1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

Hello :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wispa, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Wispa

Wispa New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and I thought I would say hello.

2. ccondon

ccondon Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

Reputations:
    Welcome to VPL :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Welcome to the community Wispa!
    It's lovely to see one of my favorite chocolates! (I personally would have preferred a Wispa Gold!)

Do you plan on creating a petsite soon or in the future, or are you just looking at different petsites?
    ~Ricky

4. ThomasMosey

ThomasMosey Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Welcome to VPL! :eek:

5. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Welcome to the community! How are you?:style

6. Wispa

Reputations:
    Thank you all for the welcomes. I actually found this forum through the yarold's click site - They have a link on left hand side. One day I really hope to actually know enough to be able to create my own pet site, but for now I am simply enjoying other peoples. :)

My children first got me interested in virtual pet sites and they are just so much fun that I keep playing them. We keep saying that together we are going to make our own -- still in the process of learning how to code though..lol

But I am crossing my fingers that one day it might happen.

7. cpvr

Reputations:
    Glad to see a user from Yarold here, its owner told us to try out the exchange program, and here we are. How old are your kids? I have a 4 year old daughter.
    But I am crossing my fingers that one day it might happen.

8. Wispa

Reputations:
    I have 2 daughters, one is 16 and the other is 14. Virtual pet games is something that we have done together since they were big enough to play on the computer. Of course we also have to play all the pokemon games as well..lol

They still love to play the games, but now that they are getting older they look at it differently. They keep telling me "Okay Mom, we will do the art work you do the coding." They will play different games then compare what they like or didn't like about each one. We keep a running list of how we would do a site if we ever actually made one..lol

9. cpvr

Reputations:
    What pet games do they play though? ^.^ That's a good idea though, if you're looking to learn how to code or draw, check out our forums for those two areas. I'm sure you can learn it. Not bad though, my daughter is 4. How old were you when you had your first daughter?:D

10. Wispa

Reputations:
    Some of the games we have played in the past and present are: Neopets, egg cave, magistream, Celestial vale, unicreatures, mythrai, there have been others but my brain is not working to max this morning. Those are the only ones that I can actually remember off the top of my head.

I have several books on php, mysql, javascript: I have also decided to take some classes over at the local technical college in web design and web programing (I figure every little bit helps :) ).

Well, I was too young when my first daughter was born..lol My husband and I were high school sweethearts. We got married in Feb. when I was 19 and my first daughter was born the next year in Feb, when I was 20. So -- married young, going to college, raising a child -- I wouldn't change a thing though. :D
    To say we were poor was an understatement. I laugh now when I see those commercials about young people in college living on the Ramon Noodle every night budget... Yeah, been there :)

My husband joined the army a few years later and our second daughter was born. Playing virtual pet games was something we could enjoy and have fun with - without having to spend a lot of money.

Over the years life changes as it usually does, but even though we are comfortable now we still play virtual pet games together. It is just something we have always done together and I hope we will for many more years to come. Of course they are really looking forward to us having our own and them doing all the art work. They have even come up with a commission system..lol And (I refuse to say if -- so,,,) when we finally do get a site up and running of our own I will definitely have them on the payroll.. :)

They are the treasure of my heart - and even though things were hard when they were little, I have always felt rich thanks to them.

Sorry I tend to get a little carried away at times..lol

11. cpvr

Reputations:
    @Wispa I know exactly what you mean though. I was pretty young when my daughter was born, I was 18 and her mom was 16/half, I believe. I worked for 12 hours busting my ass daily to support my family, but I have medical illness, which is Bipolar. But, I'm doing okay now, and I'm healing. I love raising kids as well. I helped raise my little brother[he's 10 now] and my daughter.

Ya, that's what I like about pet games, they're fun and you can play with anyone else. It would be nice if you created your own - put all your experiences from other games into your game - have similar features if you want, etc.

It's okay, you can talk as much as you want here, as well as write how much you'd like. We don't have any problems with that. Oh, and before I forget, my daughter's pictures are here on her thread, Harmony:style

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  12. Wispa

Reputations:
    She is absolutely beautiful. It is funny how someone so small can add so much joy to your life. :)

13. cpvr

Reputations:
    Thank you so much, and I agree. I have a niece that's one as well, and a baby brother who's 10 days older than her. He's such a bundle of joy. He's been crying a lot lately but my mom and I think he may have sore throat or something because he won't regular food just breast milk and some snackes.

14. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? VPL Staff Moderator Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hey Wispa, welcome to VPL. I am Ajax. If you have any questions or need help, feel free to message me.

15. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Welcome to VPL @Wispa! How are you liking the site?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  16. Wispa

Reputations:
    Thank you so much. I am really enjoying the site. Everyone I have met is so nice and welcoming. I tend to read more than I actually post, but hopefully with time I will get started posting more. It is also very nice to hear stories from people that have similar desires as myself (I love the 'I am now learning php' post :) ).

cpvr likes this.