Welcome to the Virtual Pet List Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. It is completely free and one of the most positive communities on the web! Come and join the fun!

Join VPL Today!
  1. Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!

We're a Virtual Pets and Sim Games Community. We have a lot of Virtual Pet Sites Owners and Sim Games Owners that frequently visit, along with Artists, Writers and Programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our Artists sell art in our Art Marketplace and Programmers are allowed to sell scripts in the Programming Marketplace. We've been opened since 2011 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our List of Virtual Pet Sites has a lot of Sim Games listed as well. You are more than welcome to check out our directory of sites and find a new game to play. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our Game Reviews and Interviews with Coders, Artists, Writers and Game Owners of the industry.

Kingdom Sky Review by Jinxx

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Jinxx, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Jinxx

Jinxx Member VPL Member

This is a relatively new site.... Obviously registrations are closed for the time being, with registration being on Fridays during certain hours. Once you finally register the admin has to accept your account, and you can visit the site.

There's one flaw to the way the site is set up to begin with. In order to log in, you have to click on any link that will form an error because you're not signed in. I do like one factor that they've added for logging in compared to other site. You need a pin number, not just a password.

[​IMG]

After clicking on a random page to get the error and logging in, you see whatever you happened to click on, which sometimes can be annoying. If you happen to click the wrong thing, it can lead you somewhere you don't want to go.

[​IMG]

Your user panel is what controls what you do. Viewing your profile, your inventory, your store, your bank, everything like that including your guardians. This can lead to an issue since the buttons are so small, and so close together that you can actually click the wrong one, leading to the wrong page. With all the lag that this site experiences this can be a pain.

[​IMG]

To go play their games in order to get Cloud Coins (CC) to buy your first guardian at 10k, can be rather confusing. They use banners for the names of their games, and they link to the game. Only issue with this is some of the banners are hard to read. I personally wouldn't have picked the fancy script that they chose because of the difficulties to read at times.

[​IMG]

The staff seems to be overstaffed. There's many admins, mods, and other helpers that they have, but a very small member population. Of the 40 members online now, 5 of them are staff, and there's many more that are offline (as the sites set time right now is about 3AM). When bringing up issues, most Mods/admins ask you to submit a ticket regardless of severity, but when brought to the attention of certain admins, they have to hand off the issue to Angel (the creator of the site). So some mods/admins can't even help the users when issues arise, and hand off the issues to other staff. Mods and admins also moderate the shoutbox, only issue, some staff misread/misunderstood the rules and try enforcing them incorrectly, leading to misunderstandings on every party.

[​IMG]

When it comes to the user shops there's a lot of helpful functions including an autopricer. You can use it once daily, and it prices all your items in your shop 1CC below the other prices in shop. The multistock item is very useful because when you try to move them from your inventory it's antagonizing to move them with the confirmation page, and drop down page for each item.

[​IMG]

The forums are hard to navigate. It doesn't show you the subboards which leads to me not knowing what could potentially go where. Although it contains descriptions, things that are on the border of two topics could become a wary thing to deal with. The forums don't seem entirely too active to me, as there's barely any topics in anything other than introductions.

[​IMG]

The punishments in the rule are justified in a way. If found breaking the rules, you're supposed to get a warning first, the punishments also go towards the shoutbox, but instead of being banned from KS, you're banned from the shoutbox. The only issue is that I've seen plenty of warnings in the shoutbox not through private message, but publicly through the shoutbox. Another issue is that instead of posting a news update for new rules, and showing the members the new rules, they're expected to check multiple times a day for any changes, although I've seen a few updates for them in the shoutbox, but if I wasn't on or paying attention to the shoutbox at the time, then I wouldn't have seen it at all without checking the page.

[​IMG]

They have growing pets! Once your pet gets to level 25 for each of it's stats it grows into the adult form and you can use a heart on it to change the color. The pet given is just one, in both forms, the baby, and the assorted colors given.

[​IMG]

Overall, this site could use a lot of improvement. Things have been going up. The lag has seemed to slow down compared to what it was before, and Capchas were added for the random event (only the ones that give out prizes), and that seems to have combated it. The site seems to be going slowly in the right direction, but with the new big recode coming up, some of the things pointed out above can be changed.​
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    Gohawk and cpvr like this.
    join misticpets, support vpl
  2. Lauren

Lauren Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone VPL Member

@Jinxx -
    What do you mean by this? I don't have any HC and I can see everything that's currently stocked in the shop.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but this isn't really a "review," it's more of your complaints about the site. I mean, they're mostly valid, just mislabeled lol.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  3. Jinxx

Jinxx Member VPL Member

I can't see/navigate to see what's in the shop then.... Interesting...

It is a review... They're not complaints, it's showing how the site is..
  4. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Could you possibly go more in-depth with this review? Such as in the style of the Neopets review by Fizzeh?

You didn't include any screenshots, pets, items, nada.
  5. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

Agreed. @Jinxx Any chance you might be able to add more detail to this post and make it more critical and thought provoking?
  6. Lauren

Lauren Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone VPL Member

EDIT: Ninja'd.
    Gabby likes this.
  7. Gwonk

Gwonk New Member VPL Member

Got to remember the site is new and things are changing and being fixed. One new feature I saw implemented was an anti auto-refresher system. Should very well, where as before it was obvious people were using them to get tons of gold and items.
  8. Jinxx

Jinxx Member VPL Member

Updated the first post.
  9. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Stinky mo-minky Approved Artist Approved Writer VPL Member

Congratz, you picked out most of the bad shit.
    I am happy for you son.
  10. clubanimon

clubanimon Member VPL Member

Jinx, you need to choose what section of the star shop you want to look at before it loads you to anything. The base page of it is blank currently. If you hit shop then view items you should be fine.
  11. Unity

Unity Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

I think it's a bit soon for a review. This would have done well as a first impression topic I think. I also think it's good that they have that amount of staff. That way the site can stay safe and things can be fixed and added fast. It shouldn't take longer for them to get the confusion sorted out because of the number of staff if they all get reminded to learn their rules as good as they can and to stay vigilant and just whatever applies to their task.
  12. Grotesque

Grotesque Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Member

No it's not too early for a review. It is like every other game which comes out (even bigger ones like Diablo 3, etc. have to deal with first day reviews) to the public. As soon as you go public, you have to handle opinions of others, even if you don't like them. Look at other threads and forums how people are complaining about bugs of other games at their release date, regardless whether it is a big company game or a little indie game.
  13. Jinxx

Jinxx Member VPL Member

That's my question to you @Unity Why is it too early for a review? Certain companies that beta test games out and such get reviews before it goes public. Kingdom Sky is semi-public. It's no longer in the beta test phase.... I think a review is necessary and I will update it as things change.
  14. Unity

Unity Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

There is a difference between a console game and games like these. Console games are already finished while games like these are constantly being worked on. That's why I thought calling it a first impression would be more fitting. So it's good to know you intend to keep this guide updated. But then after your posts I think I understand the broad meaning of the word review. My bad.
  15. Grotesque

And what about MMORPG's? I'm sure when GW2 comes out there will also be early reviews.
  16. Grotesque

edit: double
  17. myrianna

myrianna Approved Artist Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Member

well y that, then it is never the right time for a review. o_O People can/will write reviews when it is open to the public, you can't stop people from having an opinion, because it isn't ready. If it's not ready for the public, and don't want people having opinions, why open it to them?
    Corzeir likes this.
  18. Grotesque

[sarcasm on]But it is Kingdom Sky, no criticism allowed until they're done with all their business they have to do ;) Or you will be shitstormed for not praising the most fascinating site of the year with awesome features like toss a coin! (the by far most awesome newcomer site this year IMO is/was Paladore) [sarcasm off]

I agree with you, once you're public you have to deal with opinions in a professional way without getting personal or searching for weak excuses or telling people minding their own business.
    Corzeir, Micky and FallenAngel like this.
  19. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Good job with the updating of the review. Looks a whole lot better now!
  20. Asphodel

Asphodel New Member VPL Member

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but I think its the perfect time for a review even if it just launched for grand opening otherwise no one can ever review the site, which defeats the purpose of making one if there is nothing you can talk about. That being said, I joined less than a day ago on Paladore and while I was exploring I found a weightloss forum.

If the site is aimed for 13+ then why does it need a weightloss forum when there is already problems with the media and their photoshopping and thinspo propaganda. If anything a petsite should take you away from that, not introduce it to your face. 13-17 year olds shouldn't be worrying about their weight anyway. I understand adults may but that sort of talk is better suited for a non-petsite location like Facebook where a majority of us do not have people under a certain age.

I'm also curious as to why the site says its not religious but forbids and sort of satanic/sacrilegious users, names or pets. Hell may not be the way to go for a lot of people, but if I want to name my pet Lucifer I see no issue with it since its a Supernatural character. c:
    cpvr likes this.