1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

Do you find it hard to introduce yourself?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cpvr, Apr 15, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Well, I love how a lot of new owners join up and post an introductions post - its real nice to see, but I'm very curious - do you find it hard to introduce yourself? Whether its online or in public?

What are you shy of? Especially if you have fears of introducing yourself.

Personally, perhaps, we can come up a list of questions to help new users - feel more welcome here, and help us find out their true tastes in the community.

I'll start it off with these questions:
    1: How old are you? If you don't feel like answering, say I don't feel like sharing my age.
    2: How did you find Virtualpetlist? Tell us who told you about us, or how you found us.
    3: What's your favorite pet site? How long has it been your favorite?
    4: Tell us a few things about yourself, what are some of your hobbies? What do you do for fun?
    5: What matters to you, the art of a pet site, or the community?
    6: What's your favorite color?
    7: Do you play video games? If so, which ones are your favorite?

Feel free to add more questions - and use them when welcoming a new member! :thumbup:

You can also answer these questions on this thread.

2. Toxic Rainbow Kisses

Toxic Rainbow Kisses Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't find the Introducing part "Hard". I find the, actually talking about myself hard. Haha I'm not a very "interesting" person. So I just flail about saying, If you wanna know me, talk to me xD Hhaa

3. Micky

Micky Always online, ping me! [Mythflow] Moderator VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't mind introducing myself but I just lurk most of the time :p Mine's basically the same deal as @Toxic Rainbow Kisses xD

But I'll answer these questions nonetheless:

1. I'm 16, turning 17 in July; I've been part of the industry since I was.. 11? Ho-crap that's long!

2. Found VPL through ... Google!

3. Favorite sites are Rescreatu and Aywas. Rescreatu because I've been part of the site for 4 yrs + and I have grown to love the community there.
    I've had good and bad memories about Rescreatu. Aywas because my RL friends play it and I just love the customization and artwork!

4. Hobbies? internet and sleep. Nothing more than that, haha. Music, graphic design, business.

5. Art = 100% and community 100%.

6. Color? Er, Red or something. Dunno.

7. Video games? I don't play any xD

I'm a boring, boring person xD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. gabzo

gabzo Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I am a shy person but to introduce myself online I don't find it's nerve racking the only thing is that I don't know what to say.

I think that it's a good idea to have a list of icebreaker questions to make people know what to talk about.

5. Toxic Rainbow Kisses

Toxic Rainbow Kisses Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Oh! Were answering the questions? I can do that one xD LOL

1: How old are you? If you don't feel like answering, say I don't feel like sharing my age.
    I'm currently 24.
    2: How did you find Virtualpetlist? Tell us who told you about us, or how you found us.
    Through @Slashmaster 's site aywas. Which I found from a friend on gaiaonline.
    Right now, I have none. I don't play petsites much anymore, but im excited for Kingdomsky (@Angely) and Mavunova (@Corsair).
    4: Tell us a few things about yourself, what are some of your hobbies? What do you do for fun?
    I like to read in my free time :/ And I love to go swimming.
    Green
    Yup, I play the 360. And my favorites are Halo, Fable, Dragon age.

6. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I want ti fill it out :D
    I am a 16 year old male, born on 21st feb 1994, England, London.
    I dont know how I found virtualpetlist, but without it I would be lost.
    My favorite current virtual pet site is Icepets because of its art, Althought, I think kingdomsky will be my overall favorite.
    I am a pretty boring person, I dont go out and Im greedy and Lazy! Z.Z
    Personally, Both.
    Cyan :D
    I play PS3, but I only play call of duty.

7. PaulSonny

PaulSonny Boopets owner VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer VPL Member

Reputations:
    I always find it difficult to introduce myself, whether it be online or in public. I hate the "oh so what are you doing these days", trying to explain to people I am a .NET Developer by day and a PHP Programmer by night is really hard! The same online, I never know what to say about myself!

Way back when I was involved in developing a vBulletin Modification and happen to stumble on VPL as part of my work/research.

I am biased, but BooPets. Since I created it!

My main hobby is and always has been programming! If I am not at work, or out with friends, I am at home programming!

For me its not about the art, its more about the community and the fact that people are playing something I have created.

Purple.

I play Skylanders on the PS3 when I have time.

Regards, Paul.

8. cpvr

Reputations:
    I'll guess I'll also answer the questions:

I'm 22. I'll be 23 November.
    I founded and created this community with @electric_blue_kirby
    I don't have a favorite really, but I do adore Aywas, Paladore, and a few others.
    Some of my hobbies included listening to music, hanging out with my friends - sometimes going to the club or a party, watching movies with my girl-friend.

5: What matters to you, the art of a pet site, or the community? The community matters more to me than the art. But the art is a plus.
    6: What's your favorite color? Red and black.
    Not much anymore, but I'm still stuck on a level on Def Jam: The Icon its one of my favorite recent games.

9. Leviathan

Leviathan New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I've never had a problem socializing on a new site until here. xD

10. Richy

Richy Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    This looks like fun and since I don't think I talk to many people here, I may as well post a bit for you guys to find out, lol.

1: I'm currently 19.
    2: I can't remember how I found VPL.. might have been a google search!
    3: I currently don't play any pet sites, which is a little funny I guess. If I had to pick a site, it would be Sorpiland (even though it's dead now). I spent many an hour there back in the days.
    4: A bit about myself.. I'm a full time student so I spend the majority of my time studying and writing up essays and when I'm not busy with that, I try to draw here and there.
    5: Both the art and community matter, but I would say content is also an important aspect. Individuality or personality in a site is also nice.
    6: My favourite colours are grey and blue.
    7: I haven't played any video games for many years, but my favourite game of all time would have to be the Kingdom Hearts (playstation) series.

11. Lilly3

Lilly3 <i>The Junior Member</i> Approved Writer Web Designer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    1: How old are you? 22

2: How did you find Virtualpetlist? Friend

3: What's your favorite pet site? How long has it been your favorite? I don't play on many pet sites (haven't for some time now). I used to play Neopets quite a bit (my pet is apparently 3770 days old). Then there were a few other small pet application games (I don't remember the names of) that I used to play every so often.

4: Tell us a few things about yourself, what are some of your hobbies? What do you do for fun? I am studying graphic design and business management at a university. I enjoy puzzles, games, hanging out with friends, Adobe products, sports.

5: What matters to you, the art of a pet site, or the community? I think it all is pretty important. I enjoy looking at other art pieces, but without the community's interaction, the site wouldn't be as great as it is.

6: What's your favorite color? Blue.

7: Do you play video games? If so, which ones are your favorite? I play a few video games, but I don't play them regularly. I like playing any Mario type games and Wii Fitness/sports. I only have a couple consoles and the ones I mostly play are Wii and N64.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  12. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm not new but I'll bite :) <3 Also in answer to the original question I feel like it's super easy to introduce yourself but then I have that awkward moment after that is... erm now what lol.

1: How old are you? I'm 25 years old. One foot in the grave. Half way to 50.
    2: How did you find Virtualpetlist? I heard about VPL from Aywas.
    3: What's your favorite pet site? How long has it been your favorite? I guess Aywas is my favorite but I've kinda lost interest. Too many different bugs and glitches and the economy has been kinda crazy so it hasn't been appealing to me lately. It's been my favorite for more than a year now.
    4: Tell us a few things about yourself, what are some of your hobbies? What do you do for fun? I like photography, videography, cooking, graphic design, CAMPING, fishing, 4 wheeling, and now playing with my little guy!
    5: What matters to you, the art of a pet site, or the community? Art, Content, and Customer Service/Admins/Mods are my top priorities. In the long run if the community of people are jerks it's easy to ignore or handle if the rest is good but if you don't have the others things good a good community can't fix it.
    6: What's your favorite color? GREEN
    7: Do you play video games? If so, which ones are your favorite? My favorite video game is Tomba followed by the various Mario's and then MMORPGS like WoW.

13. picezkacang

picezkacang Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Ah, I want to fill these too :p

21. I was born in 1991.

Google

I'm playing Neopets, Subeta, Marapets, Paladore, BooPets. How long? Neopets since 2002, Marapets since 2008, Subeta since 2012, Paladore since 2012. My most favorite right now are Subeta and Paladore.

Hobbies... design, drawing... usually characters for my site, lol. Other hobbies are playing DDR, play Nintendo DS, play any PC games, play VPs. And oh, I have another game project with RPG Maker VX. I use my spare time to make some game events for that sometimes. Other than that, just browsing internet, and listening to music.

Community. I'm actually quite shy if someone not approach me first. So, no matter how good the art is, if the community isn't friendly, I'd rather to leave.

All colors actually, but my most favorite are blue or white.

I REALLY love video games! It's too many to mention all of them. Let's say they are all NDS RPG adventure games, any Visual Novel games, any simulation and RPG for PC games (such as GTA or The Sims). Most of my games are simulation, adventure, fantasy, rpg genre.

14. cpvr

Reputations:
    Out of all pet sites, which one is your most favorite and the one that you play on the most?

15. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    i really do
    i have ridiculous amounts of social anxiety so i find it hard just approaching people to introduce myself ha ha
    its bad because im even scared of people online oh boy

1: im 18 atm but i act like a 12 year old sometimes with all my temper tantrums and such

2: paladore tbh. someone mentioned it and i was like sure why not.

3: neopets or paladore. neopets for yeeeears because its just a good site and i have friends there. paladores the same. i made friends there and i just really enjoy the rpg and events and wow yeah ha ha

4: uh i live in scotland and i spend a lot of time drawing. i like to rp with people but im usually too scared to ask to rp with people and they usually dont offer so even though i like to rp i never actually do it... HEH. i also love music and i get really intense about it which tends to scare people off because i think i come on too strong and forget not everyone cares about it as much as i do u////u. im also super into the webcomic homestuck and mostly draw fanart of it.

5: community. i have a horrible superiority complex and if i think the community isnt good enough for me then ill just up and leave hahaha wow u_____u;;;

6: purple

7: kingdom hearts and pokemon probably

16. picezkacang

picezkacang Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @cpvr
    my most favorite and I play most right now is Paladore, but I also often check Psypets and Subeta on weekend days. :D

17. Nikkita

Nikkita New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    This thread was a smart idea. You finally got me out of lurking mode (posts: 1.. after I post this)

1: How old are you?
    I am 23 years old and from the Netherlands.
    2: How did you find Virtualpetlist?
    I found you through google.
    My favourite pet site is Vis-Servo, though I haven't been able to play for a while of course. I'm not active on their current forums, but impatiently awaiting it's return. I'm not sure for how long it has been my favourite, since I started playing but can't remember when that was. I also used to play Furry-Paws quite actively, but that's some time ago now and my first petsim ever was neopets (it was one of the things that taught me English, I don't like the fact that they've translated it to so many languages now).
    I like watching tv series/movies, reading, music/singing, programming (so far I've learned HTML, CSS, a bit of PHP and some JAVA), dreaming and I love animals. I own 4 dogs (2 American Staffordshire Terriers, 1 old Schnauzer and 1 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) I really love my dogs :) I don't really have a lot of hobbies/things I do because I've a chronic disease thingy and can't go out much.
    It's the art that attracts me to a place, but the community that keeps me around.
    Oeh oeh! I love.. green, blue.. red and pink... Do I really get to choose only 1 :/?
    I play some video games. I used to play World of Warcraft a lotbut now I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 to release. I've pre-purchased the game and can't wait for the next Beta Weekend Event. I also like the Pokémon games for the DS.

So.. Hello everyone :3

18. cpvr

Reputations:
    @NikkitaWelcome to the forums! Red is my favorite color as well, if I were blue - it's only baby blue. Do you have any screenshots of when you've played your video games? How many video games do you own?

What chronic disease do you have? I also have a disability, and I'm bipolar. I was diagnosed with it at the age of 15. I've had a lot of battles with it, but I've so far defeated all those problems(thanks medications and doctors!)

19. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    For those of you who do not know me, I'm James, An ex-Moderator here.

1: How old are you?
    16 Today
    I found Virtual Pet List through Google.
    Well, even though it's hard to believe I would have to say Marapets just because of the shear amount of time I have been there for.
    Well I am currently creating a site called Atween which should be opening for Alpha testing soon. A part from this I really like to swim, infact I'm a swimming champion, I used to swim for my county. I have the medals and trophys to prove it. For fun I play on the computer on games such as Marapets and Glitch.
    To me the community is more important than art, but the features are what keeps the community coming
    A favourite (GASP) I'm not colourist :p I love all colours :)

I have a nintendo Wii, A part from that the computer

20. Nikkita

Nikkita New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    @cpvr I don't think I have any WoW screenshots left.. they're on my old laptop me thinks. I've never really played it hardcore, I'm more of a casual player, never did any of the ''end game'' stuff. And I don't really own a lot of video games.. maybe 10 for pc (including old games like Warcraft 3 and Rollercoaster Tycoon). My boyfriend has an xbox, I have one game on it that I never play.. and I own an old GameCube on which I have maybe 5 games and an even older PlayStation 1 with FFIX my favourite game and the only reason why I take careful care of my old PS :)
    I have a cousin in Sweden who has a room full of videogames. She could easily have 100+, so imo I don't really have many games.

The disease I have is called ''Chronisch Vermoeidheids Syndroom'' which could be translated to ''Cronic Fatigue Syndrom'' I have tried different medicine, but none so far worked for me. I remember having less energy than friends since I was about 11 or 12, but I wasn't officially diagnosed until I was 18 or 19. My father, aunt and brother all have the same, but for my father it wasn't bad until his late 40s and my brother (25) only recently started noticing his energy lowering. My aunt and I both started having problems in our late teens and it's getting worse for me pretty much every year :(
    There's no new medication for me to try so I'll just have to learn to live with.

Lol maybe those were longer answers than you bargained for xD
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one having health problems, it's nice when there are people out there who understand you. I'm glad you've won your battles :) Acceptance is a big part of it, isn't it?