Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Interview with Hall of Famer, Owner of Mysidia Adoptables

Discussion in 'Interviews' started by cpvr, May 29, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Hi Hall Of Famer, you're the new owner of the Mysidiaadoptables.com/forum, the Mysidia Adoptables Script, correct? how did that happen?
    Yes, I am the owner of this entire piece now. The site, the script, and this forum. I bought it since the previous owner had been way too busy to work on it himself.

What drew you to buying the Rusnak script and revamping it?
    I see potentials in the old Rusnak script to become a popular and quality adoptables engine. My experience as an adoptables site owner and coder makes me eager to take on a script project like this.

Why did you re-name the script to Mysidia Adoptables (Why did you choose that name)?
    Well the old script Rusnak Adoptables was named after BMR(whose surname is Rusnak), and thus was apparently inappropriate for me to use after ownership change. Mysidia is the name of my company, it is also the name used on my other forums. Mysidia was a word derived from the RPG video game series Final Fantasy, and I really like it.

How long have you owned the script and who owned it previously?
    I purchased this adoptables script on January 15th, 2011 from Brandon M.Rusnak, the previous owner. So yeah, its almost one and a half month now.

Where do you see Mysida heading in 3 years time?
    In three years time? you are asking a tough question. If I can stay alive, and healthy, I can envision Mysidia adoptables script to truly grow into a quality adoptables script with breeding, itemshop, food/exploration, battle system and an entire admin control panel overhaul. These are not easy to accomplish, but three years is a long time so anything can happen. I dont want to promise too much, but I can guarantee that it will look completely different from now and that no one will still be calling this Rusnak Adoptables then.

How are you funding Mysidia? since I heard it is non profit.
    I am funding Mysidia from my own pocket. I am a chemical engineering student, I can make a lot of money in job market in not-so-distant future. Also I've saved enough money from my childhood to support Mysidia's hosting service for at least 5 years.

Whats your favourite thing about the Mysidia Script?
    My favorite part of this script is that, well, it gives you enough freedom to do whatever you like for an adoptables site, with a bit of PHP programming skill. A good example is Mywarriorcats by Emma, it is just amazing how a site powered by RA/Mys can become this spectacular. It truly makes me believe that everything is possible.

Can you tell us anything more about yourself?
    Sure thing. I am a chemical engineering student right now, and I get pretty good grade in college. I had programming experiences in C++, Ruby and PHP. I have a pokemon site and forum of my own, my experience as a forum admin and dealing with members of any age groups has somewhat contributed to my mild and calm temper. I enjoy making friends with people, even though sometimes I am quite frustrated that I cannot satisfy everyone. I am a perfectionist when it comes to certain things, but not that extreme. If you want to know more, send an email to worldoffame@hotmail.com. I use it as my business email on internet.

How do you feel about the Adoptable industry currently?
    The adoptables industry right now is still pretty much at its beginning stage, as you may have noticed. There has yet to be a highly popular and successful public adoptables script, unlike forum softwares(which has VBulletin and IPB), CMS engines(which has Joomla and Drupal) and Blog systems(which has Wordpress). I am most excited at this opportunity to create the first ever successful public adoptables script for every aspiring adoptables/pets sites lovers to use on their hosting accounts.

What is the hardest thing about running the Mysidia Adoptable script?
    This is not a hard question, but may take a few sentences to explain. When I took over the old Rusnak Adoptables script from BMR, its support forum was almost dead. I did manage to organize a dev staff team by bringing back a few old RA coders and artists though, which makes this situation slightly better. We are still, however, having a hard time acquiring new members, the fact that I am no good advertiser makes it even worse. To summarize, this script had an essentially nonexistent popularity to begin with, and it has been rather hard to raise popularity even since then.

When did you get involved in the industry?
    I was first involved in the idea of adoptables in fall 2009, when I was quite amazed at the success of a pokemon site made with old Rusnak Adoptables. The site was called Pokepal, owned by AJ from Pokemon Epiphany. His sites and forums are all gone now, but for some reason I'd like to thank him for bringing me into this promising industry. From then on, I began working on my own site Pokemansion. It is a nice experience, I also realized that the script was lacking several key features to make an adoptables site. Because of this, I decided to contribute to the community by writing codes, and eventually I became the new owner of this script.

What is your other site, Pokemansion.net, about?
    Pokemansion is my adoptables site, as I've explained before. It is a pokemon adoptables site created with RA/Mys, and a perfect example of what you can do with this adoptables script. I began working on it since November 2009, and it was first open for public in February 2010. My experience with Pokemansion has been absolutely enjoyable, it was also a reason for me to make this decision to take over RA from BMR and continue to develop on this seemingly abandoned project.

Do you have any tips for people who want to do something like you have?
    Not sure if this helps, but this is what I truly believe. Do not expect to earn a huge amount of money from this, I can guarantee you that it is not even near profitable for you to invest in a commercial adoptables script. In order to run an adoptables script like this, you need to at least enjoy adoptables sites and programming yourself. My dev staff and I work on this script solely because we are aspiring adoptables site builders, and we'd love to share. This is why we have been enjoying ourselves a lot through this experience.

Thank you for your time Hall of Famer!
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Kesstryl

Kesstryl Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Neat, I use this script and have been active on their forums for a year now. Cool to see the humble beginnings.