1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

HTML5 Game Auction

Discussion in 'Programming Marketplace' started by indysolo621, Jun 12, 2012.

1. indysolo621

indysolo621 Elite Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I am looking to auction off this HTML5 game that I have made. It is a coin catcher game, as you move your mouse the chest in the game movies. You're trying to catch the coins in the top half of the chest to get points. Careful though, if you miss catching a coin you will lose a life, lose 5 lives and it's game over.

This game has a send score built in, but will require more code to work with your site. If you need this done I can set it up, or you can have your coder do it. I will just need to tell them how the game works. Here is a link to the game.

http://fastballfs.com/portfolio/catcher/

Simple changes to the game can be made for free, more complex ones for an additional cost. The current placeholder art can also be used by you, but I can change the art if needed, although I will not provide the art itself.

The starting bid for this will be $10 and the minimum increment is $2. At this point there is no auto bid. This will be set to end at noon EST Friday. As always feel free to ask any questions you may have, thank you.

SB: $10
    MI: $2
    CB: $37 by PaulSonny

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Myztacia

Myztacia Web Dev VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
  3. Loomi

Loomi Approved Artist Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    $12 from me :)

4. indysolo621

Reputations:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  5. Peanut

Peanut Elite Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Is there anyway you can fix the jagged movement when it sucks up against the sides??

6. indysolo621

Reputations:
    Just noticed that, @DylDyl, will look into it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

7. Peanut

Reputations:
    Hmm.. still jerks for me. Sorry I'm just very interested!

8. indysolo621

Reputations:
    @DylDyl No problem, just trying to figure out what's causing it. Hard to replicate the problem since they're randomly generated xD.

9. Peanut

Reputations:
    Well I mean when you slide the treasure chest over to the left or right. It sticks against it making it hard to smoothly grab the coins falling along the side of the screen.
    This is a very yummy game I'm after XD

10. Pepper-Head

Pepper-Head You've cat to be kitten mew right meow. Moderator Pet Game Owner Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I might suggest making some coins a lot harder x'D

I just played for a while and I didn't miss a single coin. I could just move my chest back and forth over and over again quickly to ensure that I wouldn't miss a coin.

Good luck with this though! It can be a good thing that it's simple - it's a good way to eat up time! :3

Also - do you do commissions? (or Flash games, too?) If all art was provided, what would be the price? (Simple games like this)
    Thanks!

11. indysolo621

Reputations:
    @DylDyl wow i though you were talking about the coins move back and forth on the sides xD. That part should be fixed. I will work on fixing the chest movement now.

EDIT: Should be fixed, hopefully.

@Pepper-HeadPepper-Head True, I will leave that up to the buyer though, if they want to make it harder. I do not do flash games, but I do do HTML5 game commissions. If you would like to see more games that I've done you can PM me :)

12. Peanut

Reputations:
    Nice point Pepper-head. Is there anyway you can make the movement of the treasure box slow a bit so it doesn't follow the mouse movement as quickly as you move the mouse?
    I know Korbat's Lab on Neopets has where you move the mouse, but the stand doesn't follow as fast as your mouse moves, but at a set pace.

13. indysolo621

Reputations:
  14. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @indysolo621indysolo621, Its a lovely game, I scored 474, and 857 :D

15. indysolo621

Reputations:
    Thank you :)

16. Peanut

Reputations:
    AWESOME. But now it won't go over to the sides anymore completely. D: I'm so sorry if I'm making this troublesome. XD I just like to know exactly what I'm purchasing before going ahead with it.

17. indysolo621

Reputations:
  18. Myztacia

Myztacia Web Dev VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    Looks a lot better, indy!

I have a suggestion, rather than a bug or anything. The icing on the cake for this game would be if you weren't able to catch coins by "crashing into them"...ie, once they fall lower than the opening of the chest, it's too late. I know, it's dirty, but it'd make it quite a bit more difficult :D

I'll up my bid to $14 :)

19. Earth

Earth Supporter VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Junior Programmer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Very nice game! $20 please :)

20. indysolo621

Reputations:
    I think what you're suggesting is not an animation change, but rather a change with the collision detection? If it is that would be a pretty easy change. I just have it at where it is now because I wasn't sure what image the winner will choose, so I just put it at half the chest height or above.

Thank you @EarthEarth !