Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.
  2. Have you read and commented on any of our Interviews or Reviews yet?
    Yes, it's true Teripets will not come back online
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets
    Virtual Pet Directory
    join mycena cave!

Instagram sold to Facebook for 1 billion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Looks like Facebook is flexing their muscles - in terms of buying other products.

Source: http://mashable.com/2012/04/09/facebook-instagram-buy/

What does everyone think about this? Do you use Instagram to upload your pictures and such?
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Toxic Rainbow Kisses

Toxic Rainbow Kisses Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I have never used it or heard of it, but facebook has been buying out alot of people.
  3. tldr

tldr New Member VPL Member

I hate Facebook, I can't wait for it to go the way of MySpace and Bebo. I can't believe they bought Instagram, which I'm sure will be shut down and "integrated" into FB soon...D:
  4. Poetically

Poetically New Member VPL Member

I'm really quite nervous as to what this means for Instagram. I use it, and I don't want it to be shut down. But, I suppose that's how it goes. Big companies overpower little companies and makes them obsolete. I just hope Zuckerberg knows just how much of a following Instagram has. He'd be smart to use it to his advantage, if he were to use it at all.
  5. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I don't think they will shut it down, I guess they're just gonna integrate what it offers into Facebook itself, while leaving the actual Instagram out there too.
  6. cpvr

That's because they're set to go public soon(IPO) http://mashable.com/follow/topics/facebook-ipo They have the money, so why not?

@tldr You may be right. And rumor has it that Twitter was trying to buy Instagram as well - but a while ago. But, its quite possible they could shut it down and bring the features on over to Facebook. I know the Instagram's team is now working under Facebook(I think? someone correct me if i'm wrong.) And there isn't any plans on the horizon[well, not now) to close down Instagram.

And comparing Myspace's downfall to Facebook is really crazy because Myspace had server problems - slow loading pages and things like that, Facebook came and made social networking even easier. Myspace had plenty of changes to recover and come-out with new stuff while Facebook was still on the rise, but they didn't, so they got left in the dust.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  7. tldr

tldr New Member VPL Member

I think Facebook is an easy way to network, but it's also a huge scam, I don't like the idea of my personal data being sold to scumbag corporations, and I also can't stand Mark Zuckerburg, he's lost all his appeal, he's just like any other billionaire willing to anything to make a dollar even at the cost of his own morality and conscious. He could care less about our privacy as long as FB makes money and once people catch on to that, FB is really quite doomed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  8. cpvr

How is it a huge scam? What makes you say that? And also, since when have they been selling personal data to scumbag corporations? That's news to me, I'd love to hear more.
  9. cpvr

Well, its now official. Instagram is now owned by Facebook. Instagram didn't get a 1 billion bucks though, they got like $700 million or more because Facebook's stock has been been going down.

Techcrunch has the run down here > http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/29/facebook-instagram-deal-approved-by-ca-department-of-corporations/
    Good for Facebook, but is this good for Instagram? What does everything think?