Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown to well over 212k posts and almost 5k members. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.
  2. Have you read and commented on any of our Interviews or Reviews yet?
    Are you ready for the return of Teripets?
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets
    Virtual Pet Directory
    join mycena cave!

Instagram?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by que, Jun 6, 2012.

1. que

que Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

So, I used to hate on Instagram because of all the "look-at-me-I'm-a-photographer-because-I-can-use-filters" sorts of people... but, it's actually a fun social platform!

As for the photos it manipulates, they turn out pretty neat looking. I use my iPod, and they don't have too great of cameras. They're decent, but not great.
    The Instagram stuff makes my pictures and photos look at least presentable before I can actually get to them on my own computer to fool with.

If you've got Instagram, I am "bexxar" on there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yay instagram photos

If you have the app, follow me, and I'll follow you! Woot!
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Micky

Micky midterm madness Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

For our photo contest I'm dreading people would send in Instagram pictures =___=
    I don't have it and don't think I'd be getting it soon.
  3. TheTeen

TheTeen Member VPL Member

Is instagram more of a photography site than anything? I know Pinterest is as well a very image based social networking site. I have no account there, but will go to their homepage just to stalk pictures @@
  4. que

@Neon - I don't doubt it, my god.
    I don't have an issue with the application... but with any trendy thing- it's heavily abused and beaten like a dead horse.
    I really dislike the people who actually consider themselves a photographer because of it...

The "My Photography" folders on people's Facebook... full of Instagram photos... watermarked... just no.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  5. Aesop

Aesop Member VPL Member

Haha I love the people that think they're photographers because of it. It does make really nice photos though... I use it for all my photos because I don't want to carry around a camera and different filters can be flattering... I don't follow many people though, just a couple of friends.
  6. TheTeen

TheTeen Member VPL Member

Do you think Instagram will change any now that Facebook has purchased it? Do you think this will help Facebook any?
  7. vplspride

vplspride Member VPL Member

8. vanillaeclair

vanillaeclair New Member VPL Member

Oh so it's more than just a fancy camera?
  9. Aesop

Aesop Member VPL Member

@vanillaeclair - It doesn't improve picture quality. You take a picture then add a filter (or multiple) to the picture. Just saves you from using photoshop (except you can't add little images, text, etc. just simple filters) haha.
  10. jakdacrowe

jakdacrowe Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Meh. I don't see the point in it.
    I know my bro uses it just to share photos. But... Like... Why.

Besides, I do hate the people who use it to TRY to make hipster photos and crap... -_- I just...
    Why. Seriously.
  11. Richy

Richy Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Yes, there are some of the people on there who think they're top notch photographers when in actuality they are just another person with an iPhone, but there are some great photos on there! There's also those 'follow for a follow' people on there who follow about 34778554 other people, which I think kind of defeats the purpose.

I think, like facebook (which I don't use), it's a way to share your thoughts with others. You might see an amazing sunset (so many sunset photos on Instagram) or see a funny sign, and if you want to share that with someone else, all you have to do is take a picture! I guess the 'point' of it differs from each individual, but someone could just as easily ask what the point of Facebook is. Anyway, I mainly use it to share my art. ^^;
  12. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Pininterest has been gathering a lot of interest, especially from "mommy bloggers", and people looking to promote images - by getting it pinned by other users, it's sort of like posting a tweet on Twitter, and having your followers re-post things.

And also, I haven't used instagram, but a lot of my friends do. I don't take a whole lot of photos as is, so I'm sticking with just posting them on Facebook.
  13. Dyl

Dyl Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Oh wow I feel kind of dumb not knowing anything about instagrams.. what is that?? Just a software that makes your photos look better orr??
  14. Richy

Richy Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

It's an app that you can get on iphones (I think they may have expanded into other phone systems too). Basically you can either take a picture with the app or choose one from your photo gallery and then you can add different filters to it. When you submit the photo you can add hash tags like on twitter so that people can search for specific photos (for example #sunsets #chocolate #Japan, etc).
  15. santamynana

santamynana Retired Moderato Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

I don't think I will ever use it more or less ever use a phone camera to take pictures. So bad quality when inflated. I will always use a Dslr camera for my photography. I am glad I studied it at school, they are valuable skills.
  16. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

I might start using this to host my weight loss pictures and such. I won't be taking another progress picture until middle of August or the beginning of September. It's a load road ahead for me, but I believe in myself and I know I can do it. Just going to take a lot of stamina and energy.
  17. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

I used to hate Instagram for the same reasons you do Bexxydear, I never got into it. Now that Facebook has taken it over, I want nothing to do with it..
  18. que

@Gabby: I now only use it to post my art and look at pictures of my friends genitalia because apparently Instagram is a site to post pictures of your penises and boobs in an artsy fashion.
    Gabby likes this.
  19. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Instagram is a social network, no? I bet people post those pictures for other reasons.. And say it's "art" Lol
  20. que

@ Gabby- precisely, hahah. It's a pretty easy way to bypass society's standards... they aren't fooling me.
    Bahaah.