1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

June Fiscal Report - KingdomSky.org

Discussion in 'Virtual Pets News' started by Velxeor, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Velxeor

Velxeor Active Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    [TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD][TABLE="width: 100%"]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD="align: left"]Posted by: [​IMG]Angel[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

cpvr likes this.
  2. Lewis

Lewis Corepets owner Moderator VPL Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    That's nice of Angel to donate some of the income to a charity.

How was $390 and $589 spent on programming and art in 4 days?

3. Eknaram

Eknaram Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I believe it's about the entire month of June. But the site was open for only 4 days.

4. Sid12192

Sid12192 Active Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    hahah ^ post.
    I understand they were just giving the report but they made THAT MUCH only in 4 days. thats a lot.

That's nice of Angel to donate some of the income to a charity.
    ----
    and no, i mean if you doing a business, and you are not in profit, god's not gonna pay for it, you have to pay for it. so its not no charity or anything.
    just like that picture above says, if you own it u gotta pay it. its not like the owner shares their profit for free.

5. soulmirror

soulmirror Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    How did you calculate Federal Tax, State Tax, and County Tax?

I'm in Canada, and I'm not sure what they are, especially county. I pay my income tax to the Canada Revenue Agency as one thing. I was pretty sure that the US was the same. But I don't run a business, so can you explain what these are?

Is it the expected amount you'll have to pay at the end of the year, or are you paying monthly tax?

I'm not sure how this works, but aren't businesses taxed on net profit for the year, and not revenue? Or are these deductions on payroll or internet transactions? Are you incorporated as a business or is this based on someone's projected personal income over the year?

I'm not sure why you put this on your sheet is all.

Do you think that you can do any projections for art/programming costs based on this? Or do you think this was a big month?

Also, I'm not trying to be rude, just find out more about how this is done. :)

6. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    The site will more than likely be a lot more profitable this month as it just opened. Investments are good though because it keeps the game flowing. In all honestly, I believe this month will see higher growth, and more revenue.

Gabby likes this.
  7. Grotesque

Grotesque Pet Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Reputations:
    As my posting got deleted from Gabby, the non-neutral KS fanboy, here again so your posting makes sense, because I can't see any disrespect in here:

[​IMG]

Metterschlingel likes this.
  8. que

que Supporter VPL Supporter Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    If a mod deleted something, wouldn't it be better to leave it as such in order to prevent further instigation? :/
    Also, I'm pretty sure @cpvrcpvr gave her the 'OK'.

In any sense, I feel the use of a meme with the title "Condescending Wonka" is a tad distasteful and obviously used without the best intentions.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Corleone likes this.
  9. Grotesque

Reputations:
    It is just on the same level of ridiculousness like

I mean, what is the intention of this sentence?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  10. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    Of course, site owners are going to fund their site, what business owner doesn't? We deleted the post for a reason, so I'm not sure why you brought it back up, and you did receive an infraction for it.
    And any pet site takes time to really start generating the dough, so I'm not sure how this gif is merited for this thread?

And since you posted the gif, why don't you post the finacial reports of Breepets?

It means she's serious about her business???

Micky and Tyler like this.
  11. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    I must agree with @Bexxy. @Grotesque, I agreed with you on many points but the meme is a bit too much already, don't you think? Let's try to bring more positivity into these forums, cause frankly, all the* negative energy this place has gotten into recently is annoying the shit outta me.

Joy, Onyx and cpvr like this.
  12. Grotesque

Reputations:
    Because IMO detailed financial reports should not be a concern of the users, but thats only my opinion, I'm fine with other opinions at that point. I never made a secret of it, that earning money with a pet site is a nice thing and one of the motivations to work on BreePets. I think everyone deserves a loan for work. I don't want to bother my userbase whether we make minus or plus, if users pay for what they get we're happy and if not we don't want to make a subtle force to do so.

But I quoted especially this sentence because it is not that special how it intends to sound. I think EVERY serious owner cares about his business, thats no point which should be exaggurated like this. The financial report didn't take my attention and I'm fine with this but this sentence is a stab and insult to every other pet site owner who tries to get revenue of his site and I'm not alone with this opinion. Furthermore, IMO it is a very subliminal force of the type "You should buy more, because I'm in the red numbers".

Another point, as I said I'm fine with posting such reports, but if you do so, it should be documented with bills or some other sort of proof because one cannot distinguish whether these numbers are true or not. I don't want to presume something to anybody, but there could be the hypothetical case that it was in fact more revenue or what happens to the non-profit aspect when KS makes serious income? Will that be told to the userbase as well? Nobody knows without provable numbers. "In for a penny, in for a pound." otherwise it feels sort of dishonesty. Dishonesty and disingenuousness are two things I cannot agree with, but as I said I don't presume anything on this point. I hope one can understand now the motivation of my "attacks", which were only critical questions. I wish success to KS, they deserve their loan for the work as well as every other, but it should be on a clean, honest and comprehensible way as other owners do, too.

Lewis likes this.
  13. Grotesque

Reputations:
    I agree with you. But sometimes you have to sound things out, so everyone is a fair player in this business.

Corleone likes this.
  14. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    @GrotesqueGrotesque

Excuse my disorganized response my head is kinda spinning because it's busy here. To reply to some of the things you bring up though.

I think Angel and all of us are aware that the huge majority of site owners absolutely do put in a lot of their own money at the start. I don't think it's a slam at other owners I think it was more to make users aware who are not. On Kingdom Sky we have gotten some feedback from users that basically said we dont' have enough of this or that and that they are angry about it. To let people know that it's coming out of her pocket was to help those who do not understand, understand that there are limits to what we are able to do. What we would like to do and what we are capable of doing are on two different spectrums. We did want to acknowledge there concerns though because we absolutely do care and we want most of those things too.

It would be my opinion also that it was thrown out there because when you spend thousands of dollars of your own money to provide a service FOR OTHER PEOPLE and give it your all and their response is to complain... that would hurt your feelings. You would want to defend yourself and say hey I'm doing the best I can I am spending my own money to give you guys this. Which to me makes sense why you are feelings slightly attacked by it because you want recognition because you do the same. I cannot say for sure that that is how Angel feels because i have not asked but I would think that very possibly another reason.

As far as the fiscal reports what was posted here is not actually the in depth version that kingdom sky intends to have. If I'm not mistaken we WILL be offering a place for people to see those receipts, screenshots, etc... Honestly with respect to what you say though I feel like ANY information of a financial sort that a owner shares with the users is ok. I think it is up to the owner to decide WHAT if anything is shared. SO if this is all we chose to share that should be ok... because like you stated some people aren't sharing anything at all (which is fine too).

Joy and glory like this.
  15. soulmirror

soulmirror Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    I had kind of a boring question, but I'd still like to know.
    I'd like to know if this data can help future owners with planning.

16. Organic

Reputations:
    @soulmirrorsoulmirror

Angel does not have a VPL account here or participate here. She handles the finances of Kingdom Sky being the owner and all. Maybe @KeithKeith @SlashmasterSlashmaster or @MartynMartyn might know though?

17. Gabby

Gabby Top Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    @LoveLove Yes, Angel does have a a VPL account. @AngelyAngely

18. Organic

Reputations:
    @GabbyGabby that's news to me 0.o I thought she had it closed. Well I know for a fact she doesn't participate here so it's not really helpful to post a question like that to her... not here anyway. You could probably ask on Kingdom Sky though :)

Gabby likes this.
  19. Gabby

Gabby Top Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    Agreed ^-^

20. Martyn

Martyn Director of Seripets Pet Game Owner Approved Writer Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    The figures could help future owners, but obviously it's all based on how you present your site & how you are as a person..
    Plus various other factors, too many to mention. :p