Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets closed beta keys
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    Be sure to check out the latest changes to our rules.

Important Note for Sellers

Discussion in 'Art Marketplace' started by cameo, Jul 25, 2012.

1. cameo

cameo Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Well, I hate to be the one to have to post this, but I'm not really interested in being ripped off any more than you guys are. I did an image map for someone becuase I thought it'd be good fun and something I don't normally do (for a campground). However, the fellow who commissioned it, nice as can be, never paid. Kept telling me he forgot. It's been a few weeks now since the map was finished and he was clear that there were no changes he wanted. So, in the interest of warning other artists to ask for the money up front, I'm releasing his name. I give away a lot of art here, so when I get ripped off, it makes me extra sad.

I have the latest messages between us if anyone wants verification of this.

@Adam Calhoun
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Arccy, Lewis, Lai and 8 others like this.
  2. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

Your encouraged to post sellers who fail to meet the agreements. it helps other sellers.
    Sorry about that @cameo.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  3. Martyn

Martyn Director of Seripets Pet Game Owner Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

@cameo
    Ouch, that is horrible.
    How much was the map? :\
  4. Gwonk

Gwonk New Member VPL Member

Ah man that suck's. Hope he some how pays for it soon.
  5. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner Banned

Do you still have the map? Maybe you could sell it on to someone else or another site?
  6. Michi

Michi Beware: Insane Admin Administrator

If you would like you can pm me the name and I can give you a hand. You do have protection on here. ^^
  7. viropets

viropets Member VPL Member

The name you provided at the bottom, Adam Calhoun, is he the one that didn't pay you for the commission?
  8. Dyl

Dyl Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I'm always looking for some maps for Elvonica, but if you don't want to release it yet and see if he pays you, then that's cool :)
    I'm rather interested though since your art is to die for <3
  9. Gabby

Gabby Administrator Administrator

I believe so @viropets
    @cameo I know how hard you work for VPL (and your free stuff is highly appreciated). This is why, if you want, you can send me over a watermarked version so I can take a look at it. I'll buy it for the price you set for him :)

And also, do speak to Michi about this matter. She's there to help you and I know she wants to <3 (You can also contact me if you'd like.. :3)
  10. Dyl

Dyl Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

We are all available to buy it for the price he suggested. xP I would love to! :)
    cpvr likes this.
  11. cameo

You guys are absolutely awesome, you know that? in this particular case, the map is rather useless because it's a layout of his camp ground (or one he works at, not sure). Some of the individual buildings *might* be useful, but I'm not sure. It was only a $20 job, but it's still annoying. ANd I am floored by the outstanding response of this community and it makes me feel a LOT better knowing you guys are on my team. Yes, the person responsible is the name I posted on my initial post. Honestly, the guy is friendly, but there's only so many days/weeks you can keep "forgetting" to pay someone for their work without consequences. I'll see if I can get anything useful off the map and post it up here for you all to pick and choose from. I don't know, as it's all quite camp-ground specific.
  12. Afterlife

Afterlife Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Man that sucks.
    But I agree you can only 'forget' for so long, especially if someone is reminding you.

:x I know when I open commissions I want at least half up front before I start, but maybe I'll wanna go with a full payment before it's delivered
  13. TheBernMan

TheBernMan Supporter VPL Supporter

Put it up for auction here! I am sure a $20 commission can turn into a $30 one with maybe a few tweaks ????
  14. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I can't really believe this, but I do, and @cameo I'd recommend if you can, put up a new map, or put those pieces together and sell them. It's his loss, and quite frankly, thanks for making this thread because he's been trying to buy art, and a pet sites, and the fact that he's ignoring you about the situation - brings more light out. So, in all honestly, I think you should put it up for auction like @TheBernMan said, and see where it goes. I'm sorry for this unfortunate incident though sweetheart! <3
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  15. viropets

Has he paid you yet?
  16. cameo

Nope. He's got my paypal address and I have seen nothing come through. I want to thank you ALL for your support. I had a mental glitch in which I forgot my password here for a week even though it's been the same one since the first time I registered years ago. I think babysititng the nephews has been a bit of a brain drain lately.
  17. viropets

He doesn't even seem to come on aim anymore. Do you have his PayPal email? You should send him an invoice and then dispute it. You'll probably win
  18. ccondon

ccondon Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

Just don't say it is digital goods, seller and buyer protection doesn't cover DIGITAL goods

Sent from my HTC VLE_U via SSHHSPY HQ
  19. cameo

I hadn't thought of that. I'm not too worried about it because I am up to my eyeballs in commissions now thanks to my facebook page so I don't need his darned $20 but I don't think he should get away with cheating artists. And I defiantely dont want him to cheat anyone from our awesome community.