Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.
  2. Have you read and commented on any of our Interviews or Reviews yet?
    Yes, it's true Teripets will not come back online
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets
    Virtual Pet Directory
    join mycena cave!

Interview with Martyn, owner of Seripets.com

Discussion in 'Interviews' started by cpvr, May 29, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Hello Martyn, please introduce yourself. Tell us some things about you.

I'm a 16 year old male from Scotland. I've been working on virtual pet sites for around 2 years and been playing them for around 7 years.
    The first pet site I played was Neopets, then Marapets and finally Lurapets.

I co-own the pet site Seripets with my friends Calypso and Amour.

I'm also a freelance musician... I go under the name RAV3BEAST Music Productions and I've been making music for 2 years and playing music for around 6-7 years.

My favourite things in life are music and nature, because they make you relax or get excited in many different ways.
    One of the things I hate the most is when people take forever to get to the point, it's just very annoying.

And that's about it really, I don't want to talk all about me.

1: Why the name Seripets?

I had worked for an in-development pet site called Aeripets.
    At the same time, I had been inspired by their name to create the name Seripets, as it sounded quite unique, but also incorperated the 'pets' bit to the end of the name.

2: What inspired you to create a pet site?

It wasn't really a case of being inspired, so to speak.

I ended up making a pet site around the time when I was working on Aeripets as a head admin.
    The owner of Aeripets had recently given the pet site over to another person to develop, meaning that all the staff that were on the original Aeripets Team ended up being left to find other jobs.

I felt quite sorry for them, as a lot of them worked hard for Aeripets, so I decided that I wasn't going to leave them to find other jobs, I was going to give them a job on Seripets.

And that's where we went from there.

3: How old were you when development began on Seripets?

If I remember correctly, I was around 14/15 years old.
    Not too sure to be honest.

4: What unique features will Seripets have?

So far we haven't though about our unique features.
    Instead we have decided to focus on our art, plots and basic features.

In the future, there will be more focus on the unique features on Seripets.

5: How do you feel about current pet sites?

Currently, I'd have to say that a lot of the pet sites are not as good as they could be.
    Marapets and Luraverse are two of the pet sites that I would say that about.

Marapets used to be brilliant, until recently, where a lot more petsites have:

• More detailed items/pets on their site.
    • Thought out events, rather than the Recession one.
    • A lot more unique features.
    • Plus, they have a lot more of a community feel.

Luraverse on the other hand, even though it is still in beta.. there are a lot of bad things about it, like the following:

• The users of Lurapets have been left for two months without any updates done to Luraverse.
    • Art from the original Lurapets had been used on Powerpets, which a lot of people find to be wrong.
    • Their layout isn't the best, have to admit it. They could have but a lot more effort into the layout.
    • And generally, the handling of Luraverse had been pretty bad. As the users were promised a lot of things, which in my opinion, have not happened.

That being said, the in-development pet sites are going to bring a lot more to the table when they are open to the public.

6: What's one of your favorite pets from Seripets?

Here is my favourite pet:

[​IMG]

The Rynik is a mix of an octopus, a bird and a space alien thing.
    It was drawn up by Truthuhn, a very talented artist and friend of mine.

7: How many NPCs will Seripets have?

Right now we only have two NPCs.
    But for the future I cannot confirm how many we will have.

The most we will probably have at opening will be 10 NPCs.

8: Have you decided on an opening date for Seripets yet?

Originally we had the date set to late 2011/summer 2012.

Due to recent events, I'd have to say that I'm not completely sure will be opened by then.

9: How big of a staff team do you have?

Roughly, we have around 20 staff members on the site.
    Some active and some that are inactive.

10: Where do you see pet sites going in two years?

In two years I'd like to think that petsites will have much more thought out plots, a better selection of pets and more detailed art.

Plus, I'd hope that there are more petsites set to the teenage generation.

11: Tell us about Seripets - is it your normal virtual pet site?

A lot of veteran pet site users would probably say that Seripets is a normal virtual pet site, with a twist.

Seripets is a virtual pet site that will bring back the original feel to petsites- not just a game, but a community of users. We take the old ways of petsites and put a unique spin on them.

Thought-out plots, interesting pets and a twist on the vetern feel of petsites.

Martyn is one the owners of the in-development pet site, Seripets.com
    join misticpets, support vpl