Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

found this in my junk mail...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liz, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Liz

Liz Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

found this in my junk mail...
    Subject: Your account has received an infraction
    Size: 2898

is this a scam? i do not even know jagex.
  2. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

It looks like a junk email from a RuneScape phisher.
    Take a look at what I found here. Apparently you're not the only one.
    I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt it's legitimate.
  3. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Banned Pet Game Owner Banned

I got something like that a while ago saying I needed to update my account details on the site, so I researched what it was cause I wasn't sure if I'd joined the site or not, I'd heard of it though. Anyway Norton alerted me to say it was a phishy (ha!) site. So I collected the stuff together and found a contact for Runescape and posted it to them to say how basically this is going on etc. Thought it would be helpful :)
  4. Gabby

Good pun :laugh:
    And good call :)

How many times does this company spam you? Or was it that one time?
  5. Liz

Liz Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

okay thank you every one :)
    Gabby likes this.
  6. SpunkiSpirou

I had it once about a year ago, couldn't tell you which email it was, it weren't my main one though. I was just doing a sweep of the other to clean them up, like when I go through my ebay accounts.
  7. Gabby

Oooh I gotcha. :) You have quite a lot of multiple accounts O-O xD
  8. sidorak95

sidorak95 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I find a lot of these in my spam and I find that this website is a helpful resource in finding if something is a phisher or not.
  9. Gabby

No problem, hehe. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you, okay? :)

@sidorak95 Helpful link :3 Thank you, I've bookmarked it.
  10. SpunkiSpirou

I don't think there's a limit on how many email accounts you can have? If there is I missed that bit of info XD

I've got 20 email accounts, 7 ebay accounts, (only 1 is for buying, the other 6 exist purely for watching items - which is ebays fault for only allowing 200 items to be watched on an account) 3 DA accounts, X Neopets accounts, (they accused me of this when I spent years on my original so I thought fine I'll make multis now) 2 Evony accounts, 2 Facebooks (me and my fursona acc).

I can't think of anymore, and those are all the ones on file 'Acc and Pw 2012' so thats about as up to date as its gonna get.

Actually there was 2 Goatling accounts but technically 1 of them is a lost cause.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  11. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

@Liz Most of the time emails like this hit your spam box. When in doubt, don't read it, or click it, just delete it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  12. Gabby

Oh, I don't care how many accounts you have. xDD I think I have more than that, honestly, lol! I just brought it up curiously - I have a lot of email accounts because I went through a lot of phases. How about you? Do you just do a lot of business or went through a lot of phases also?
    Haha, I was just about to ask about dA. xD That's interesting, though. I can't remember how many dA accounts I have.. I think I have more than one but I've only had access to the one I have now, so I'm not sure.

Lost cause? How come?
  13. SpunkiSpirou

The very first ones were under Max Bandicoot, then I went to hotmail and made a load of Manic Love ones. When Dragon Wintermoon came to be, that was on both types (yahoo and hotmail), SpunkiSpirou I think is Yahoo only. Then I made a load using as many alternatives of my name that I could. And then I've got random ones that no one can trace me back to - aka private ones. I can go back to most of the old ones because the passwords were logged in like my notebooks (I used to keep a notebook with me to write stuff in).

I have the former SpunkySpyro one, last seen like 90weeks ago (I added it to my main one, I don't actually know the password for it). And then there's my main one, where I put up my 'art' which is mainly photography. And then the other one is for Fav'ing art.

When I made it, I was told that you could change your username after joining, so I signed up as 'Manic' (attempting to revive Manic Love) and then I couldn't find how to do it change the username bit so I sent a message to Krisgoat about how to do that. And then I was clicking around on the site and suddenly my system went off completely.

What had happened was the power station had a surge happen and the line we were on cut out, and this system is plugged into the mains because the battery broke (and I can't be asked to replace it). So when the power cut happened, system went straight off. The password for the 'Manic' account was written on a notepad, the notepad wasn't saved (yet), and Windows can't recover notepad files if it crashes.

And the email for it was a newly created one, and even though it was entered on the 'Acc and Pw 2012' I hadn't saved changes to that file, so that was lost as well.

So I started again and just mailed Krisgoat what had happened.