Welcome to Virtual Pet List

Wanting to the biggest Virtual Pet forum on then net? Feel free to sign up today.

1. join a spooky virtual pet game! VigLink badge An upcoming virtual pet site that's owned by one of our moderators, Pepper-head If you're a fan of cats and breeding them, then this sim game is designed just for you
    Icepets

Find new virtual pet sites sim games or role playing games to play.
    Other websites that we own: virtual pets blog - Admin Forum
    Paladore is now under new management

HA background art advice - share with me!

Discussion in 'Art/Writing General' started by Hituro, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Hituro

Hituro Supporter
    Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Showcase Items:
    So I know some of you have experience with background images for Human Avatar systems. I was wondering how you approach these? Do you draw them in a different style to the foreground images, so as not to swamp them? Do you have more or less detail? Do you keep to a restricted palate, or intensity level? How do you cope with the fact that the HA is almost certainly slap bang in the center of focus for whatever background you are trying to do?

Questions like that

Your banner/button can be located here for an entire month or year, please see our advertising on virtualpetlist thread for more information.
  2. Ixyra

Ixyra Approved Artist
    Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

It's a background meant to enhance the character - personally I would use less contrast, less color-movement, slightly less rendering detail, but definitely keep the same style to make it look like it's part of the overall image. No lineart would make the character pop out a lot more, but then you run the risk of having it look like it's floating in space (if the avatar is lined).

thats my personal feel on it :)