1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

I'm back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabby, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Gabby

Gabby Active Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Hey everyone <3

I missed you all so much. I went through such a harsh depression and now I've thankfully pulled out of it. I also went through a lot of hell, although it isn't getting easier, I honestly cannot keep away from VPL any longer. It's starting to seriously bother me.

I would like to give a huge enormous shout out to @cpvr . You are all seriously blessed to have found this forum and be apart of something this fantastic and inspiring, all backed by the beautiful dream @cpvr defends everyday. If you are reading this and do not already have an account with VPL, hit the dragon in the corner and sign up right now. You're missing an opportunity to be apart of a family which will never abandon or lose patience for you. Doubtful? I am one of the most cynical people you will ever meet (I dare you to get to know me better and verify that) and I promise to say this community will be your lifetime family. You will find anything and everything you need here. If you're reading this and have joined but haven't introduced yourself, do it now so I can snug you immediately. I already love you and think you're the cat's meow for taking the time to sign up.

Wow, got off topic. It's been an emotional night. :p
    I also would like to give a ping to @Martyn @electric_blue_kirby (Carlos said some very positive things about you which pushed my motivation in the right direction) @Dauphine @Zei @Michi @ThatLeadershipGuy @Eknaram @Drea @Kai (your art sketches took my mind off life for a bit) because all of you have inspired me to keep going somehow. I thought you guys deserved to be properly recognized. I might be forgetting some people, if I am I sincerely apologize in advance. Truthfully, I would ping the whole community if I had the time to.

Now if that didn't make you guys feel all gushy and fuzzy inside, I'm not sure what will. :) I hope everyone gives the person above them a huge hug and tell them they love them. Perhaps now would be a fantastic time? xD

I love you guys. It's great to be back. I'm not leaving this time unless it's seriously unavoidable in which case I'll snug you all before I leave. :3

Thank you everybody. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. And one more for good measures... Thank you!

Also: Shout out to @Joy because it's her 21st birthday today! Happy birthday Joy! Go out and enjoy it.. now! xD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Drea

Drea Approved Writer Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm glad to know that you are doing better. Feeling the way that you must have (and might still be) feeling is not fun, I'm sure, so perhaps coming back for a bit will help you.
    [​IMG]

If you are ever down or depressed again to the point where you would like to talk to somebody, know that there are lots of people who care about you, and you can always hit me up and I can just listen if you want (I'm sure there are others who would say the same.) I've been through my fair share of... unhappy thoughts, and I know sometimes just having a person there to sort of talk to can help. I'm sure you will do fine, though! Just putting it out there.

Anyway, aside from all that, welcome back. *bip*

EDIT: That was a lot of the word "feel" lol so I changed some vocab.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  3. Gabby

Reputations:
    Thank you so much @Drea. Your awesomeness and eccentrics gave me the strength to continue talking on here and participate in debate. I don't know you that well, but I can tell you I want to change that. You seem like a really fun person to talk to with a grounded grasp on the world and I can't even say that about 50% of the people I know. Thank you so much for being here for me and offering to help me in the future. It's great to know I can turn to someone

4. Zei

Zei zei-art.com VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I'm glad things have turned around for you. <3 We're always here for you. c:

5. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Welcome back, @Gabby! We're all here for you... I hope you know that. <3

And thank you for the shout-out. ^^

6. Gabby

Reputations:
    Thanks @Zei, I love you girl! You're wonderful. :)

@Joy, no, thank you for reading and responding. It means a lot. I also love your clickables! I noticed your siggy banner before (the one that said "shoot for the sky, even if you fail, you'll land amongst the stars.") very inspiring and gorgeously designed. You should add it back above your clickables. I gave them a click by the way. Have a fantastic birthday =) If I were artsy, I would make you something. Hehe. I can make photomanipulations.. maybe I'll try my card at that? Not sure. :p

7. WikiJason

WikiJason Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    @Gabby Thank you for the tag Gabby ^.^ Always cheers me up to know that I have made even the smallest of differences in someone's life.

8. Eknaram

Eknaram Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    @Gabby Glad to read you're doing better. :3
    Keep on rocking. ^^

9. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Glad to hear that you're doing better now @Gabby
    Depression really sucks, but you're defeating the battle. You're a very sweet person to talk to, and I'd hate to see anything happen to you, or your boyfriend.

Thanks for the praise, I couldn't do it without my staff members nor my members. This place is wonderful, and I thank you for becoming a part of our community, we love our members!!!:biggrin:

10. electric_blue_kirby

electric_blue_kirby Co-Owner Former VPL Staff

Reputations:
    Voice 1:

It's pleasant to hear you've cast off that miasma. You're always free to contact me anytime about anything, you know.

11. Michi

Michi Hiatus Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Glad to hear you are back Gabby. ^^ *huggles*