1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Finally got me a smartphone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Feb 19, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    So, yesterday I decided to go out and buy me a smartphone because my other cell phone was acting up and it was time to get a new one.

The phone I got is called Huawei Ascend ll

Its by cricket, and I have to set up my Google account on the phone in order to access the marketplace and apps. It also uses Android.

I really like this phone and the pictures it takes are amazing!

So, when did you get your first smart phone?

2. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Cool! For me it was around this time last year, but I can't quite call my iPhone 3G as a smartphone, since it's WiFi chip is broken, so yeah. And it has a painfully slow processor, so there's not much you can do with it.

3. WikiJason

WikiJason Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Got my first smart phone last October as a present from my parents for having obtained a very prestigious award. They got me a Samsung Galaxy S II.​

4. Corleone

Reputations:
    Cool! That thing is a beast!

5. WikiJason

WikiJason Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    @Etnik It is a pretty cool phone! Thing I love most about it is the GPS navigation. But I'm pretty pissed off at Samsung though. It hasn't really even been 8 months and the already released the new Galaxy phone making mine obsolete. I hate that about electronics these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. Corleone

Reputations:
    They do it all the time now, not only Samsung but pretty much every tech gadget maker. Anyway, the SIII is supposedly gonna be even larger, and that sucks imo. The ideal screen size is 3.5' or 3.7' for me. the SII is a speed beast and if I recall correctly, the SIII will have a quad-core processor and that's insane, I mean, my iPhone 3G has a 400Mhz processor. Things are moving way too fast.

7. cpvr

Reputations:
    What made you chose the iPhone over the others?

8. Corleone

Reputations:
    I didn't have a choice actually. My brother's boss gave it to him, and since he only uses a phone for calling and texting, I took it. XD

9. tldr

tldr New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have an iPhone 4, I love it, the only think I hate about it is how little data my already exuberantly priced plan comes with -_-

10. Moof

Moof Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I switched carriers and got my first smart phone (samsung galaxy s2) at the beginning of the month. It's pretty fun to play with, but I can eat up the battery really fast. ^_^;

11. cpvr

Reputations:
    How's the camera on that? Who's your carrier now?

@Etnik That's always nice. Oh, here's a photo of my phone.
    [​IMG]

12. Angely

Angely Supporter VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    Smartphones are great, it's the data plans you're forced into that are lethal. I wish some government agency would step in and regulate as now the cell phone companies are taking advantage and forcing you into increasingly expensive plans. :(

13. cpvr

Reputations:
    I have unlimited bandwidth. I had to pay an extra $10 a month for it.

14. Angely

Reputations:
    I guess you have Tmobile or something. I have ATT and I pay 30 dollars extra for the two lines I have that are smartphones and I'm about to get another smartphone so another 30 if you want the unlimited one it's like 50-60 dollars per line.

15. cpvr

Reputations:
    No, I'm with Cricket. It's a houston-based company that finally went nationwide. I had t-mobile in the past. We added a line for one of my buddies and he failed to pay, so we just let the bill run up. =X

16. Angely

Reputations:
    Oh man, I hope it didn't ruin your credit. :(

There are a couple locally based companies, but I'm scared of not having service when I need it.

17. cpvr

Reputations:
    It wasn't mine to begin with. It was under my mom's name. =X it ruined hers though.:(
    Ya, Cricket used to be a sucky company years ago. I remember when it first came out, but now its pretty good. I get service pretty much everywhere.

18. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I love smartphones I still have my first one and use it , I got a Htc hero and it's android powered like you'rs, I love them you can't get better than a smartphone

19. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

Reputations:
    I got mine about 4 months ago, bought it offline. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2

20. Lewis

Lewis Corepets owner VPL Staff Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    I got my first smart phone in 2009 when I bought an iPhone 3G. Two months later the iPhone 3GS was released but I didn't think there was anything special about it to upgrade. I waited until the iPhone 4 came out and that's what I still have now. I think I will wait until the next iPhone comes out. I don't see the point in the 4S.

The data plan in UK is quite cheap. I only pay £10 a month for "unlimited" data, 1,000 texts and 100 minutes of calling. The only thing I don't like is how they call it unlimited when they have a fair usage allowance that if I go over 500MB I get charged £1 a day for any more I use and the internet is slowed down.