1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

Goal of losing 100 pounds, progress thread

Discussion in 'Health' started by cpvr, Jun 6, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Well, I wrote up a blog post last week about my goal to lose 100 pounds, and well, since I'm currently not able to work out because of my surgery, but I do have a before and after picture ready.

I've lost about 20-30 pounds since I got my gym membership, but this was because of the cardio, weights, sauna, and hot tub. I use the sauna after cardio and weights because it helps relax your muscles, and it also burns calories. So when I do cardio, I tend to do 30-40 minutes(elliptical), which looks like this:

So, this picture was taken last year, before I started working out, and dieting.(350 pounds)
    [​IMG]

Can you see the difference? I still have a lot more to do, but I believe in myself, and with my iPod, and support group, I can do this!

And yes, it is perfectly "normal" to lose 35 pounds in a month. Read about that on ehow

How are your weight lost goals coming along?
    I'm now at 306.8 pounds. ^.^

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. rontifu

rontifu Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I.... don't have a plan, or even a 'goal' right now.

I know that if I ate better, I would go under the 200 pound mark easily.

I'm now at 215-220, but I eat fast food 'bout 3-4 times a week.

I'm guessing it's good. eating whatever I want and not really gaining that much weight. and I'm not really the active guy, I hate sport with a passion :p

3. cpvr

Reputations:
    What type of foods do you tend to eat? Do you count the calories that you intake as well?

4. rontifu

rontifu Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Not at all. Calories counting is like Chinese to me XD

I eat a lot of pasta. Rice too. I'm not having balanced meals at all.

'bout 1-2 times a week, I get myself a poutine, which is Quebec's junk food. Essentially, it's French Fries with Cheese Curds and Gravy. I'm always taking Extra cheese and with either Sausages or Smoked Meat in it.

Then, there's my weekly McDonalds. I tend to spend 15-20 bucks for my meal at McDonalds, which is a LOT.

that's 'bout it. I know I eat very badly, and I know that if I ate healthy more (more meat, vegetables, etc), I'd lose weight without doing effort. I'm just going with what is cheap right now, times are a bit tough. And sadly, what is cheap is also not good for health.

5. cpvr

Reputations:
    @rontifu I used to eat at McDonalds daily - eating 2 to 4 hot n spy - which are 450 calories each, so I was really killing my body by eating those. I don't eat fast food anymore, and I do, I'm going with the fish sandwiches without any tartar sauce. Ya, what's cheap is fast food, but if you like fish, you could change your eating habits pretty fast because Fish is more healthy than anything else that McDonalds is serving.

You could also look into the "Chunky" soaps, not sure if they have it in your country, but its worth looking at. The cans taste pretty good, and has 2 servings in one, but basically, those two serving equal out to 400 calories, and it fills you up, so its a win.

Have you tried eating yogurts in the morning instead of going to fast food? Then have your larger meals for lunch/dinner, but dinner should be smaller than the lunch, because you might be going to be right after. But if you eat at like 5 PM, you should be fine. Because, if you eat too much calories in a day, those calories turn into fat, thus, increasing your weight.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. Peanut

Peanut Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Wow good for you for wanting to get healthy :)
    I'm considered anorexic with the whole body fat, height, and weight, but that is absolutey absurd.. I was absolutely offended when they told me that. I exercise on the treadmill only 3-4 times a week since I can't afford to lose 10 Ibs or I would be in bad condition. But I gave up fast food over 2 years ago along with meat since I have gastric issues with certain food and my body could not feel anymore healthier :)

7. Gwonk

Gwonk New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Wow good job, keep it up!

8. cpvr

Reputations:
    Thank you very much. It's been a rough road for me[mentally-wise] because of everything that's been going on, and the gym is my escape from reality, and I try my best to get in as much time there as possible. I can't lift any weights for two weeks, though, so that's going to be tough, but I'll just stick with Cardio, the bike or something because the butterfly-stiches are still in me, so I have to take it easy.

Let me guess, you get heart-burn sometimes as well? I'm so glad I don't have to deal with the pain from my gallbladder anymore, since it was removed.

The thing is, since they said that, you could eat more foods that are prone to help you gain weight - like a few protein shakes a day, some fruits, etc. You're not anorexic because you're skinny, that's stupid. I can't believe a doctor told you that(did they?).

And in fact, in order to maintain the weight, you have to eat your weight x 10. So, if I wanted to stick at 315 pounds, I'd have to intake 3150 or so calories a day.

So, if you want to gain weight, then do weight x 20, and find out how many calories it is.

EDIT: It's 10 calories per pound
    http://dcristo.hubpages.com/hub/Healthy-High-Calorie-Diet-Plan-To-Gain-Weight
    Now for losing the weight, calories wise:
    Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/406013-what-to-consume-calorie-wise-to-lose-weight-daily/

Hope that helps others watching this thread, as well as posting here.:thumbup:

9. Peanut

Peanut Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Oh wow that is very helpful information.
    I weight 104 Ibs so to maintain my weight, I would have to eat 1,040 calories? I eat around 800 a day probably. If I eat more than that, my stomach fricking hurts so bad.
    And my ribs usually get very large and it's difficult to breathe and sit properly.
    I get major heartburn. I have acid reflux as well and my small bowel is very deteriated (SP). It never ends. But I've gotten a lot of medication that helps. I just never take it because I want to be a regular normal person that can just.. eat and drink whatever they want without worrying about side effects D: That's a dream that will never come true though :p

So to gain weight, I would have to eat 2,080 calories??? :O HOLY CRAP!!! I could NEVER do that. D: I would explode.
    No they took my weight, height, and my body fat on my body (percentage wise) and the chart they have says I'm underweight and not normal. My sister is around normal, but still a tad underweight. But she has the best body not that I envy her or anything XD JK.

10. cpvr

Reputations:
    The thing is you could get those calories from "milkshakes", "yogurts", and other things. I snack on those throughout the day. I have major heart-burn as well, there's a hernia in me that causes that. Ya, to maintain your weight, you would have to eat 1,040 calories.

Well, I believe that's the same formula to gain weight - because you change the 10 to 20, since you want to gain it, instead of lose it. All you have to do is start slow, increase your calories by 100-200 a day, and go from there, so that you don't get the pain in your stomach, are you sure it isn't because of your gall-bladder though?

11. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    @cpvr
    I think it's awesome you are doing this Carlos. It sounds like you have a really firm grasp on how to get the weight down effectively and safely! I wish you the best of luck keep us all updated about your progress :)

I'm working on losing weight but I dont really have any goals in mind and I try very hard not to focus on actual numbers etc... Next time I see a scale I'll weigh myself so I can join in with all this.

12. Loomi

Loomi Approved Artist Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    You can already see a difference :) Keep up the good work!

I finally got my cross trainer working again so I'm back on that every night in a hopeful workout. I don't weigh myself so I guess we'll see if I am successful if I drop a dress size!

13. cpvr

Reputations:
    Thank you. And I always wanted to start something "inspiring and motivating" here, and this is it!:thumbup:
    and I'll keep you guys updated on my progress throughout my journey to drop these 100 pounds. Well, I don't step on the scale all the time, I only weigh myself once a week, or every two weeks, to see where I actually stand. Actual numbers don't really matter if you know how much to take in, and how much not to. Such as, taking a big bowl of cereal, turn that into a "small bowl", and then eat a snack about an hour or two after that, because your stomach may be craving for more food, and that's expected - especially in weight lose, because your stomach is getting smaller, and is taking in less food than before, but don't worry, your body will adapt sooner or later.

Thank you very much. What was wrong with your cross trainer? Do you have a picture of it by any chance?

14. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    It's great your doing so well so far =].

I haven't noticed much of a drop in my weight since I quit the majority of my soda consumption (this week for one or two days was the exception because when I'm sick, all I crave is sugar and soda has a ton in it so I had some ^^' ). My friends have a bit but I don't think it's much x'D. Once school is over (next week Tuesday officially since my exams will be done) everyone in my house is going on a diet so we can all lose weight together. My mom wants to do the Atkins diet because she was able to lose a lot of weight on it for her one surgery(around 75 lbs I think she lost doing it)but for me, I'm doing a modified version of the diet along with exercising through out the summer and stuff. Even my best friend is gonna go on the diet with me to lose weight x3.

15. Peanut

Peanut Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I am lactose intolerant and I never want to take the time to make a milkshake when I could grab a banana with some toast or some grapes with my eggs :) Just me being lazy I guess LOL.
    I do buy this ridiculously expensive lactose free ice cream, but when I look at the calories it has listed, I start to get depressed and put it away because my gut feeling starts like burning.. like I'll feel terribly guilty for eating it when I could eat something healthier. But that's how I grew up so it's kind of hard to get out D:
    The bad thing is is that all sweets to gain weight has milk in them and the ones without milk or gluten free are TERRIBLE. They taste so nasty XD

Actually.. you're the fourth person who has mentioned my gall-bladder to me.. I should get the doctor's to check that out. I've had stomach pains for around 4 years.. well since I was born, but they've increased dramatically over the past few years. Does gall-bladder issues make your bowels slow down?? Or hard to digest food?

16. Loomi

Loomi Approved Artist Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @cpvr, Don't have a photo, sorry! It's just a cheap one I bought after I saw an ad in the newspaper :) The belt had started to come off inside and it was making odd noises / smelt like burning, so we took it apart and fixed it up.

17. cpvr

Reputations:
    Thank you so much, and I understand completely what you're talking about, Soda is addicting, which is why I switched to Crystal Light, and Green tea packets thanks to @Vermillion and @Claws The Atkins diet is real good, I agree, and with your family being in support of the diet, you should be fine.:biggrin:

Sherbit ice cream is the best for this, its low in calories, and not high in fat like other ice-creams.
    and put it away because my gut feeling starts like burning.. like I'll feel terribly guilty for eating it when I could eat something healthier. But that's how I grew up so it's kind of hard to get out D:
    The bad thing is is that all sweets to gain weight has milk in them and the ones without milk or gluten free are TERRIBLE. They taste so nasty XD[/quote]
    That burning could be heart-burn related, or it could be your gall-bladder, I had real bad pains in my stomach before the surgery, and the burn was so bad, it choked the shit out of me, so I had to get the gall-bladder removed, and since then, my heart-burn has been getting better as well.

Yes, you should get that checked out as soon as possible. Tell the doctor to check for "gall stones" or "Sludge" inside your gall-bladder, they will have to do Ultrasounds in order to find those(if you have them). And yes, the gall-bladder causes slowness in your body, and makes it hard to digest food, I'm not entirely sure about the bowels slowing down though because I didn't have that issue.

18. Peanut

Peanut Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Does it have milk in it? I don't know anyone who sells lactose free ice cream besides in Vanilla flavor unless it's Organic. Which is pretty low in calories too.. but completely tasteless.

Oh hmm that's good to know. No my gut burned because of the guilt before eating it XD And I usually ended up putting it back in the freezer. Like I did yesterday because my sister wasn't eating any with me this time so I felt guilty and put it back. Usually when my sister eats sweets with me, it's easier for me to accept them.

This stuff is good to know. I'll discuss it with my parents tonight. I know my mom wanted the doctors to check it out, but I've never told the doctors to check for it. Although I would of thought they would by know now that I'm thinking about it.

19. cpvr

Reputations:
    I know exactly what you mean by the guilt though, it happens to me sometimes as well.

I think it does have a little bit of milk in it, but this place knows more than me:
    http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/food-facts/sherbet-vs-sorbet.htm
    And you're very welcome, I hope you can find the help that you need. You'll need to get ahold of a doctor, then they'll probably report you to a surgeon after that, if it is indeed your gallbladder acting up.

It's all good in the neighborhood!

20. Drea

Drea Approved Writer Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Woww o-o nice drop there : ) Congrats!

I've got nothing new to report about my current diet or anything, though. :c *bip*