1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. Game owners can use our forum to their advatange by promoting/advertising their games to our users and receive feedback/reviews from those members that try their games out. We support developers of all kinds from RPG developers, sim game developers to virtual pet site developers. We want to see more games in our industry come across more success and that's why we try our best to release as many guides/articles regarding online gaming development as we can.
    We're unlike other forums in our industry because we try our best to be there for our users no matter what and give them advice whenever they ask for it. Running an online game isn't an easy task, but with our many resources that we've built since 2011, you'll learn a lot from our online community. Please don't ever be afraid to ask a question on the forums because if you never ask, then you'll never receive an answer to your question and you can only improve by asking other users for help/advice.
    We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are very frequent visitors on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We also allow game owners to sell their game in our general marketplace
    In early 2011, we decided to make a comeback to the internet because in 2010, we had a minor setback and we had to re-launch without any content, but with a lot of time, patience, hardwork and effort, we've managed to rebuild the Virtual pet list community into something better than it was before. We actually registered our domain name on November 4th, 2004, but we were only a directory then and all we had was a basic comments system for users to post things on their favorite games..
    So, what are you waiting for, why don't you join today? If you have any problems figuring out our security code, then here's a hint, it has millions upon users and has been around since 1997.
    Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of different games listed, so we're pretty sure that you may find some games that suits your needs as a player of sim games or virtual pet sites.
    If you're still curious about a certain game that you'd like to play, then please check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have worked in this industry.

2. Guest,

Over the next few days there may be some slight changes to VPL. If you see something going on don't be alarmed we most likely know about it! If you have any troubles please contact Evolution.

Happy Holidays
    The VPL Staff
  3. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?
    VPL's sister site the virtual pets blog

Life outside the Earth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpvr, May 18, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    What does everyone think? Do you think there's others like us out there? Do you think there are some worlds out there - excluding earth with possibly humans, aliens, or other type of space-things.

I'm not really sure what to think, but I guess if we have Earth, then there's has to be something else out there, but we will only know if the truth every comes out[if there is].

So, do you think there's life outside of the planet Earth?

2. jakdacrowe

jakdacrowe crow, bird, thing Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Definitely. The universe is constantly expanding. I've heard of planets having the optimal conditions on sustaining life.
    I don't expect them to look like us. I don't expect them to higher or lower technology than us. I dunno.
    But since there's a planet like Earth, there's bound to be a few more bazillions out there we haven't discovered or heard about.

c: We're not alone!

3. VanipetiLover

VanipetiLover Growing Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Well If there are, I wish it wouldn't SUCK our brainz.

4. UlyssesBlue

UlyssesBlue Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Our planet is located within a solar system in which there are at least a dozen planets, dwarf planets and planet-sized moons, plus about 160 various other moons and counting. Of these, several have been found to posses water, hospitable temperatures and other essential ingredients for life.
    Our solar system is located within a galaxy in which there are anywhere from 200 to 400 billion stars, and potentially just as many planets, with an estimated 10 billion of these within the habitable zone.
    Our galaxy is located within a galactic cluster in which there are at least 54 galaxies, of which the Milky Way isn't even the biggest.
    Our galactic cluster is located within a supercluster, in which there are at least 100 galactic clusters, of which the largest is estimated to contain up to 2000 galaxies.
    Our supercluster is located within a galactic filament, in which there are approximately 60 superclusters. This is the second largest identified structure in the observable universe, measuring about 1 billion light years long.
    Our galactic filament, and everything we can observe is located within what is known as the observable universe, which stretches 46 billion light years in every direction, with potentially much more beyond. It is estimated to contain over 100 billion galaxies.

Our universe is bigger than we can possibly imagine, and contains more stars and planets than we are capable of comprehending. Faced with such dauntingly large scales, it is unfathomable to ask ourselves, "Are we alone?" What we should really be asking ourselves is, "How can we possibly be unique?"

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  5. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Thinking about space really puts things into perspective for me, it makes me realize how small and worthless we really are.

6. Encode

Encode Approved Artist Approved VPL Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    It's funny, when I think about things more holistically like this, it makes me feel much more comforted.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson sums up my thoughts on the matter pretty well:
    “Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.â€

7. Kiara

Kiara Superb Member Former VPL Staff VPL Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't doubt it at all, but I really don't think anything out there would be like us. I think it's weird even that scientists say life can only exist if planets are like ours... what if there's a lifeform out there that doesn't need anything we need? No oxygen, water, etc. Just because our "life" needs certain things doesn't mean that all life in the universe would need the same conditions, unless I'm missing something here...

So I believe there's a possibility for "life" in some form, though I'm super skeptical about ~aliens~ like media pictures.

8. UlyssesBlue

UlyssesBlue Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    @KiaraKiara
    You're quite correct. Scientists studying life on our own planet are constantly revising the known requirements for life in general. The most recent thing to turn everything on its head was a discovery of bacteria which flourished on arsenic. There's also been others found to live in extremely acidic or extremely alkaline environments, under temperatures hot enough to boil water, and a variety of other extreme conditions that we wouldn't have a chance of surviving ourselves. What this seems to be telling us is that life is very persistent, and even the most inhospitable places may be able to support life.

If you're interested, look up 'extremophiles'.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  9. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Reputations:
    it really makes me wonder because how big Earth truly is. And in fact, I can't wait to see what Nasa finds on Mars.