Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Do you like my graphics

Discussion in 'Art/Writing General' started by Ajax, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? VPL Staff Moderator Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Just wanted to see what everyone would rate them!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Banners
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for all the Ad banners, the others ones that I made are for the official site(Kaylune obviously :p), so I can not really just show off my banner skills *sad.
  2. MrPrince

MrPrince Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Amazing =)
    You know your skills are, Ajax.
  3. Tyler

Tyler Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner

Reputations:
    Really good Ajax. =D
  4. nobackseat

nobackseat Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Those are pretty good, I love the "shape" of the avatars, they aren't just squares.

You only provided two examples, but may I suggest using some intricate patterns for backgrounds, and do more to the pet images. Perhaps outline it, or bevel, or add some animation (like blinking).

Just some ideas to make it "stand out" a bit more.

I used to know this really amazing avatar artist, however she hasn't been around in a very long time. I'll see if I can post some of her stuff to emphasize what I mean.

They look great though!

EDIT: I just attached some below. I don't know what site those are copyright to now, though.

NBS
  5. Ajax

Reputations:
    xD, I do use everything you said, and more, those are actually pretty old, at least a month or so old. I will ask for permission to post some of my new Kaylune work, or I may make something later in the day.

These are the basic things I use now adays xD...

Image Adjustments
    Not to many filters anymore
    A few Layer options
    Patterns
    Textures
    Gradients
    All the good stuff, I am not in the dark, I am just to lazy to ask to post a few new things lmbo.
  6. nobackseat

nobackseat Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    That's great to hear, I wasn't undermining your ability or anything, just trying to help.

I couldn't do graphics for my life. I don't even wear matching clothes most of the time. :eek:

NBS
  7. Ajax

Reputations:
    LMBO, Okay, so you must be like me, I will just grab something and say, oh okay, well I will just wear a jacket with it, and it will match. *Thats why I love winter.
  8. Drea

Drea Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think they're fine graphics. : ) The avatars are very nice.
  9. Katsutos

Katsutos New Member VPL Member

Reputations: