Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Firefox 13

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evolution, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

join misticpets, support vpl
  2. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Chrome for the win. I haven't used Firefox in a long time.:laugh:
  3. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

I solely use Chrome, but for firefox I use for website testing basically.
  4. jakdacrowe

jakdacrowe Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I haven't used Firefox in a while. Chrome FTW!
    Gawds. I used to remember when it was faster. @_@
    Gabby likes this.
  5. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair New Member VPL Member

I use Rockmelt, which is just Chrome with some nifty bars on the side to let me know when certain favorite websites have updated. I can turn off these 'bars' and then it'll just look like Chrome all over again.

I only use Firefox to play games that Chrome or Rockmelt can't load, like Kongregate.
  6. Nova

Nova New Member VPL Member

I like the new smooth scrolling; bout time too since Chrome has had it forver.
    Gabby likes this.
  7. electric_blue_kirby

electric_blue_kirby Co-Owner Administrator

Voice 1:

I've had no issue loading things on Kongregate, or any other Flash content, while using Chrome. Is it only particular games? Otherwise, something sounds wrong on your end.
  8. vanillaeclair

There is actually! I can't even load Chrome's store for apps and it even gives me the red screen if I go on their own sites like Google or Gmail. Silly right? Apparently it had to do with my laptop's clock, but I've tried again and again to fix it.. Alas, to no avail. So I'm stuck with this method of jumping through browsers until I get a new laptop.
  9. electric_blue_kirby

Voice 1:

I'm guessing you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and disabling your extensions/plugins. You're right, it's odd for something like that to be the result of a clock. Is the clock out of sync?
  10. vanillaeclair

Aaalll those, even as far as downloading software and inputting codes that was supposed to make everything okay. I was even so close to formatting my entire computer!

I know, it was really hard for me to believe that the problem was actually my clock but this answer just showed up in a ton of forums. I'm not sure if my laptop clock is out of sync or not anymore - I hitch it up to sync with different internet clocks to just help get it right, and even manually tried to fix it (staring at the internet clock and clicking OK when the time is right).
  11. electric_blue_kirby

Voice 1:

Reformatting seems like a bit of a hassle for something that would only possibly help. Is it all Flash content that doesn't work?
  12. vanillaeclair

Hmm, my Chrome is really picky. Some flash games work, some don't. Like Kongregate. It hates Kongregate, but it likes Newgrounds for some odd reason.
  13. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

The biggest peeve about Firefox 13 is how Google Toolbar isn't compatible with it. It's very annoying. *sighs*

I've been contemplating moving over to Chrome, but I remember Firefox before it became famous. That was around the time Mozilla had a browser just called "Mozilla" lol.

Anyway, it's hard thinking of letting it go. I'm sentimental to it.. A lot of memories, y'know? D:
  14. electric_blue_kirby

Voice 1:

@vanillaeclair

It's particularly baffling that it's not even consistent. There's a few other vague guesses I could make that might alleviate something, but you've probably tried all of it already. Well, at least you have a workaround for now.

@Gabby

I was partial to Firefox right up until the moment I tried Chrome and saw all my issues with Firefox solved, and a return to the very reason I first moved to Firefox. If you really want to be thorough, spending a few days or a week using alternative browsers ought to give you some perspective. It's why I keep the latest version of four major browsers around, anyway.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013