Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets closed beta keys
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    Be sure to check out the latest changes to our rules.

Do you date outside your race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 26, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Well, I'm a mixed child, my mom is white and my dad is black. I've dated a black girl in the past but that didn't go anywhere. I've also dated a few hispanic girls, but now I'm dating a white girl and she's my joy. I never had a problem with dating outside my race because my motto is "If you're cool with me, I'll be cool with you." "If you like me, I'll probably like you too", its more about personality with me than race.

So, how about you? Do you date outside your race or do you not date outside your race? Talk about the impact that dating different races has, or how you feel about dating others outside your race.
  2. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I would if there were people of other races here. We're basically white, and we don't foreign people who actually move here so yeah. I did see this asian girl once, she was hawt as hell. She was older but who cares. :p
  3. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I dated a half black, half Puerto rican guy once years ago. Never again x__x. That relationship was just one giant train wreck.

Dating someone of my same race right now but I wouldn't mind dating a latina girl or hispanic (not the mexicany kind, the spanish kind mang)girl. I always found them extremely sexy.
  4. Kiara

Kiara Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

If someones personality clicked with mine and they treated me right, I don't think race would matter.
  5. cpvr

Why was it a train wreck? Did they have a bad attitude or something?

I've met a few asian girls in my life, but never dated one. I agree, a lot of them are beautiful. @Kiara That's exactly what I was thinking as well. Lucky for me, I've basically tried all the races. White, hispanics, black.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. Sirkowskii

@cpvr - Very bad attitude, he was influenced by his friends to be an asshole to me, his friends tried to get with me, they said I cheated on him and slept with other guys (which is NOT true, I didn't sleep with anyone till my current girlfriend), ect. Stuff like that.
  7. cpvr

Ya, that's something I've noticed in the race. Homies like to hate one one another. I know some of my black friends try to hit on my girl - joking or not, I still don't like it so i told them to stop and they did. A bad attitude is uncalled for especially influenced by others.
  8. Sirkowskii

@cpvr - Yeah =/. Like...he was nice once in a while but other then that, he was a prick. Then when I broke up with him, his friends had the balls to call me and beg me to get back with him because he locked himself up in his room and wouldn't come out or eat or anything. I was like 'You guys cause this. Not my problem anymore.'
  9. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? VPL Staff Moderator Approved Artist VPL Member

I've dated a Mexican girl bf, but I've always wanted mixed kids lol.
  10. Nebula

Nebula Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Member

I'm honestly still surprised you guys are talking about 'races'. I mean, we're all people regardless of our skin color, right? It would be the same asking if one would date a guy with or without a mustache, a girl with or without cup DD, a dog with or without a tail... I mean, honestly, get over this whole 'race' thing, put off those "I-like-to-place-people-in-boxes" attitude and for the sake of all look further than your nose is long. People are made out of more than just skin color, eye color, hair color, etcetera etcetera.

Sorry if I come across as hard or blunt, but these type of questions always make my skin crawl.
  11. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? VPL Staff Moderator Approved Artist VPL Member

This is true though. It would be nice if we all could stop all the race stuff, but we all know it's not gone stop. You have a really valid point though.
  12. cpvr

My daughter is mixed and her mom is putting her in Spanish classes. I'd love to see her speak Spanish because I never learned and she would have more opportunities in the job market when she's older. It's quite nice though, but I can't see her talking Spanish to me and I'll be like "Baby girl, what did you say to daddy?" LOL, butt its all good. She needs to learn it since half her family is Hispanic and the other is white and black.

You're right on the end.

Good point, but it all depends on your preferences as a human being, and who you like to date. People all have different preferences, and its not we're talking bad about either race at all, its nice to see humans come together and discuss what they like in life, there's nothin wrong with that. Dating is your preference, not anyone else's.

Ya, true, and plus, its not really that important among the problems that are going on in the world, its just preferences. It's like going "I love google, but I hate apple". We're not discussing racism, we're discussing our preferences and what we like to date.

So on that note - how many users here are happily in a relationship currently, or recently got out of one?
    Ajax likes this.
  13. Dragonpaw

Dragonpaw Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Halfsies pride! I'm half white and half Mexican (I identify as both, not one or the other), so I'm always dating outside my race technically lol. I've dated white, Mexican, black, Asian, biracial - it doesn't matter to me. All races are beautiful. My boyfriend right now is Korean.

Everyone has their quirks that they like or don't like. We all have our "types." I prefer tanned or dark skin and black hair. Doesn't mean I always date people of that type but I know what I like. It's just not true to reality to try and pretend that we don't label people like this. Our mind runs on these kinds of mental shortcuts, by virtue of being human we all do this. We all know that people are much more than their phenotype, but that's not what this discussion is about. We're talking about the particular categories that our brain seems to dig a little more than the others.

I feel so meta right now.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  14. The Little Tree

The Little Tree Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

People look at race?
  15. Mio

Mio Moderator VPL Staff Moderator Pet Game Owner Web Designer Junior Programmer Approved Artist VPL Supporter

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with preferring certain things. It's pretty much human nature and in itself it's not hurting anyone. It's when you act prejudiced towards someone for it that it's wrong; treating people like you're too good for them because of it.
  16. Mio

Mio Moderator VPL Staff Moderator Pet Game Owner Web Designer Junior Programmer Approved Artist VPL Supporter

I don't know if you're in the US or not, but race relations are not always looking good in different areas of the country. Where I live, people are still pretty disapproving of interracial relationships, but there's plenty of good minded people too.
  17. Corzeir

Corzeir Coяzeir Aka Roconza Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Pretty much sums up my feeling right there.
  18. The Little Tree

The Little Tree Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I'm in the UK, I guess some parts have their views on different races.
    But relationship wise, I don't know how many people (atleast in my generation) would not go for someone based on race. Preference, sure. Who doesn't like the dark haired mysterious ones. But, really. Perhaps I'm just young.

Other people can disapprove all they want, it's not their relationship.
  19. pesticide

pesticide Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

I'm surprised people are so taken back by this. It's only a big deal if you make it one.

Anyways. I've only dated white guys, but I've had crushes on middle eastern guys, just never had a chance to date one XD
  20. cpvr

In all honestly, I'm glad that my girlfriend has a good personality. We get along great and that wasn't the case with my past relationships. Looks are second in nature to me. If I can't carry a conversation with you, how do you expect to date me? But, that's how I've been since I was a teenager. Also, I've never had any problems with her parents and they accept me for who I am. Race is nothin to me, but there's still some people in this world who have a problem with acceptance. Just take a look at the Miss America winner, a lot of people were mad that she won because she's Indian, but she's still an American.