Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Fire Everywhere O_O

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alkali Regnant, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Alkali Regnant

Alkali Regnant FeatheredCritter Pet Game Owner Web Designer Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    Oh gosh anyone else on here from Colorado? Things are getting pretty scary. There are wildfires everywhere! Gosh I've lived here my whole life but things haven't been this bad in a long time. Most of the bad fires we get are in the mountains, and everyone is used to those. But there are fires all over the foothills now! There is a fire ban over most of the state (and huge fines if you break it).... I doubt there's going to be a big 4th of July this year.

I heard that Obama is flying out here... I have no idea why. It'll halt flights, which includes helicopters. Just send us more help, not a handshake!

*sigh*

[​IMG]
    ^ We need some water benders please!
    Micky likes this.
  2. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Is there a heat-advisory in Colorado currently? I know Texas and Florida tend to get a lot of wild fires because of the weather and lack of rain.
  3. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Was the fire near to your house? D: Be carefullll ><
  4. Alkali Regnant

Alkali Regnant FeatheredCritter Pet Game Owner Web Designer Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    @cpvr: every summer we have water restrictions and fire bans, but this year is especially bad! We're always in a drought o_O

@bamboo123: there isn't one close enough at the moment to be worried about, but it's still early summer. A lot of my friend's families have had to be evacuated from their home though D:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  5. Jammybee

Jammybee Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I hope you are safe D:
  6. cpvr

Reputations:
    What are they doing to help fight the fires? Did they bring in helicopters to drop water on these fires? We had a really bad one last year and like 10 houses + a major business got burned to the ground. I hope you stay safe throughout this fire though!!
  7. Alkali Regnant

Reputations:
    Yep big 'ol water buckets.
    http://google.org/crisismap/2012_us_wildfires <<< That shows all of them o_O
    The closest one to me is Boulder... we're getting a ton of smoke from there so I can't spend much time outside
  8. cpvr

Reputations:
    Oh, my, there's a lot of them. Do they know what's causing the fires though? When our last fire happened, there was smoke everywhere. You could see it in the clouds, and it wasn't a good idea to go outside. So I know exactly how you feel. Wildfires = so crazy.
  9. Alkali Regnant

Reputations:
    Most of them are from lightning, but some are human error :/
  10. cpvr

Reputations:
    Human error - such as starting a fire and not throwing water on it? And dang, so you guys had rough weather recently? =/

How long have these fires been going on? They're all over the news, right?
  11. Alkali Regnant

Reputations:
    Yep... leaving open campfires, cigarettes, stuff like that. Happens all the time!
    We actually haven't had that many storms, but they do roll through it seems like a new fire starts. We broke the state record last week for most 100+ degree days in a row o_o

About a week for this massive number. We've been starting to get a lot of publicity about it (hence why Obama is coming out here *shakes head*... nothing against him, just that we could really use more helicopters than video cameras)
  12. cpvr

Reputations:
    Dang. Are there any warning signs on all those locations though? We're in the 100s as well but we've recently received some rain.
    Ya, you're right. When is Obama planning to touch down there? He'll probably promise more aid.
  13. Alkali Regnant

Reputations:
    Yep, signs everywhere, fines/jail time... but of course, people are idiots -_-

In the next day or so... not sure where exactly he's planning to touch down though considering the military base he normally uses is evacuated because of the fires. All flights near by need to be grounded when he comes in, so that's just stupid. He's stopping the helicopters from putting out the fires. The only other big airport is DIA, and gosh that'd be a mess grounding all those flights!
  14. cpvr

Reputations:
    Ya, people don't learn until they're caught so it seems.

Ah.. Hopefully they find a better solution for it though. How long have these fires been going on? I know when Florida had some, they would last weeks!:(
  15. Alkali Regnant

Reputations:
    I know we had the first one start about two weeks ago. The one at the military base started earlier this week (or at least got out of control then).
    I remember a few years ago we had a forest fire that lasted for about two months o_O It almost took out my family's cabin
  16. Micky

Micky Always online, ping me! [Mythflow] Moderator Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    Damn, this sucks. Makes me glad that I live in BC (which is pretty wet throughout the year), but we did have fires last summer I believe. I think this year has been colder than all the previous years, so that's why we aren't getting a lot of fires. I hope everything turns out okay for you, @Alkali Regnant.<3
  17. cpvr

Reputations:
    Aww, I hope everything gets better soon. Keep us updated on the fires though. Do you have any pictures of them or are their any on the web?
  18. Alkali Regnant

Reputations:
    @Neon: Our fire departments are pretty good about evacuations and keeping people safe :)

@cpvr: I'm sure you can just google "Colorado Fires" and something will come up XD
  19. cpvr

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'l do just that. Fires aren't safe as well. Are their a lot of fire-fighters currently fighting them as well? On the ground, etc.
  20. Alkali Regnant

Reputations:
    Oh yes a lot of them! With how many fires we get, we have a pretty skilled team of ground and air. Most fires can be contained in a day or so... the larger ones take a week or two.