1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by diaz, Jan 22, 2011.

1. diaz

diaz Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hello, I am diaz, an aspiring artist. I currently work for 5 sites, 5 as an artist, 1 as an administrator. You may know me from other pet communities or sites I work for and or play on :) I am a supporter of emoticons and I do my best to not let my army of them rampage. I am obsessed with anime, but not to the roleplaying point ;) I am addicted to pocky (who isn't) ;D

Well I thin that's it.... If you have any questions or such, you can always email me at diaz30613@gmail.com ;)

2. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Welcome to the community, Diaz! :) How are you doing?
    What pet sites do you work for?

3. diaz

Reputations:
    Thanks you cpvr! :) Doing quite well, you?
    I work for Solpets, pyropets, devpets, ventris, and a secret site :D
    And I am the administrator of Solpets ;)

4. cpvr

Reputations:
    You're welcome. I'm doing great as well.
    Wow, lots of pet sites. What staff positions do you hold at the others?
    Oh, could you tell us more about Solpets on the boards? Would love to see some updates on it.

5. diaz

Reputations:
    Good to hear :)
    Yes quite, but I can handle the amount. From Pyro I have not heard from and ventris is going to be on the "downlow" for work, so it is just Solpets, devpets, and the secret site I work for ;) The rest are just artist positions :)

I would be happy to do so :)

6. cpvr

Reputations:
    Very nice, do you still manage to have a lot of free time for yourself? I bet its pretty tough working for so many pet games.
    How long have you been trying to get ahold of Pyro's staff?

7. diaz

Reputations:
    Usually the owner would tell me if there would be needed items, so my assumption is that he does not need items *shrugs* And do not see some updates so I would have to ask him through email :)

Yes, I actually do. Can be stressful sometimes when all sites would like a couple of items, but stressing will not get the problem solved :) Sometimes it can be easy for me such as on one site I do not have a quota as I do voluntary work. So yes, I am actually able to have some free time, but I spend my free time doing more art as I truly want to improve as an artist! ^-^

8. cpvr

Reputations:
    [quote author=diaz link=topic=44.msg152#msg152 date=1295678275]
    Usually the owner would tell me if there would be needed items, so my assumption is that he does not need items *shrugs* And do not see some updates so I would have to ask him through email :)

Yes, I actually do. Can be stressful sometimes when all sites would like a couple of items, but stressing will not get the problem solved :) Sometimes it can be easy for me such as on one site I do not have a quota as I do voluntary work. So yes, I am actually able to have some free time, but I spend my free time doing more art as I truly want to improve as an artist! ^-^
    [/quote]Oh, are you an artist that is hired based on commissions?

Of course, you're very passionate about your field of work. How long have you been an artist?

9. diaz

Reputations:
    Nope, I am a regular artist whom gets accepted through the ways of application ;)

It would be about 10 months that I have been drawing as of digital arts. For traditional art, I have only pasionately been doing so for over a year. ^-^

10. cpvr

Reputations:
    That's the best way to do it, don't you think? Experience is everything these days.
    What made you decide to start drawing?

11. diaz

Reputations:
    It is :)
    I live in a family of artist and I was the only one without the talent, I had an extremely creative mind and I had no way of putting it to use. I tried doing writing, which was okay, but it just did not feel right. I started getting interested in anime and attempted to draw somethings. I stopped as I thought I was bad. I then met a friend of mine whom was a very good artist whom drew anime very well. He Inspired me to practice and practice until I got better :) Story was much much longer, but I thought I shall spare you a long written response XD

12. cpvr

Reputations:
    [quote author=diaz link=topic=44.msg158#msg158 date=1295679562]
    It is :)
    I live in a family of artist and I was the only one without the talent, I had an extremely creative mind and I had no way of putting it to use. I tried doing writing, which was okay, but it just did not feel right. I started getting interested in anime and attempted to draw somethings. I stopped as I thought I was bad. I then met a friend of mine whom was a very good artist whom drew anime very well. He Inspired me to practice and practice until I got better :) Story was much much longer, but I thought I shall spare you a long written response XD
    [/quote]Who else draws in your family? Also, could you tell us about your friend - who's the good artist? Or you can't tell us? :)
    Do you post your art on DeviantArt?

13. diaz

Reputations:
    My brothers, and my and mother. Just a cool and awesome real life friend, doesn't even know I work on petsites so will be kind of weired talking about him on here ;P

I do sometimes, I am diaz-kun.deviantart.com

14. cpvr

Reputations:
    Oh, wow, so did he inspire you to draw during an art class or something?

15. diaz

Reputations:
    Actually, he inspired me During a Physical Education Class. We became friends over an origami crane he created ;) As I got to know him he started showing me his sketchbook ;)

16. cpvr

Reputations:
    [quote author=diaz link=topic=44.msg162#msg162 date=1295680721]
    Actually, he inspired me During a Physical Education Class. We became friends over an origami crane he created ;) As I got to know him he started showing me his sketchbook ;)
    [/quote]Very nice. How long was he an artist for? Do you have a sketchbook as well?

17. diaz

Reputations:
    I believe he has told me ever since he was able to hold a pencil. Along with my other friend, she has a classic anime like style which she has developed ever since she can hold a pencil. I have been told I am a very fast learner as they say in over year, I can compete with their art skill ;)And I have one, and I only have one drawing on it XD

18. cpvr

Reputations:
    I guess its because you learned from the best, eh? Fast learners usually never slow down and keep on learning. :)
    There's no stopping the growth that you're going to endure with your skills.

19. diaz

Reputations:
    Yup, that is true, And all round also, Been taught digital arts by myself and other petsite artist, and have been taught traditional by my friends. Either way, I still had a destiny for drawing, it just mean I have both in my arsenal ;)

20. cpvr

Reputations:
    That's good though. What do you like to draw the most though?