Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Has your pet site ever been called a Neopets clone?

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets' started by cpvr, Sep 16, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

We all know that Marapets has caught a lot of heat/bad publicity because they have similar features to Neopets and thus have been called a clone of Neopets before. But has anyone ever called your pet site a clone a Neopets? If yes, how many users actually did this? Did you ever turn them into daily players? :p
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. Haseshi

Haseshi Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Neopets was the first world-wide famous petsite, so it's somehow of a reference. All sites, and I mean all sites, have a feature or two that can be compared to neopets but this does not mean the site is a copy. All fast-food restaurants sell hamburgers, does it make them a copy of each other? Not really. My guess is that all petsites were, in a moment or in another, called a neopets copy by some dumb user.

Marapets is another story, it was intended for it to be a copy... or so I heard?
  3. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I'm not sure if it was intended to be a copy or something, but @ian's cousin used to own A neopets fansite, and then Ian tookover, and went off to make Marapets. He was a Neopets player, so I guess he found it fun to copy various features and re-make them. I'm not sure what his true motive was though.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. Slashmaster

Slashmaster Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner Approved Writer VPL Supporter VPL Member

Aywas has been called that, though it was by people who just looked at the advertisements/front page and weren't players.
    Felisfire never has.
  5. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

I'm sure every site either has, or will be called a copy of Neopets.
    Doesn't matter unless the site has been taking ideas straight out. Because usually, the people saying this are those who judge a book by its cover.​
  6. Erde

Erde Member VPL Member

That isn't very nice. A person isn't "dumb" "stupid" "immature" /other insults simply because they think of something as a copy or clone! It just means in their opinion it is, and you can of course argue with it or support the reasons why it is not. But the way that they are looking at it in their eyes (whichever aspects of a site they are looking at) it is. And that is ok!

Because what do you think? do you think your site is a clone (of course you will say no). And do your members think it is a clone? (hopefully they will say no). And so, what would it matter if on occasion one or two people stopped by and voiced their opinion? You have your self, your staff and your members to support you and back you up.

Everybody gets comments and critique that they will not like.
  7. Drea

Drea Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Just about every site could be called a "Neopets clone." When somebody thinks "virtual pet website," they think "Neopets." So any other site is obviously a clone, according to that logic.