with without panicking so no lol....

i cant complain about the age gap; my boyfriend is 5 years older than me
    when i was 14/15 people in my school and in my circle of friends were in sexual relationships -- sometimes with people who were also 4-5 years older than them
    its something i just learned to see as normal and im trying hard to think 'oh how scandalous!' but its just not happening for me

this probably makes me an awful person but yeah
    cant see it as a big deal
    sorry