Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

How long have you been a writer?

Discussion in 'Art/Writing General' started by cpvr, Mar 17, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Some people love to write where others don't have the passion to write, but for some of us, we love to write its in our nature.

So, how long have you been a writer? Have you been writing for a couple of years nor or longer? I actually started writing online back in 2004, but I was writing since I was taught how to write with a pencil and a pen.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

Ive been writing since I was 12. I love to write. Roleplaying, school, and various friends/family have helped me improve. I also want to give a huge shout out to my fiance. He helped me a lot <3
  3. YvaiaTheDemon

YvaiaTheDemon New Member VPL Member

Mhh...The first time I really did something that could be considered 'writing' was 2006, when I was about 15.
    I started writing RPGs with other people and it really is amazing how much I improved.

Now I can visualize a situation better than I could before, my grammar and spelling improved as did my vocabulary.
    Well..in german that is.
    When it comes to RPGs in english I haver veeeery little experience and still got some problems :/
  4. OnyxStar

OnyxStar Also known as Ghostwriteres~ VPL Supporter VPL Member

Ive been writing story's since I was a little child, I would write short storys and my mom would draw the illustrations for me (never been good at art) I enjoy writing books and poems and role playing and doing fanfictions ><

I love to write and am almost done with the fifth chapter of a book I am writing, so yeah...I hope to be a published writer some day

(I fricking love spell check though XD Im horrible at spelling)
  5. OnyxStar

OnyxStar Also known as Ghostwriteres~ VPL Supporter VPL Member

Ive been writing story's since I was a little child, I would write short storys and my mom would draw the illustrations for me (never been good at art) I enjoy writing books and poems and role playing and doing fanfictions ><

I love to write and am almost done with the fifth chapter of a book I am writing, so yeah...I hope to be a published writer some day

(I fricking love spell check though XD Im horrible at spelling)
  6. BarkingPup

BarkingPup New Member VPL Member

I've been writing since I was... four, five? I still have my old journal's from Grade 1 (or kindergarten... can't remember) and boy... that's sad. But I've been making up stories since I learned to talk and writing since I learned how to write (and probably before then). I've wrote steady since and although college has slown me down it definitely won't stop me! I'm hoping for a degree in Journalism or Creative Writing :3
  7. Boredinparadise

Boredinparadise New Member VPL Member

I haven't been writing for that long, to be honest. I've been writing for about.. Maybe four years, and I only started writing stories at 13. I really don't consider myself as good as I should be, because, even though my roleplay posts can get super long and have some pretty good grammar in them, I still have problems. Like, sometimes I need to come up with inspiration right on the spot, and, I've been learning how to do that.

I still have problems keeping all my stories in check and on track, and sometimes, they tend to die just as I'm getting close to getting them done. My friends keep telling me to look up tips for that, and, I have been, and some of them have been really quite helpful. I've also been reading a lot of books for help on these matters. |'D

My aspiration one day is to be a really good writer, one who can actually be counted as a genius(Seems a bit far-fetched, but, hey, it's a dream and I've got one). Idon'tknow. D|
  8. Katan

Katan Member VPL Member

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I've ALWAYS loved books and reading. Before I could read, I'd always ask my mom to read to me. Even in Spanish, and I didn't understand a word and neither did she xD. I've created multiple beginnings to stories over the years and have always been talented in my way of writing and detail. I've moved so many times due to both of my parents getting a divorce around the same time, that I lost everything I used to own. Sometimes I wish I still had my notebook so I could rewrite what I had. My mom was my greatest critique.
    Since I've had kids, about two years, I haven't done ANYTHING I used to do that made me who I was. I plan to get myself back as soon as possible and have been trying to push myself to write. I have also been getting back into photography. I've always had an issue with starting a story and have never ending writers block, but my goal is to one day publish a novel. :)
  9. bmk44

bmk44 New Member VPL Member

I've been writing since 1986. I'm proud to say I am published also. My inspiration to write come from many sources. The Internet alone can be an ocean of inspiration for daily writing. There are many things to write about. To get those creative juices flowing I recommend starting off to write about subjects that you like and feel comfortable with.

Gabby likes this.
  10. Michi

Michi Beware: Insane Admin Administrator

I've been writing since I was little as well. Really got into it when I was playing Neopets though. Always writing stories of my make believe adventures in Neopia. XD I even wrote a backstory to a Yugioh card for english class. I didn't really try writing my own original story till highschool, but alas even though I finished it I lost the notebook before I could transfer the text to the pc.
    bmk44 likes this.
  11. pandaa

pandaa New Member VPL Member

I can't say there was one point where I became a writer. I remember that I always had an interest in my English classes in elementary school, and I guess at one point, that shifted into my free time!
  12. AndromedaWolf

AndromedaWolf New Member VPL Member

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. My family was VERY big on stories at bedtime and I grew up around (very) creative writers and storytellers. For a couple years, poetry was my main writing ambition but that's since shifted into stories and the ever unfinished NaNoWriMo entry XD

Oh! Recently I've been learning about game script writing. I'm starting work on an idea I had tonight!
  13. ArtThistle

ArtThistle Approved Artist Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

I've been writing fan fiction for as long as I can remember. I started my novel in December, and I'm proud to say that I have 5 well edited chapters completed.
  14. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

The only people that are actually good writers in my family is my fiance, my nana and my cousins. I guess I inherited the trait from my nana. My mom barely likes to write. Same with my dad. I'm always writing letters to my friend and cousin that's currently locked up. So, I always keep my pen game sharped.
  15. Dez97

Dez97 Member VPL Member

I've been writing since I was about 9 years old, it went from simply just being my feelings, to being stories, and then writing about people's lives and finally I turned them into poems when I was about 15 and I've been going ever since.