1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL is looking to hire 2-3 new moderators to help our flourishing community. If you're interested, then please see this thread VPL seeking moderators

Has anyone ever stolen something from you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Apr 24, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    In life there's sometimes people that want to steal from you for whatever reason. Could be friends or could be family, so have you ever had anything stolen from your purse/wallet?

If so, what happened?

So, have you ever had something stolen from you?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  2. diaz

diaz New Member VPL Member Approved Artist

Reputations:
    I had a Ps2, several games and a memory card stolen from me before.
    Apparently, the robber had good taste in games! xP

And do vending machines that don't give you what you want counts as being stolen from? Then a lot of my money has been stolen rofl.

3. que

que Member VPL Member Approved Artist VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    stealing is an ultimate form of disrespect. god help anyone if i catch them stealing from me in my own house, especially. That being said, I've only ever had my complete set of pokemon cards stolen from me when I was about 9 years old.

i know who did it, and the dude is now 350 pounds and balding in his moms basement.

karrmaa.

4. shiinxa

shiinxa Member VPL Member Approved Artist

Reputations:
    stealing is absolutely horrible:/
    but ive never been stolen from... unless you count when i was 8 years old and all my classmates kept stealing my stationary and claiming it was theirs... haha
    i cant imagine how it would feel to have something major stolen :/

5. Moonlight

Moonlight Member VPL Member Web Designer Approved Artist

Reputations:
    Not really? :3

6. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    Yes, I have had a couple of birds that I breed stolen.

7. Micky

Micky Always online, ping me! [Mythflow] Moderator VPL Member Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    Got about... 5 to 10 memory sticks stolen in my 3 years in high school -_____- The most recent one that got stolen had a whole lot of school work, art, writing, and more in it. BLARG. Other people also steal my stationaries especially erasers and this type of three colored pen where there's also a mechanical pencil included... the ones I got overseas from Taiwan... eh. I got used to the whole thing already >>

8. Gabby

Gabby Active Member VPL Member Former VPL Staff

Reputations:
    Yeah. -__- I hate remembering that though.</3

How did you guys handle it?

@Evolution you breed birds? What kind? :3 That's epic.

9. Stardust

Stardust Member VPL Member Approved Artist

Reputations:
    Oh yes. I got my iPhone earplugs, make-up and cash stolen (a total worth of about $135) a couple of months ago at a place I thought was 'safe'. See, I was at my ex's place (my boyfriend at the time) with one of my best friends (let's call her Amy in this post) and her boyfriend one night. We had a few shots, talked, laughed and played poker/various card games (quite unsuccessfully, hah) for maybe two hours or so. The same night a really good friend and classmate of Amy was at a nearby pub with two of their other classmates, so we decided to invite them over. I hadn't met these two other girls before, but they seemed alright, and it was a pleasure to meet Amy's friend again. At some point, my ex and I were in one room and my best friend and her boyfriend were in another room (with the doors closed, so we weren't aware of what was going on in the other rooms), and the other girls were alone in the kitchen/living room. I don't think we noticed that they had left until we woke up the next morning. Anyway, I decided to go and get a bit fresh and went to take out my make-up bag in my bag. That's when I noticed that it was gone! I wondered if I had forgotten it at home, which I could've (but I couldn't find it anywhere when I got home) - so I asked everyone that had slept there if they had seen it, which they hadn't. I then noticed that my earplugs and some cash was gone, and Amy and her boyfriend noticed that they missed an iPhone charger and some cash. Amy decided to phone her friends to see if they knew anything about the missing stuff or if they had, in their drunken state, accidentally taken stuff with them - but no one said that they knew something.

Since we had lost quite a bit of money and stuff we really wanted to get back we decided that we should meet, all seven of us, to discuss it. We had hoped that the person who had stolen the stuff from us would give everything back - there were several opportunities where the person could've just put it in my friend's locker and given her a note or something - but when nothing was ever returned. We were fairly certain of who it was, but we thought it was best to not confront anyone in particular. After a second or third meeting we decided that we'd split the cost between all seven of us (just because it wasn't just $10 or so), only that the girls should pay a bit more. So after about 1.5-2 months of wait and frustration I got about $90 of it back.

I wish I never have to go through something similar again. It wasn't just hard and horrible to lose some of the make-up items I had bought online (which I can't buy anywhere in my country), cash and feel so "cheated on", sad, angry, frustrated and dumb - but it was also absolutely awful to know that one (or more) of these girls had done this to us and that we had to make innocent people in the group pay for the stolen goods. I'm glad that this event didn't have a huge impact on the relationship between me, Amy and her friend. I can't say that the trust between me and the two other girls is shattered, since we're all trying to just let it stay in the past, but I'd definitely be more careful now! I also hope none of you get to experience this :/

10. cpvr

Reputations:
    Some students during high school would just bust into lockers and steal phones, iPods and everything else. What's even worse is when people would say "I'll hold your stuff in my locker", then bam, someone steals from that locker. It's all bullcrap.

11. Forever Young

Forever Young New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    My friends know not to steal from me as I basically will give anyone what they want if they ask.

I go to a boarding school and my roommate stole my debit card and charged $300 bucks to it.
    He got expelled from school and i took legal action.

12. cpvr

Reputations:
    One thing that I hate is when one of my lighters come up missing. That's the only thing that seems to get stolen from me as of late.

13. Distracted

Distracted That green thing in the corner VPL Member Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    The only thing I really consider having been stolen from me was about $100 when I had gone to some theme park a few years back.

I was standing in line at a restaurant and didn't realize someone pickpocketed me. (I had this odd little coin purse it was in that I'd had in my jacket pocket, it and everything else was gone; I had never had trouble keeping things in those pockets either)

14. monkey

monkey Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I had my bike stolen from me a few years ago. They were so stupid, they came back the next day to steal another bike but we saw them and they got scared and ran off.

15. Branik

Branik Member VPL Member Pet Game Owner Approved Artist

Reputations:
    When I was 18 my apartment was robbed. They stole clothes, my cassettes (over $800 worth), my stereo, my bowling ball, my prom glasses, even my prom picture (wtf would they do with that?). Basically everything that they could carry. Getting wiped out when you barely have anything because you are starting out really blows. Huge setback and worse they took things that were worthless but memories for me that couldn't be replaced, like the prom photo and glasses.

Over the years I've had things stolen, but never on that scale. Once someone stole our broken weedeater and then came by our house and tried to sell it to us. *rolls eyes* Just last summer some asshat stole the red lens off our truck for the taillight. How pathetic. Just go buy one from a junkyard. God. Came right into our yard and did it while we were at the store. Oh and also last summer someone stole the muffler and tailpipe right off our Jeep. Scrap metal thieves suck.

Oh and also last year someone came up on our porch and stole my biggest tomato seedling. In the process they knocked over a whole flat and killed all the tomato seedlings in it, which were all I had. To replace them with store bought seedlings would have cost $200, not that I could have gotten those cultivars at the store, and it was too late to start more from seed. I wound up not having tomatoes except for a couple volunteer plants from the compost pile.