Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Lions and Tigers LEGAL in Ontario, while Pit Bulls are banned.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by que, Jun 7, 2012.

1. que

que Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

(Lions and Tigers are legal to OWN in ontario. AS PETS.)

I live here in Ontario, and thought this was outrageous.

Of course you need the necessary paperwork to own the animals, but you can't even own a Pit in Ontario unless it was around before the ban, even with paperwork... however, from what I heard in February, the Pit Bull ban is close to being lifted.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/02/24/ontario-mpp-pitbull-ban-end.html

I really would love to know more about this, but I can't find too much info.

Here are some articles I stumbled upon, and by stumbled upon- I mean found on Google.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/09/16/ontario-breeder-selling-lion-and-tiger-cubs-as-house-pets/

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20100110/tiger_death_100110/

[​IMG]

I love these dogs, lol.​
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Just... DAFUQ?
  3. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

god bless america for having their priorities in check and knowing exactly how to keep their citizens safe
  4. Jolly

Jolly Approved Artist Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

In california about every pet is banned except cats, dogs and small birds and some small animals.
  5. que

@uglytrolls - Haha, was that meant to be sarcasm? I can't ever tell on the internet... This is actually in Canada, though!
    @Corleone - DAFUQ indeed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

Uh... I'm assuming they need a reason to ban tigers and other potential threatening pets before doing so?​
  7. Lion

Lion NICKI MINAJ! Approved Artist VPL Member

So you can have a pet Lion? Or Tiger? but not a Pit Bull. As Much as I want a White Lion, I would rather have pit bull bite my face that a lion. o_O
  8. que

@Joy - Uh, so a Tiger mauling a 10 year-old at a man's house during a school trip... then eventually killing his owner isn't reason enough? Ok.
    Not to mention Lions and Tigers are wild and exotic animals. They are large, ferocious and proud animals. They cannot be controlled with a leash. They are not domesticated. They are not meant to be pets.
    Dogs are, however, meant to be pets. They are domesticated. They learn from their owners, and actions of dogs reflect such.
    An untrained civilian cannot, with a level-head, raise and tame a wild animal like a tiger or lion.

@Lion - Yes, you can indeed own a Tiger or Lion. I actually managed to look up a breeder near me.
    With the right papers, they can be in someone's possession almost over night.
  9. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

@Bexxy

Um... I wasn't saying that I agreed with any of this?
    Not entirely sure why you told me all of that when I already know and I was sort of being sarcastic in my post. But ok. xP
    I mean, it's just common sense that they should just ban tigers and lions... so... yeah.​
  10. que

@Joy - I'm incredibly sorry that I completely misinterpreted your post.

"Uh... I'm assuming they need a reason to ban tigers and other potential threatening pets before doing so?"

It sounded like you implied that the dogs had a reason to be banned, while the Tigers/Lions have not done anything yet to warrant being banned.

I apologize!
  11. Joy

Joy Member VPL Member

No need to apologize, it's just a simple misunderstanding. xP
    hehe​
  12. uglytrolls

uglytrolls Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@Bexxy haha yes it was sarcasm
    really im just laughing that they think pitbulls are dangerous despite them being, y'know, domesticated
    and then theyre like 'but you can have tigers who have the instinct to kill and are not domesticated'

just smh america
  13. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Exactly my thoughts as well, Lions and tigers are more dangerous than Pitbulls.
  14. Organic

Organic Supporter VPL Supporter VPL Member

@Bexxy Yes that is messed up. A lot of states are like that too though. Look at the escaped exotic animals thing that happened in Ohio it was the most tragic and disturbing thing I have ever heard or seen. I absolutely thing we should have exotic bans. Pitbulls definitely SHOULDN'T be banned lol... well I guess ohio is onboard now we don't have vicious dog breeds anymore and we have stricter exotic laws.
  15. Pepper-Head

Pepper-Head You've cat to be kitten mew right meow. Approved Artist Pet Game Owner VPL Member

As a volunteer in an animal shelter, we often get a lot of pit bulls and boxers or the dogs that might look a bit rougher. But to be honest, these dogs are some of the most gentle and loving that I've seen. Sure they've got a lot of power, but they're just going to randomly use it...? No, it's all in the owner. There's one pit bull in my shelter, Gypsy, that I get in the cage with her, sit down, play tug of war, take anything from her mouth at any time, etc, and she'd be so sweet and loving about it! She came from an abusive past and is a bit weary about other dogs (ones that you would fight with), but otherwise she is a gentle sweetheart and it's a shame that people avoid her because of her breed :c

Another one, Bella, thought she was a lap dog x'D She was also super affectionate and LOVED to be petted. The only aggression I've ever seen from her is towards squeaky toys!

A lot of people lack common sense or any real knowledge about dogs :/ I've seen a lot of cases where they are so close to adopting a dog, they hear it bark (not in any way threatening or violent.. just a bark), and they nervously back down. Or they buy a dog and then put it up for adoption the next day because it isn't all behaved (you have to train it -_- ) or it has an accident in the house.

I hope that Pit ban gets lifted, good luck!
    cpvr likes this.
  16. Onyx

Onyx Supporter Pet Game Owner VPL Supporter VPL Member

From reading that article, it doesn't look like the ban has much chance of being lifted, though here'd to hoping. This is the main reason I'd never move back to Ontario, at least not while the ban is active. Kind of makes me shudder to think of what other laws are being passed, when something like this bill was passed. It sends a message to me that the government of said Province is too irrational for me to want to move there.