Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Hello.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Soldis, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Soldis

Soldis New Member VPL Member

Hello! My name is Soldis. I have also been known as Custard and/or The Mighty Custard. I'm a seventeen year old high school student living in North Alabama. I have been exploring the browser-based game circuit since I was extremely young, starting with Neopets and then moving on to Furry Paws, progressing to various games of the sim genre. I don't join petsites often -- I have accounts on a few, but I unfortunately do not use them. I'm much more a fan of sim games and can be found on almost every opened one except horse sims. I also have more than a few alpha accounts.

I am moderator on Vis Servo, CSS/HTML coder on Mahka, moderator and CSS/HTML coder on Vulpes, and the owner of a sim that is in development and intended to be announced next summer. I do web and graphic design and am entirely self-taught. I plan to major in web development and graphic design in college. I'd post examples, but I don't have a high enough post count. You can look up xSoldis for my DeviantArt, but I don't have much on there. Most of the work I do isn't posted there, or anywhere, for that matter. I'm very self-conscious of my work.

I can found on these sites:
    Vis Servo - #20
    Mahka - #30
    Ailouros - #333
    DeviantArt - xSoldis
    Eagle Valley Sim - #68
    Lucky Lapine - #76
    Mweor - #2730
    ProSimUnion - Soldis
    KingdomSky - Soldis

Then there are a lot more sites that I've forgotten about or just never log into. I think that's all I want to type. I don't like to talk about myself too much. I could go on and on about my dogs, however. They're my babies. <3
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Welcome to the community @Soldis, we're glad that you decided to join us! How are you doing today?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  3. Soldis

Fine, actually. I've been trying to deal with insomnia, so I'm really tired, but I've been coding the past two hours and that always puts me in a good mood. Thank you for asking. How are you? :)
  4. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I had a problem with that before. I take Seroquel for it. I'm doing good though and glad you're doing fine!
  5. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

Omg!! I definitely know who you are!! I've seen you before... I just knew it!! :) You post at PSU, yes? :)

I'm totally envious you're a mod at VS :drool:

You say you like dogs?? What breeds are they? :D Do you do any dog shows with them or do you frequently keep track of dog shows?
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  6. Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Welcome to VPL. :3

Feel free to talk about your dogs by the way. (dogs are awesomly awesome)

I've been having to deal with insomnia lately too. It sucks. D: (mine I fall asleep late and wake up early. It's been going on for a week or so and I hope it wears off soon. :p)
  7. Soldis

Gabby, do you have an account on VS? If you do, I'll be sure to add you to my friend's list when it comes back up, if I haven't already. (I added most of the members so that I wouldn't have to go to the Online Users page so frequently. That's about 900 accounts. xD)

And since you and Dawnshadow brought it up... I have four and a half dogs, none of which we show unfortunately. I say "and a half" because my brother's dog stays with us half the time because we have a lot of space, and my brother works a lot and lives with our grandmother. My brother's dog is named Nelly. She's about six months old, adorable, and extremely goofy. She's part wolf, part German Shepherd, and part Labrador. (Don't worry -- my brother didn't rush into owning a hybrid. He did a lot of research and spoke with several professionals.) She's a bit aloof with most people, but she runs right up to my brother and me and licks us like crazy. She has a lot of unique wolf behaviors -- she howls a lot, she licks the other dogs' faces, and she likes to bite the back of their hind legs when they play. My parents, my brother, and I are crazy in love with her. I'll upload pictures eventually.

As for the dogs that are actually ours, we have Chancey, who is like an old grandma. She's around thirteen or fifteen years old, a whippet/labrador/who knows mix. She's yellow and pretty and annoyingly cunning. She's old and a bit senile, but she gets into everything. She will lock herself in rooms and then freak out because she's trapped, she will climb our back fence only to whine and beg for us to help her onto the recliner (which is used exclusively by the dogs), and she will refuse to get up from the dog bed to go eat her food but then open the fridge and eat all the leftovers because she's hungry. I adore her, but she is such a pain sometimes. She certainly has a lot of personality. She also sheds something awful. Can't leave the house in anything black without her fur being all over it, even if she was nowhere near you.

Then there's Dixie, a purebred black lab who's around eight years old, I believe. Or is it nine? Maybe ten? I don't know. We've had her for a long time. She's... something else. I think she may have been inbred or something because she's very, very, very obsessive, hyper, OCD, and irrational. She will randomly pick a toy to be her "baby" and will carry it around with her everywhere. She will hold it in her mouth even as she uses the bathroom (which does very unladylike -- not stopping but just pee-walking). She is destructive. She was constantly chew on something for days until there are so many little pieces scattered around the living room it looks like the toy blew up. Yet she won't harm her "baby." She will lick and hold and roll around with it, but she will not destroy it. She must have it with her at all times. If you remove it, she will either stare at the place it was taken to or search for it until we give up and just hand it back to her. She's a sweetheart though -- she's climb on the bed with you and lay her head right on top of your hip or belly and nuzzle in. It's very cute.

Scottie is a small terrier mix. He's white with black spots. His hair is wiry and somewhat long. His ears stick up like bat ears when he's listening to something. He's the most spoiled dog in the house, with good reason. He will curl up with you under the covers, laying against your stomach or the crook of your knees. He will sleep with someone for hours and hours on end, and once they get up, he searches for another person to lay with. He will leap into your lap and nuzzle against you, clearly charming you into petting him. If you don't pet him, he'll nudge your hand or find another victim. He loves to be around people. He spends a lot of time with me, often just lying on my bed while I'm on the computer, but my dad is his favorite. He's charmed the socks off that man. He's so cute and affectionate that everyone loves him -- at Thanksgiving, he probably eats more than anyone else because no one can help giving him scraps. He's probably around seven or eight years old. He used to be a stray. He one us over in one night.

Then there's the baby: Jack. Jack is six years old, Dixie's son from her only (unplanned) litter, and a 90lb black lab mix. He's the biggest baby in the whole world, I'm sure. He has these sweet amber eyes that are so bright and expressive. His nose is big, and he's almost always cross-eyed trying to look over that massive thing. He loves, loves, loves to have his back rubbed or scratched -- he dances when I do it, shifting from foot to foot and slamming his rump into my leg as he looks up at me adoringly. Not to pick favorites or anything, but he's my favorite. We have an extremely tight bond. He positively worships me, and I adore him so much. He follows me everywhere, gets so excited when I look at him, and constantly runs up to me to give me kisses. He sleeps in my room most nights, right next to me on the bed, his head on the pillow right behind mine. He is heartbroken when he makes me mad, so it's impossible for me to be mad at him for more than a few seconds. I always end up telling him he's a good boy and giving lots of love. He's also the total alpha dog. He is very protective and asserts his dominance over the other dogs when he thinks they're out of line (which is rare). He understands, however, that Scottie is entirely out of his jurisdiction and therefore cannot be scolded by him. Which is critical since Scottie is hardly a fifth of his size. Jack is also very silly and pathetic. He is terrified of thunder -- one boom and he's crawling in my lap, which is much too small for him, but he doesn't care. He constantly goes to me for defense if something upsets him or if he gets in trouble, which is infrequent. He loves playing tug-of-war with his rope, with either the humans or his mom (who he is best friends with). He always wins against the humans, but Dixie outsmarts him.

I'll post pictures of all of them eventually. I have a ton of Jack.

Sorry for the super long post, but you guys asked for it. xD
  8. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

@Soldis I don't have a VS account, no. :( I'm trying to get one ASAP though.

And nonono! VPL LOVES super long posts <333 You have gorgeous dogs. Dawnshadow and I happen to be dog crazy, so have no fear, we thoroughly enjoyed your post ;)

What type of SIM are you making? :3 And do show us your doggies please!!!
  9. Soldis

My sim is a secret. :)<

I have a domain, a coder, a landscape artist, a writer, and am currently on the lookout for a realistic animal artist(s), specifically wolf. Then I'll probably be needing a lot more writers. I mean, a whole team of 'em. All I am saying about the sim is that, yes, there are wolves. The rest will most likely (hopefully) be revealed at Siminar next year, a couple weeks before alpha accounts are sold. I don't want the excitement to fizzle out -- I want people to be so hyped they explode. Figuratively, of course. Exploded people can't purchase accounts.

I'll see if I can dig up some old pictures and/or take some new ones of my puppies. I don't have a good camera available to me, so I may have to settle for my iPod's grainy photos.

VS should be back up soon-ish. Tyrant is being cautious and not giving us a set date so as not to disappoint us if they cannot make it. Beta should be opened soon after it comes back. I'll be sure to give you details as soon as I am able. :)
  10. Myztacia

Myztacia Web Dev Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

11. Wrath

Wrath Retired Moderator Approved Artist VPL Member

@Soldis
    You've done some amazing work for the virtual pets community, by the looks of it!
    It's great to have you here. Welcome to VPL <3
  12. ThomasMosey

ThomasMosey Member VPL Member

Welcome to VPL! I hope you enjoy your time with us ^-^
  13. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I'm #52193 in mweor! :D I'll go add you now :D

Nice to meet you! :D
  14. Soldis

Thank you, all of you! You've all been so nice and welcoming. I'm so glad I took the time to introduce myself. :)