Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Florida lifeguard fired for rescuing drowning man

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 4, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

The Lifeguard was only doing his job, and he gets fired for rescuing a drowning man? What type of rules do they have these days?

Source: http://now.msn.com/now/0704-florida-lifeguard-fired?ocid=todnow11

Since I used to work in the lifeguard business years ago, I know we're trained to help anyone - especially if they're at the risk of drowning. What does everyone think about this? Is his company liable for this?

What does everyone think about this?
  2. Mutationification

Mutationification Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

That would have looked fantastic on the company had it gone the other way.
    "I didn't rescue him because my employee said he was out of my area and to just let him drown."

Yeah.
    Would have went great.

Massive applause for the lifeguard with a real set of balls.
  3. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

Wow that is horrible, he saved a persons life and yet they do this to him. :\
  4. Cakes1991

Cakes1991 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I hope he gets his job back and is compensated for all the time the had him off work...that's sick! :/
  5. Micky

Micky Always online, ping me! [Mythflow] Moderator Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

This is how it starts. :|

"You do what I tell you to do and ignore everything else."

And to think there are people out there who would have listened to their boss and not saved another person's life...
  6. hunter214

hunter214 New Member VPL Member

I really can't understand the logic of these kinds of companies. I mean, sure he went out of his designated zone or whatever, but in order to save a person's life. Isn't that what they hired him to do in the first place? I mean, who cares if that company fired him. He did the right thing to do. And that was a good clue on the kind of management that company has, obviously they don't care for other peoples lives.

I wonder though, can't he sue that company for firing him? They were definitely out of line, in my opinion.
  7. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Regards of the whole situation, the boss is wrong. As a lifeguard, it is your duty to help people and save them. I'm sure this lifeguard won't have a hard time finding a new job.
    @hunter214 I know I would, and hopefully he does.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  8. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

Especially that one I think because he saved a life.