1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

How old is your computer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evolution, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Evolution

Evolution Administrator Administrator

Reputations:
    How old is your computer?

My tower is around 5 or 6 and still goes like she is new ;), my laptop is about 2 years and no problems with it yet.

2. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    my macbook is 2 years old ^^ got it in 2010 xD

3. Mitch

Mitch Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    My computer is about 6 years old. Runs fine, the fan needs adjusted soon though as it's making an odd noise when I boot my comp. :/

I'm also saving for a brand new laptop.

4. GGitzOle

GGitzOle Guest

Reputations:
    only 11 months old. Its fairly new; i hope i dont have to get a new one for at least 6 years :D

5. Keith

Keith Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    About 6 years old, and it's still essentially in the mid-upper range :)

6. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    My laptop is probably a good 3 years old. The network card inside[to access the internet] blew up a few months ago so now I have to access the internet with the internet cord plugged in[its plugged in through the modem]

7. tldr

tldr New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    My iMac is from early 2009 and my MacBook Pro is from early 2008, so 3 years and 4 years. I plan on replacing my MacBook Pro as soon as I can (though I'll wait for a new model to be released when I do save up), here in South Africa, we pay about 25% more for Apple products -_- not that a new computer every other year from Apple is affordable for me if they were set the same as American prices...Macs are cheaper in the end, even with our prices ^_^

8. blueeyes

blueeyes New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    My Acer laptop is about 2 years old and I think my keyboard is already worn out..lol....Too much forum posting:)

9. dojo

dojo New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I have a new laptop, so it's only 2 years old. Yes, in my 'terms' this is still new, since I don't like to change them too often. I want to keep working on them until they 'die' so that I can get a return for my investment. My old laptop was good to use for 5 years, so I hope this one will do its job for at least 2 more years if not more.

10. Jared

Jared Da Crazy One VPL Member

Reputations:
    My laptop is almost 2 years old now. My desktop is about 8 years old and still runs like it's new (it's modded a bit for speed).

11. Jessi

Jessi New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    My desktop is only a couple months old because I just built a new one from scratch. I'd been using nothing but laptops for the last several years, some of which I still have, but usually they'd need repairs and are all different ages, heh.

12. tayzer

tayzer New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    My husband and I built our desktop/tower from scratch with our tax refund from last year, lmao, so everything we've got is pretty much top of the line... for now. With how fast things progress, we're probably going to have to update in a couple of years.

My laptop is another story, though. It's an Acer notebook from 1999 or 2000. It struggles along sometimes, but it's still decent! Definitely a beast, and it's the reason I'm fond of Acers in general.

13. Alec

Alec New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Mine's literally only a week old. I'd been using an old dinosaur of a laptop that was still running XP and I decided that I needed an upgrade. I'm so glad I did it.

I plan on saving up for a Macbook, but until then, I have the cheapest of the cheap! 8D

14. cpvr

Reputations:
    How's the speakers on your desktop? Are they real loud?

15. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    A year and a half old.​

16. cpvr

Reputations:
    That's about the same age as my laptop. I had to reboot it once before because the internet stopped working[the network card blew] and we didn't know it fully until the laptop came back, and now I have to keep it plugged in with the internet cord.

17. chinclub

chinclub New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    My tower is 4 years old and it crawls now. I have got to get a new one soon! I feel like I am on dialup Internet!

18. Mila

Mila New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    My laptop is 3 to 4 years old - it's still in great condition though, but I can't run two Adobe programs simutaneously or else it'll crash :p
    I got a new battery for it though, considering the old one had issues.

And to think my laptop was worth $700 bucks when I first bought it.. now it's barely even worth $200. :p

19. Drea

Drea Approved Artist Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Reputations:
    Only around... a year? C: <3 My other one is... maybe 6 years? My dad's is even older. xD

20. cpvr

Reputations:
    Do you delete your cache and remove files often? I don't see why it would crawl if you optimize it and such. I remember when I removed a ton of pictures/files from my laptop, it loaded a lot faster after that.