Virtual pets and Sim games community

Would you like to become a member of the most successful virtual pets and sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and since then, we've been providing web game developers, artists, players and writers with the most relevant, up to date, quality and in depth content covering the entire online browser based games industry. So, if you virtual pet games, game development or online sims, our forum is perfect for you. Our sneak peeks forum is designed for new owners to showchase their upcoming in dev games.

Discuss online pet game management or developing a sim game.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headIn icey them pet game Kaylune, a virtual pet site Breed online pet
    VigLink badge
    Novilar opening up for beta September 16 - Beastkeeper
    Gaming Reinvented

breed horses on this very active sim game

Browse our Online Games Directory
    Promote VPL - advertise here
    Admin and webmasters community - Browser games
    $300 posting contest ends on October 14th

Finally got me a smartphone

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cpvr, Feb 19, 2012.

1. So, yesterday I decided to go out and buy me a smartphone because my other cell phone was acting up and it was time to get a new one.

The phone I got is called Huawei Ascend ll

Its by cricket, and I have to set up my Google account on the phone in order to access the marketplace and apps. It also uses Android.

I really like this phone and the pictures it takes are amazing!

So, when did you get your first smart phone?

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. Cool! For me it was around this time last year, but I can't quite call my iPhone 3G as a smartphone, since it's WiFi chip is broken, so yeah. And it has a painfully slow processor, so there's not much you can do with it.

3. Got my first smart phone last October as a present from my parents for having obtained a very prestigious award. They got me a Samsung Galaxy S II.​

4. Cool! That thing is a beast!

5. @EtnikEtnik It is a pretty cool phone! Thing I love most about it is the GPS navigation. But I'm pretty pissed off at Samsung though. It hasn't really even been 8 months and the already released the new Galaxy phone making mine obsolete. I hate that about electronics these days.

#5 WikiJason, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. They do it all the time now, not only Samsung but pretty much every tech gadget maker. Anyway, the SIII is supposedly gonna be even larger, and that sucks imo. The ideal screen size is 3.5' or 3.7' for me. the SII is a speed beast and if I recall correctly, the SIII will have a quad-core processor and that's insane, I mean, my iPhone 3G has a 400Mhz processor. Things are moving way too fast.

#6 Corleone, Feb 19, 2012
  7. What made you chose the iPhone over the others?

8. I didn't have a choice actually. My brother's boss gave it to him, and since he only uses a phone for calling and texting, I took it. XD

9. I have an iPhone 4, I love it, the only think I hate about it is how little data my already exuberantly priced plan comes with -_-

10. I switched carriers and got my first smart phone (samsung galaxy s2) at the beginning of the month. It's pretty fun to play with, but I can eat up the battery really fast. ^_^;

11. How's the camera on that? Who's your carrier now?

@EtnikEtnik That's always nice. Oh, here's a photo of my phone.
    [​IMG]

#11 cpvr, Feb 20, 2012
  12. Smartphones are great, it's the data plans you're forced into that are lethal. I wish some government agency would step in and regulate as now the cell phone companies are taking advantage and forcing you into increasingly expensive plans. :(

13. I have unlimited bandwidth. I had to pay an extra $10 a month for it.

14. I guess you have Tmobile or something. I have ATT and I pay 30 dollars extra for the two lines I have that are smartphones and I'm about to get another smartphone so another 30 if you want the unlimited one it's like 50-60 dollars per line.

15. No, I'm with Cricket. It's a houston-based company that finally went nationwide. I had t-mobile in the past. We added a line for one of my buddies and he failed to pay, so we just let the bill run up. =X

16. Oh man, I hope it didn't ruin your credit. :(

There are a couple locally based companies, but I'm scared of not having service when I need it.

17. It wasn't mine to begin with. It was under my mom's name. =X it ruined hers though.:(
    Ya, Cricket used to be a sucky company years ago. I remember when it first came out, but now its pretty good. I get service pretty much everywhere.

18. I love smartphones I still have my first one and use it , I got a Htc hero and it's android powered like you'rs, I love them you can't get better than a smartphone

19. I got mine about 4 months ago, bought it offline. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2

20. I got my first smart phone in 2009 when I bought an iPhone 3G. Two months later the iPhone 3GS was released but I didn't think there was anything special about it to upgrade. I waited until the iPhone 4 came out and that's what I still have now. I think I will wait until the next iPhone comes out. I don't see the point in the 4S.

The data plan in UK is quite cheap. I only pay £10 a month for "unlimited" data, 1,000 texts and 100 minutes of calling. The only thing I don't like is how they call it unlimited when they have a fair usage allowance that if I go over 500MB I get charged £1 a day for any more I use and the internet is slowed down.