Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets closed beta keys
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    Be sure to check out the latest changes to our rules.

Im Ambidextrous! You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Organic, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Kinda had a mind blowing moment when a few minutes ago someone told me I was ambidextrous. I argued that I wasn't because I couldn't write comfortably with both hands. Well it turns out (I didn't know) that you don't have to write comfortably with both hands it's just the comfortable ability to use each hand for different things.

That being said... I'm ambidextrous! That's kinda cool I feel a little bit more like a special snowflake now lol. I write with my left hand, I use the mouse with my left hand, but I throw, punch, and even use scissors with my right.

I guess as I was reading that it's possible I LEARNED to be that way because I was left handed but in a right handed world. I'm not sure that that's the case though because I remember that my mother never ever encouraged me to use either hand and allowed me to use whichever I wanted. I also remember when I first started baseball since I wrote with my left hand they assumed I would bat left handed but I guess it's not that i couldn't but it felt awkward so I batted right handed and kinda threw them all for a loop lol. Anyway interesting to think about... doesn't really mean much of anything as far as I know but it's interesting lol.
  2. Gabby

Gabby Administrator Administrator

xD Nice! Glad you found out something new about yourself. :3 I worship your ambidextrous skills!

I'm a righty. I used to try to write with my left hand, but little luck. I should keep trying. :X I heard practicing helps
  3. Organic

@Gabby Im pretty sure you can switch hands if you are really determined. I know that my friend Amanda was certainly born left handed but her mom actually FORCED her to write with her right. She isn't able to use her left hand anymore. So I guess if you would force yourself to use the other you could... though I really can't imagine why you'd want to.

I'm actually not one of the left handed complaining type people I think my biggest life gripe of writing with my left hand consists of smearing ink and pencil when I write haha but a lot of people seem to really be haters about how everything is geared to right people and how they wish they were right handed because of scissors and I guess everything. (I honestly never notice the right handed thing I just make it work for me without really thinking about it) XD
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. cameo

cameo Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I only use my right hand but it makes me want to see if I can't change that and make my lefty a little more useful :) I also didn't know the real qualifications for ambidextrous so now I feel a little more informed :)
  5. Organic

@cameo I know right! I had no idea that simply doing something... ANYTHING pretty much with your other hand means that your ambidextrous. I really thought it was if you WRITE with left your left if you WRITE with right your right and if you write with BOTH your ambidextrous.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair New Member VPL Member

Lucky you, Love! :D I'm totally not ambidextrous.. I think. You should totally try writing with your left hand since you're now a confirmed ambidextrous! Imagine the fun with writing with both hands! XD
  7. Organic

Oh I do write with my left. I can write with my right also but it's really not comfortable I prefer not to. Writing with my right hand feels freakishly wrong lol. I am able to and it looks similar to how it looks with my left but ugh it just feels so wrong lol. Mostly I use my left hand for precision and right hand for anything that requires force for the most part. WIth the exception of eating I can very comfortably eat with either hand. I usually eat with my left but if for some reason I am bumping elbows or maybe I need to write and eat at the same time or something I will just eat with my right. That being said I am not able to throw with my left if I try to throw a baseball with my left hand instead of right I accidentally throw it like directly at the ground... I can't get it to go OUT lol.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  8. veisavis

veisavis New Member VPL Member

Psh, jealous. :(
    Sometimes I wish that when I was a kid, my parents taught me how to use both hands so I wouldn't have to go to the trouble now to try and learn how to write/work with both hands instead of just one. I've always wanted to be ambidextrous.

(... yes, I want to be a special snowflake too. xD)
  9. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair New Member VPL Member

Oh whoops! I got your hands mixed up, Love LOL