Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Insects/animals you're afraid of

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Jul 28, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

What are some insects that you're afraid of? How about animals? Basically, I'm not worried about insects because I'll kill them as I see them - such as pinchers, and spiders. Animals? I'm kind of afraid of a Tiger or a lion, but not a Gorilla.

But, how about you? What are some insects that you're afraid of? Is it spiders? Bees? Pinchers? How about animals?
    @Corleone @SpottyWolf @Love @vplspride @Neon @Lewis
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Hornets, Bees, Spiders, Fleas, Ticks and Moths (but only the giant ones that fly around your face).

As for animals, I don't really think I'm afraid of any. I used to be terrified of squid and anything with tentacles (brought up horrible memories)but after I learned that they were tasty it kind of got rid of the dear of them lols.
  3. Organic

Organic VPL Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

@cpvr

I'm afraid of crawly legs. I am afraid of being crawled on more specifically. I can observe spiders from afar but the thought of them on me I'll scream like a girl and jump up and down. I am STUPID afraid of centipedes. The site of one makes me wanna cry I will get a mile away from the sucker.

I'm not afraid of any mammals though. I have a good healthy respect for quite a few but not fear really.
  4. cpvr

I kill those as soon as I see them. At night, we see small ones that like to crawl on you if you don't catch them before you do. I know my mom screams when she sees a spider and I have to go kill it for her. I'm not afraid of roaches, but they are disgusting.
    @Sirkowskii Hornets? Me too, those shit hurt a lot if they sting.
  5. Sirkowskii

Sirkowskii Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@cpvr - I think we have some living in our railing but idk if they are hornets or wasps. Either way, those guys are assholes and hurt like hell. I've been stung so many times by them before.
  6. Vella

Vella Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I have arachnophobia, it sucks. :c
    I get like panic attacks from having one less than 3 feet away from me, and if it is across the room I have to leave or just sit and stare at it until someone gets it and try not to flip my lid. > ~<''

So far as just regular dislike/fear nothing else really bugs me unless it is on me. xD 'Cept this one time I found a foot long poisonous centipede but I think everyone has a right to be afraid of that in their front yard. :v lol
  7. cpvr

When I was younger, we had a nest in our basement and we had to call someone to spray down the whole basement. I hate bees as well because I got stung by one before while walking in my room. I thought it was dead so I walked on, and it stung my foot. They don't bother me as much as seeing "pinchers" or ugly ass spiders. I tolerate them though because every else in the house are afraid of spiders except myself, my dad, and brother.
  8. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Moderator Programming Moderator Senior Programmer Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter

I'm not afraid of any insects. I know that they won't harm me if I don't threaten them and even if they do I'll get over it.
  9. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I'm not really afraid of any. Some insects disgust me, but I kill most of them. :p As for animals, I don't really care, as long as they're not stray. That's when I stay away from them, who knows what diseases and shit they carry.
  10. Kiara

Kiara Moderator Moderator VPL Member

I don't like big spiders, or wasps when they're around me (just because they might sting, though I like them in general). I have a weird thing about crabs, too. Even my own hermit crabs freak me out sometimes when they stretch too far out of their shell. It's like a giant crunchy spider.
  11. SpottyWolf

SpottyWolf Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I HATE cockroaches! And frogs. But I'm fine with toads. >.> I'm weird.
  12. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Banned Pet Game Owner Banned

@Vella C Raptor I have arachnophobia as well, but that only came to be in October 2007 when THE biggest GHS ran out from god knows where into the middle of my room and just froze facing directly at me, BEFORE that I were fine with spiders.

Like this house I moved into, I've had 8 Giant House Spiders to deal with, I haven't seen anymore though (touch wood). And if I see one, I have to kill it else I can't sleep knowing that there's one active in the house, cause they bite. I'm not sure if its venomous or not though.

Best line of defence is Gilette Anti-Perspirant Deodorant, cause its super cold and sprays out as white and when it hits the spider it turns it from that yucky brown color into white, and it kills it.

Or use a hoover -suck- straight up.

I would have said hitting them with something but the last one I had, I hit it with a slipper and OMFG it had no affect on it :O
  13. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Banned Pet Game Owner Banned

I don't like crabs, cause they move sideways.

I don't like weewows either, their fucking weird.

I don't like wasps, cause I got stung a lot when I was younger cause there was a nest in the loft and they were coming in through the vents into the rooms of the house we were in.

I can't think what else I don't like really.
  14. Jammybee

Jammybee Member VPL Member

@cpvr

Spiders... *Shudders*

I just hate their little long furry legs when they crawl on you >.<
  15. vplspride

vplspride Member VPL Member

Love tarantulas, love snakes, love bugs in general. I respect predatory animals and give them their space! :p
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  16. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? Moderator Approved Artist

Mine are mosquitoes and roaches.
  17. cpvr

I've seen so many of them, I've gotten used to them. But I still try to kill them when I can. They're so nasty. You see them a lot in certain apartment complexes around here and in Houston.
  18. Ajax

My bro stepped on a frog the other day and I freaked haha. I hate a frog.
  19. cpvr

I don't see them a lot where I live though. I see those "lizards" though, and I leave them alone because they eat the bugs.:D
  20. Ajax

Lol as long as they don't mess with me I'm good.