1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Is Sheldon supposed to be Autistic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpunkiSpirou, Jul 26, 2012.

1. SpunkiSpirou

SpunkiSpirou Pet Game Owner Pet Game Owner Banned

Reputations:
    So I started watching The Big Bang Theory and there's certain things that the character Sheldon does that makes him look like he's supposed to be autistic.

Like there was an episode a while back I watched where he had to have someone go with him somewhere, I can't remember what it was but it was like he couldn't go to this place unless he had someone with him and he was going to all these people who were on a list in a certain order, like the 1st best friend and then the second best friend, and so on. I was only watching it for a bit whilst I waited for something else to start though so I dunno much about that episode.

But in the episode that's just come on now, he goes to a barber's for a haircut and the guy that does his hair every time he goes there isn't in, he's in hospital. But this other guy opts to cut his hair instead but Sheldon's like he can't do it because he's not the person that usually does it and he'd do it wrong etc.

So I'm just wondering is he supposed to be Autistic or does he just appear to act like it?

2. Ajax

Ajax Mod & Artist | Need Help? Moderator VPL Staff Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    The only thing I know is that the girl from Charmed is in the show lol.

3. indysolo621

indysolo621 Elite Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I think it is hinted at that he is autistic. He is really smart, but doesn't really have any social skills. I doubt they will come out and say that his character is suppose to be autistic, but it is certainly hinted at.

4. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    why the hell were you watching the big bang theory

5. SpunkiSpirou

Reputations:
    Yeah I've noticed that.

And he doesn't pick up on things, like this lass in it comes out of her flat or summat wearing like yesterdays washing and there's this other lass moving in and the first lass says she's going for a run to work out, but Sheldon says like she doesn't work out and she only dresses like she does when she's run out of clean clothes/washing machines broken. It were dead funny still.

Think I'm gonna watch that now though if he's like autistic and that, plus its funny.

Plus Dax told me to watch it ages ago and I never did. He reminds me of him when he goes into certain super complex things, I'm like the lass on it when she's just like "Yeah ok,".

Pretty mint.

6. SpunkiSpirou

Reputations:
    It comes on after How I Met Your Mother, which comes on after Hollyoaks, which is the whole reason why I'm on the channel its on.

7. Joy

Joy Veteran Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    People seem to connect autism and intelligence more than often. Think about Einstein and how people believe he was autistic.

8. SpunkiSpirou

Reputations:
    Is Hawking autistic as well then?

9. Joy

Reputations:
    Did I say every case?

10. SpunkiSpirou

Reputations:
    Well you didn't even say 'case'.

11. Joy

Reputations:
    Just re-read my post. I said "more than often"; not "always".

12. TheTeen

TheTeen Superb Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Ooops...let me read wikipedia!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  13. Lyrakish

Lyrakish Superb Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I just think he is the epitome of socially awkward. Later in the series when Penny and Leonard are together they treat him as a surrogate son, almost as if he never grew up. He talks to his mother like a 5 year old and has certain practices.

If I were to analyse it I would say that his intelligence boosted his 'mental' age far beyond that of a normal child and since he is in a place of job satisfaction his childish mind has been rekindled. It would be good to see the show portray an autistic man. He is highly functioning if a bit annoying. I also love that the fan base were more shocked that Sheldon's actor was around 40years old rather than his sexuality.

14. The Little Tree

The Little Tree Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    *cough* Sheldon is meant to beautiful.

Though honestly, I'd recommend watching it regardless. Some of the humour is cleverly put together. Some is just for kicks.