1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Dropping your phone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 23, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Sometimes I'm very clumsy and my phone flies out of my hand. Good thing I have a good case on it and it doesn't break, but I have broken phones in the past from dropping them or getting water-damage on them.

So, do you drop your phone a lot? Or are you a lot more careful with your phone than I am? I know my baby brother took my mom's phone and smashed the screen. Same with my sisters phone. Which is why I don't let him hold my phone at all these days because I don't want it to get smashed.

So, how about you? Do you have good luck when it comes to dropping your phone, or have you gotten a lot of bad damage on your phone from dropping it?

2. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I look after tech gadgets as if they were babies. I never drop my phone, cause I know that if I do, a shitload of time is gonna pass until I get a proper one again. :p

3. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    if its a new phone i cling to it like a lifeline whenever i have it out but after i drop it once its really hard to not drop it all the time??

now if youd ask how often i drop my ipod id just burst into tears because i drop it so often i actually feel bad for it

why am i allowed near technology

4. Andou

Andou Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    [SUB]I actually shattered my iPhone last week. Haha... I'm a clutz so it was bound to happen.

Apple replaced it for me for free though so I was really lucky. T___T[/SUB]

5. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I throw my phone and that thing won't die O_e...

My iPod can get ran over for all I care. It's so broken already but I'd cry because I'd miss playing DragonVale too much ; 3 ;

6. Afterlife

Afterlife Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    My phone has many dings and chips gone from me dropping it or it falling out of my pocket.
    It's not affected though because I'm not cool enough to have a smartphone. I still have the LG Banter, which is a pretty sturdy phone turns out, but it's so old it still has Alltel printed on it, and they haven't been around for years XD
    But if/when I get a smartphone I know I'll have to buy a case for it or it'll be dead or cracked before you could say smartphone.
    Stupid girl pockets, can't hold nothin' but a quarter I swear.

7. cpvr

Reputations:
    How are they replacing it for free? Did you have APCare on your phone and full insurance or what? I have to take notes just incase it happens to me.
    @uglytrolls I can't really say I've dropped my iPod, but I do get sweat in it a lot because it sits in my pocket while I'm working out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  8. Andou

Andou Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    [SUB]@cpvr: My warranty actually ran out a couple of months ago. The guy asked me if it was my first time going to Apple (which is true, I bought my iPhone from Rogers) and then he took me to the Genius bar, assessed the damage, and then came back with a new iPhone.

I was expecting to pay, haha, but I guess I got lucky that day.[/SUB]

9. Micky

Micky Always online, ping me! [Mythflow] Moderator Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't have a cellphone, but I keep dropping my ipod.. glad I have it in a pretty good case, or else I swear it'll have been broken long time ago. xD

Not a dent in the iPod or any scratches on the surface. Fweee~!

The case is pretty scratched up though, LOL.

10. Everafter

Everafter Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    In the year and half I had my original Droid I dropped that thing so many times and it only ended up with dings and dents and worked just fine.. until one time it hit perfectly and shattered the entire screen but was still 100% useable and functioning. I ended up getting my dad's old phone (which is the same phone) when he got a new one cause I was getting little glass shards in my fingers and now my mom makes me keep this stupid otter box on it Dx
    My friend also had the same one and his got dropped all the time and only broke once.
    I'll certainly be staying with these types of phones though, as they're reallly durable and almost close to indestructible!

11. cpvr

Reputations:
    What kind of case and phone do you have? I used to throw phones all the time and they'd break into pieces, so I'd have to fork over $50 to get the same phone through insurance.

12. Sirkowskii

Reputations:
    No case for my phone haha. I've got an LG Razor Touch 2

13. cpvr

Reputations:
    How banged up is it? Could you share a picture of it?:D

14. Sirkowskii

Reputations:
    It actually isn't banged up at all xD. Aside from a scratch or two, it's fine XDD

15. cpvr

Reputations:
    Oh, I have scratches on my screen protector and my case is banged up with a few scratches as well. I have a pretty good case. XD I'm so clumsy in the mornings that I tend to drop my phone on the hard floors. I'm surprised I haven't cracked it yet. I would be so disappointed and mad if I did.

16. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

Reputations:
    My phone is pretty hard, I have a hard case for it and it does its job well.

17. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? VPL Staff Moderator Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Yea mine is pretty indestructible right now lol.

18. cpvr

Reputations:
    What type of case do you have on it? I got mine from Wal Mart, and its a black case, pretty tough.

19. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

Reputations:
    I got mine from a phone shop, they are very popular.

20. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have dropped my iPhone 4 so many times it's not funny. In fact I have even dropped it several times on cement. I seriously cannot BELIEVE I have not shattered the screen yet. My phone is a real trooper. All I have on it is a cheap bumper I got from ebay for 10 cents and a scratch film.