1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Community Warning Emma/petadoptables Spamming Aywas' Forum

Discussion in 'Board of Inquiry - Buyer and Seller feedback' started by cpvr, Jun 15, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Emma has been "spamming" Petadoptables' link on Aywas' community - not only did she "bump" the topic herself - a few times, a few users said they joined the site, however, after many "spam bumps" by Emma, Slash finally responded to their thread.

Here's all the posts from the Aywas thread as well: this thread is from Aywas' "junk pile" forum.
    http://www.aywas.com/forum/topic/162868/1/

She also posted this in Aywas' art forum - why can't she look for artists elsewhere?
    http://www.aywas.com/forum/topic/150566/

As you can see, Emma basically "joined" to spam the Petadoptables link around - which is quite stupid.

Okay, so isn't it frown upon when a site's owner joins another site and spams their site's link all over the place? Common sense tells you it is not wise to go into someone's else playground and advertise - especially if you just spam, and not tell users why they should join your site to begin with.

So, is anyone else having problems with Petadoptables' staff and/or users spamming their site? Perhaps, if this is such a major issue - sites all around should block their site's name from being posting - good idea or a bad one?

2. Wrath

Wrath Retired Moderator Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    A site owner did this, you're kidding right?
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but advertising/breaking another sites rules to promote your own is not only unprofessional, bt it gives the site that they are trying to adverise a bad name.

3. cpvr

Reputations:
    Yes, Emma is one of the owners for Petadoptables - along side her uncle "Bob".

4. Michi

Michi Hiatus Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Technically its not against Aywas rules to advertise or talk about other sites, but the fact she attacked Aywas users on her own site doesn't help her case much. But I think it might fall under the rule - not excessively advertise other websites or outside services, nor solicit for Staff members of a competing site on Aywas. Especially for the fact she made a board to hire artists for her site. I read her posts and only thing that comes up is bumping her board or advertising her site.

5. Shadow

Shadow Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hmm...how do you know this isn't someone trying to make her look bad?

Just trying to see it from all angles.

6. Niji

Niji Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    It's the attack of the Petadoptables!

7. Richy

Richy Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Did Slash ban her yet? I don't see how she could bump it so many times, let alone create the topic, without getting banned for it.

8. Michi

Reputations:
    I don't see why someone would bother to try and hire artists on another site just for the hell of it with someone else's name. My opinion though.

Most likely Slash finds it amusing and for the fact its on a part of the forum rarely looked at.

9. cpvr

Reputations:
    Well, I think you may want to take a look at this thread: Petadoptables plagiarized content

10. Peanut

Peanut Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I honestly don't think Emma would ever do something like this, but I may be wrong D:
    I am kind of leaning towards @Shadow 's suggestion..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  11. Aesop

Aesop Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I thought Bob was her dad?

There's always been drama with PetAdoptables; but, I wouldn't think they would spam.

12. Michi

Reputations:
    Who knows. Is there really any difference in the steps of causing drama with stealing to spamming? This isn't just some just recent stuff. Why would someone keep a farce up that long just to cause trouble to her? The post for the hiring artist thing was in Feb. Would a fake really keep it up that long just to spite the person?

13. Ardy

Ardy Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think I remember seeing a few pretty ugly posts from emma on this forum months and months ago before she deleted her account in a showy display of angry words. Professional isn't a word I'd use.

14. Onyx

Onyx Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm a little confused but maybe it's because I don't play Aywas? Is this just one thread that was created? I mean, people are allowed to create threads to advertise other sites, on my sites and on many other pet sites, so I'm not really seeing the issue here unless Aywas specifically says you can't advertise other sites there. In which case I'm not sure why the thread would just not be deleted and the user warned, or whatever.

15. cpvr

Reputations:
    Did she tell you that or something? I remember her saying Bob was her uncle, but I could be wrong.

16. Aesop

Aesop Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    When there was drama on VPU I was pretty sure that it was stated that she was his daughter. I don't know... there was way too much drama with the both of them haha.

17. Michi

Reputations:
    One thread that is bumped not by the normal means. You are suppose to use the bump button, not type bump in the thread. Plus she also tried hiring an artist for the site which is against the rules.

She has one other thread advertising it as well on another board, but not updated anymore since she moved to the new thread. Basically all her posts is to promote her site and does nothing else with the account.

18. Corzeir

Corzeir No longer here VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Let me put it this way it's like walking into a walmart and setting up a stand advertising Kmart. Some sites don't have a issue but it is done for the express purpose of luring members away from a popular site. It's frankly unprofessional when a owner of the site does it because it's really done to ride off the success of a more larger popular site.

It's basicly no better then spam bots because it's doing the same thing.

cpvr likes this.
  19. Onyx

Onyx Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    Eh I dunno, I'm pretty sure that some of the owners that advertise their sites in the other games forum on khimeros don't actually play khimeros, but I never really thought it was a big deal. Who knows, maybe they'll see something they like on the site and stick around to play! I'm confident that my site is good enough that just someone posting about their site on my site is not going to lure away all my users, lol. If they weren't using the bump button I'd just PM them and tell them to do so...

20. dohorcadrg

dohorcadrg New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    And she banned me from the PA forum Shoutbox for "promotion of other sites" when I was just "talking" about it without posting a link to them. *shakes her head*
    *also was banned from the forum for no define reason, but won't go there*
    I'm glad I ran away from that site now... I know Emma's only about my age, but really? Spaming another site?
    (Ok, my mini rant is over, back to seriousness. Sorry about this..)
    I never expected this to be honest. XD.