1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

FREE World Map*

Discussion in 'Services' started by kami, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kami

kami Moderator Moderator VPL Member

Reputations:
    *Obviously with a catch xP

FREE World Map!
    [​IMG]

This world map /could/ be yours! Or anyone's for that matter. But I won't just hand it out to the first person who posts nor to the person who guesses a random number. In fact, ya'll will have to work for it.

If you want this map or know someone who wants it, then tell me about it. But you gotta follow the rules.

---XXX---

#1 You or the person you know MUST have a site, either in development or 'completed' (quotes as no site is ever complete).
    #2 Your reasons must be honest and legitimate.
    #3 Do not turn around and resell the map (this includes making up a fake dev site just to get it). I'm giving this away for free to people and sites who need it, taking that away from them is cruel and unethical.

I must see /some/ potential in the site. I won't just give it to a site that I don't see going anywhere. It would be unfair to those who really need it for it to go to waste.

Do NOT suck up to me, however cute and appreciating it is, it won't make you win. (You're welcome to do it anyway, as it makes me smile c: )

---XXX---

So, tell me about yourself, your site, when you started working on it, what it's about, your goals (short and/or long), why you want the map, what you would do with the map, etc.

If you're wanting it for a friend, tell me about them, their site, when it started, what it's about, their goals (short and/or long), etc. Don't be afraid to get your friend on here and have them fight for it as well.

I'd love to hear stories about you/your friend and their history in the pet site world as well. Tell me all you can, you might end up saying something that makes me want to pick you.

I'm looking for DETAILED answers to the above. I'm not accepting one sentence answers. Grammar and decent syntax would be appreciated as well. You are also welcome to come back and EDIT your post! Don't just post multiple times in a row, add on to your original, clean it up, make it neat, etc.

Multiple people can all work together to get the image for any particular site as long as they follow the rules and all the above. Having multiple people fight for a site does NOT increase that site's chances of winning. One person can easily win over multiple people. It just depends on what is said.

---XXX---

Now, the image above (without watermarks, of course) is not all you get. I'm willing to add/edit a few things as well all for FREE. Granted, the changes and/or additions must be small and/or minimal. I will also join in on the site and happily share my advice and knowledge that I have learned from over the years to help you make your site even better.

I currently have no end date to this 'competition' as I don't know how much interest there will be in this map. However when I do decide on an end date, I will bump this thread up with the date so you can prepare your post for my final review.

TLDR: If you didn't read the above, then you shouldn't bother entering.

Romany likes this.
  2. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    good luck to people who enter this! :D It's so nice of you to do this Kami :D

3. Tantra

Tantra New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I was seriously thinking on biding on this I really liked it, and using it for other worlds on my site, but now having bad issues in my life and not sure if I will be able to even work on my site now for awhile or ever. Good luck for whoever gets this. This is super sweet of you Kami.

4. santamynana

santamynana CEO of MoonFire Gaming LTD VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    this is very nice of you kami

Good luck everyone

5. Drea

Drea Approved Writer Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    YO KAMI I THINK YOU SHOULD DONATE IT TO AWESOMEPETS CAUSE WE BE AWESOME

Just kidding just kidding. Good luck finding somebody who will take care of that baby. : )

6. kami

Reputations:
    AWESOMEPETS SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME PLACE FOR MY AWESOME MAP YOU AUTO AWESOMEWIN!

Thanks everyone.

@Tantra, you're welcome to try to win it since I'm not selling anymore. Hopefully things work out so you can keep your site <3

And just a general @Everyone, this 'competition' will always be open until someone wins. So if no one tries out for months on end, this will still be available c:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  7. Tantra

Reputations:
    @kami, I may be selling my site. I don't want to, but the funds would help out my family to have extra money. I will be living in a motel after awhile and that gets expensive. But if I don't here from the person who previously offered, I will just get back to the site later on, because I won't have the funds to work on it for awhile. Also, if I end up keeping the site, later on I can always commission you to make me a different map.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  8. kami

Reputations:
    So I've heard. I really hope things work out for you, both with the funds and the site. You never know, this map might still be available, but if not, I'll be happy to accept the commission c:
    Best of luck!

9. Tantra

Reputations:
    Well the buyer got back to me, and they wanted to make it complicated and talk on the phone with me and write up this contract. I don't have time for such things, I am about to be kicked out of my home anytime now and need to pack fast and get out of here. So I will be keeping my site and get back to it eventually after this crisis is over with.

I will be interested in the map then. It will be for Akaskaen Forest, a site about worlds in another dimension. so this map would be sort of like a world within a world. I don't know what else to say.... well good luck to all of those who enter.

10. kami

Reputations:
    You can let me know the details when you're settled (unless this one is still available and you would rather have this one. All up to you c: ).

11. Tantra

Reputations:
    Yeah may sell my site after all now, don't know yet.

12. kami

Reputations:
    I guess for extra incentive, I can throw in a free avatar as well to either go with the world map or whatever else you would like.

Also: BUMP

13. kami

Reputations:
    Bumping this up as this is also posted on PSU (Pro Sim Union) so the winner could be from either forum (here or there).

14. Yasmin Down

Yasmin Down New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I don't have my own site, but this little world sure does look great (and happy, pahaha :p). Come to think of it, I need to practice drawing maps and worlds and such.

15. kami

Reputations:
    Teehee, looking at other world maps is what inspired me to make my own xD

I got an offer on PSU! I don't have any date to end this, but just letting you all know in case you are interested!

16. Ghost

Ghost New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Very cool map. Good luck to whoever enters!

17. kami

Reputations:
    Thank you :)

/bumpin' up

18. kami

Reputations:
    Been a few days, figured it was bump up time again.

REMEMBER WHAT YOU COULD GET:
    -World Map (With minor edits)
    -Me as a member to help you with your site (For as long as you want/As long as I can)

EDIT: Also throwing in a free item for whoever wins the map!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  19. kami

Reputations:
    Week old bump :p

20. bishtmaster

bishtmaster New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Amazing world for amazing people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.