Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.
  2. Have you read and commented on any of our Interviews or Reviews yet?
    Yes, it's true Teripets will not come back online
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets
    Virtual Pet Directory
    join mycena cave!

Interview with Angely, owner of Kingdomsky.net

Discussion in 'Interviews' started by cpvr, May 29, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Angely is the founder and owner of, Kingdom Sky:

Q:Why the name Kingdom Sky?
    A: Because Happy Happy Fun Sky World was taken. =(
    Hee,hee well to be honest with you, I knew in my mind I wanted to have different worlds, and although it's setting would be in the clouds, I just couldn't think of something that really fit. I threw a lot of options at friends, and they had some great ideas too, but nothing really seemed to clique for me. Then, playing around with words I liked, I found Kingdom Sky. I shared it with friends and they liked it too, and really describes our world and allows us the flexibility to add more words in the future.

Q: What made you start Kingdom Sky?
    A: I've been working in the petsite industry for many years. First as a GA, then working my way up. I loved the idea of petsites. I, like a lot of people, started with Neopets, then when it got too big, I left and found Subeta, then that got too big, and I moved to Mistic, and it was through Mistic that I was contacted about Lura. I love the community, and the ability to do a lot of good things for your users, and I gave my all in all of them because you can meet and make some wonderful friends in them. Then things got bad, with Lura's selling, my grandfather's death, and just an overall feeling of being exhausted and used. Through it all, everyone kept telling me I should open my own site, but I wasn't sure, I was too scared to have so much added responsibility and I certainly didn't have the funds then.

Deep down, I really wished I could do it someday, especially since I sincerely missed the online family feel, Lura once had. Then, I had a dream, where I relived a conversation my grandfather and I had before he passed away. His words of encouragement was really what gave me the strength to take that first step, I prayed about it, and if God wanted me to do this, he would open the path and, did He. He blessed me with a staff of friends new and old that are incredibly dedicated, hardworking, and simply put EPIC. I've been able to fund it with a 1k inheritance my grandfather left me, and my husband has been working overtime to help me cover the remaining costs....and here we are!

Q: What are the current, top priorities of Kingdom Sky?
    A: Art wise, we are doing really great. We have almost everything we need, and we are working on adding them onsite. Our focus right now is to complete adding site features, games, content, and beta testing to make sure everything is in working order. We will also be testing security features, and making sure everything looks polished and is working well.

Q:Where do you see Kingdom Sky in around 2-3 years from now?
    A: To have a close-knit, caring, friendly community that as a whole have helped each other and have been able to raise funds to help good causes. I personally could care less, about ratings, statistics, and having a million users. I'm about quality, rather than quantity. I rather have few members that are active and involved, than have a million members that you rarely know.

Q: How do you plan on managing all important areas of this site? (Community/Members, Staff Management, Updates, Programming and Artwork, ect.)
    A: Well, to be honest I did it all for a long time in Lura. So I know, what I'll be facing, but most importantly, what fuels it. At the very heart, is the Staff. Without them, KS would not be successful. It is important that we are different minds, but one heart. Where we all do our part to make KS fun and successful for everyone. I like to have monthly staff meetings, and have Department Heads that keep everything positive and moving. If and when any problems arise, we discuss it immediately. I don't want anyone to keep any ill feelings kept inside. I've established an Open Door Policy where we can discuss problems and solutions for basically any site problems or issues.

Q: Do you have any helpful suggestions and/or tips for anyone planning on building their own site, or simply just want to start working in the petsite industry?
    A: First, and foremost make sure you absolutely know what you are getting yourself into. It is a lot of work, dedication, and money. I think before you decide to open your site, it's better to have had worked for other sites so you can get experience, and get a feel for how it's going to be. Stay focused and find good, trustworthy people to help you. Let your fire and passion spread through your staff and users. Stay away from drama, and try to be original. We all have some of the same standard features, but do something special to change it up and make it special. Respect your staff and users, and keep your cool. A lot of negativity will come your way, and it's your job to turn them into positives. Finally, make sure you have a lot of cookies and yummies to hand out. =)

Q: How many staff members do you guys have? How many artists? Coders?
    A: Let's see, there's 14 slaves....errr staffies, not including me. Hee,hee. Here's the break down: Owner: 1, Asst. Admin/Head Mod: 1, Writer: 1, Coder: 1, GA: 2, Pixel Artists: 2, Artists: 7

Q: Has there been a set release date yet?
    A: If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
    Hee,hee Well, my plan is to open in the summer. I have a date in mind, but I don't want to release it until we are closer to it and I have a better estimate of when we will be ready to open.

Q:Why the inspiration-theme though? It has never been done before, unique twist indeed.
    A: In my heart, I feel God wants me to create a site that users feel good about playing and helping. That it isn't about profits, or selfish gains. Rather, more about family, friends, and helping others. Every month we will feature a different cause, and 10% of all site income, after paypal fees, and taxes that we have to pay, will go to that cause.

Users can also donate to that particular cause directly by purchasing a special item, with 100% of the proceeds going to that cause. We will add it all together and make the donation. We will also have prayer forums, were we will pray for you and by all means users can share their testimonies. We will also share inspirational quotes with our users, almost like a daily reflection, to help you start your day. Basically we want to inspire others and ourselves, to be better, stronger, and burst out our own bubbles. We share this world, and when you really think about it, we are all one huge Earthly family. <33

Q: What makes Kingdom Sky so different than other pet games?
    A: WE LUFF MUFFINS...and cookies.....and brownies! Buuuut, other than that are the reasons, stated above, and we really try to have fun together. We will have some silly events, hilarious site art, games, and even a guardian color! We want to have as much fun with our users and our users to have as much fun on KS as possible! Lots of herp, derpin' goin' on in hurr. XD

Q: Are you aware of the server resources a pet game like Kingdom Sky requires? What are your hosting plans?
    A: I am and I'm prepared to purchase a server once our needs increase. Everything is good as it is now, and I rather keep the user registration slow and steady with users who will be long time players joining over time. I hate lag, so the second KS lags, I will invest and do anything in my power to speed things up, but for now, I think we are good as we are.

Thank you for this opportunity! I'm really honored and I can't believe it's really happening. It's truly a dream come true, and I can't wait to share it with everyone when we open! <3
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

Q: What made you start Kingdom Sky?
    I remember the two days like it was yesterday, Angel's grandfather died and she tried her hardest to continue to contribute to the community, she took a short break and later returned. Making it worse was the fact that Lurapets.com was sold on, And the best staff member was fired, Angel.
    You cant really call Lurapets a community, it was one big happy family. Everyone talked to everyone. No one was ever left out. We was all there for eachother <3

Q:Why the inspiration-theme though? It has never been done before, unique twist indeed.
  3. Jimmy

Jimmy Member VPL Member

@Angely I am really excited for Kingdom Sky to finally open within the next few days i hope!!
    Especially since after reading through this interview i can see that you are probably one of the sweetest people anyone could ever meet.
    I am glad God has blessed you with everything needed to lift your ideas from the ground and mold them into your very own site to own.
    This is going to be a site that i will spend loads of time on trying to collect everything there is to collect and have such a great time doing so, as well as making new friends and helping others if they come to me about any questions they may want answered.
    Congratulations on Kingdom Sky, its' going to be an amazing site that i can see being around for many years to come c:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. Micky

Micky midterm madness Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

I just stumbled upon this interview and now I'm really excited for Kingdom Sky!

I can just tell @Angely would be an amazing owner and I just know that KS will go far. :)
  5. Organic

Organic VPL Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

@Micky

Not sure how this post got bumped but curiosity makes me ask now that it IS out do you still feel the same lol?
  6. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

@Love Staff members have a bump feature we can use without posting
  7. Micky

Micky midterm madness Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

LOL I don't think I feel the same way, wish I could stand by my first comment but based on experiences I can't anymore.

It's a shame.
  8. Tweedheads

Tweedheads VPL Supporter VPL Supporter

I dont feel the same way either. I thought KS was all about peace and love but ks is glorifing the soldiers in USA
    I dont like that one bit.