Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Would you like to become a member of the largest and most successful virtual pets & sim games community on the internet today? We've been opened since 2011 and we're getting very close to having over 9,000 members .who are fans of pet games and sims just like you are. So if playing a pet site or a sim game interests you, then we'd love to have you become a member of our flourishing online community.

1. An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-headAn upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head sim game where you can breed your very own cats Kaylune, a virtual pet site Grophland.com : Breed virtual pets, Play, Explore
    VigLink badge
    Novilar

Find New Virtual Pet Sites, Sim Games or Role Playing games to Play.
    Help vpl reach 10k users by Promoting us - advertise on vpl
    : Virtual Pets Blog - The Admin Effect - Browser games

Fire Everywhere O_O

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alkali Regnant, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Oh gosh anyone else on here from Colorado? Things are getting pretty scary. There are wildfires everywhere! Gosh I've lived here my whole life but things haven't been this bad in a long time. Most of the bad fires we get are in the mountains, and everyone is used to those. But there are fires all over the foothills now! There is a fire ban over most of the state (and huge fines if you break it).... I doubt there's going to be a big 4th of July this year.

I heard that Obama is flying out here... I have no idea why. It'll halt flights, which includes helicopters. Just send us more help, not a handshake!

*sigh*

[​IMG]
    ^ We need some water benders please!

• Like Like x 1
    Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.

2. Is there a heat-advisory in Colorado currently? I know Texas and Florida tend to get a lot of wild fires because of the weather and lack of rain.

3. Was the fire near to your house? D: Be carefullll ><

4. @cpvrcpvr: every summer we have water restrictions and fire bans, but this year is especially bad! We're always in a drought o_O

@bamboo123bamboo123: there isn't one close enough at the moment to be worried about, but it's still early summer. A lot of my friend's families have had to be evacuated from their home though D:

#4 Alkali Regnant, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  5. I hope you are safe D:

6. What are they doing to help fight the fires? Did they bring in helicopters to drop water on these fires? We had a really bad one last year and like 10 houses + a major business got burned to the ground. I hope you stay safe throughout this fire though!!

#6 cpvr, Jun 28, 2012
  7. Yep big 'ol water buckets.
    http://google.org/crisismap/2012_us_wildfires <<< That shows all of them o_O
    The closest one to me is Boulder... we're getting a ton of smoke from there so I can't spend much time outside

8. Oh, my, there's a lot of them. Do they know what's causing the fires though? When our last fire happened, there was smoke everywhere. You could see it in the clouds, and it wasn't a good idea to go outside. So I know exactly how you feel. Wildfires = so crazy.

9. Most of them are from lightning, but some are human error :/

10. Human error - such as starting a fire and not throwing water on it? And dang, so you guys had rough weather recently? =/

How long have these fires been going on? They're all over the news, right?

11. Yep... leaving open campfires, cigarettes, stuff like that. Happens all the time!
    We actually haven't had that many storms, but they do roll through it seems like a new fire starts. We broke the state record last week for most 100+ degree days in a row o_o

About a week for this massive number. We've been starting to get a lot of publicity about it (hence why Obama is coming out here *shakes head*... nothing against him, just that we could really use more helicopters than video cameras)

12. Dang. Are there any warning signs on all those locations though? We're in the 100s as well but we've recently received some rain.
    Ya, you're right. When is Obama planning to touch down there? He'll probably promise more aid.

13. Yep, signs everywhere, fines/jail time... but of course, people are idiots -_-

In the next day or so... not sure where exactly he's planning to touch down though considering the military base he normally uses is evacuated because of the fires. All flights near by need to be grounded when he comes in, so that's just stupid. He's stopping the helicopters from putting out the fires. The only other big airport is DIA, and gosh that'd be a mess grounding all those flights!

14. Ya, people don't learn until they're caught so it seems.

Ah.. Hopefully they find a better solution for it though. How long have these fires been going on? I know when Florida had some, they would last weeks!:(

15. I know we had the first one start about two weeks ago. The one at the military base started earlier this week (or at least got out of control then).
    I remember a few years ago we had a forest fire that lasted for about two months o_O It almost took out my family's cabin

16. Damn, this sucks. Makes me glad that I live in BC (which is pretty wet throughout the year), but we did have fires last summer I believe. I think this year has been colder than all the previous years, so that's why we aren't getting a lot of fires. I hope everything turns out okay for you, @Alkali RegnantAlkali Regnant.<3

#16 Micky, Jun 28, 2012
  17. Aww, I hope everything gets better soon. Keep us updated on the fires though. Do you have any pictures of them or are their any on the web?

18. @NeonNeon: Our fire departments are pretty good about evacuations and keeping people safe :)

@cpvrcpvr: I'm sure you can just google "Colorado Fires" and something will come up XD

#18 Alkali Regnant, Jun 28, 2012
  19. Thanks, I'l do just that. Fires aren't safe as well. Are their a lot of fire-fighters currently fighting them as well? On the ground, etc.

#19 cpvr, Jun 28, 2012
  20. Oh yes a lot of them! With how many fires we get, we have a pretty skilled team of ground and air. Most fires can be contained in a day or so... the larger ones take a week or two.